• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunderland

to the less than salubrious surroundings of Roots Hall? How insulting is that?

Coming from Sunderland I think that's a bit rich.

You forget Sunderland have just come from the Premiership, and are probably referring to the stadium, which will be worlds away from what they're used to.

Besides, we should come to expect this sort of thing from the 'big clubs', god knows we got it last year from most of them!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (basics @ Aug. 15 2006,13:48)]to the less than salubrious surroundings of Roots Hall? How insulting is that?

To be fair, Roots Hall is about a quarter of the capacity of the Stadium of Light.

To be even fairer, Sunderland are three points behind us. Sad Mackem bastards.

Our ground is crap and half the size of 21 of the other clubs so you can understand that comment.

Whilst the new stadium still wont compete with most capacity wise it will certainly be something to be proud of !

I understand that comment on the Sunderland site, I'm sure none of their players want to come to places like Roots Hall - tough, that's what happens when you get relegated. Maybe our 'less than salubrious' stadium will be something of a 12th man for us against the bigger clubs this season?

salubrious. meaning, healthy decent, hygenic, wholesome, respectable. Did they really mean to use this word?

A poor choice of word, perhaps, but I got the general gist of the statement. If they think RH is 'less than salubrious', then whatever did/will they think about Kenilworth Road and Layer Road?!?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr. Benedict @ Aug. 15 2006,13:55)]You forget Sunderland have just come from the Premiership, and are probably referring to the stadium, which will be worlds away from what they're used to.

Besides, we should come to expect this sort of thing from the 'big clubs', god knows we got it last year from most of them!
Quite right. Even though I love the place, Roots Hall is no Anfield or Old Trafford. I'm more than happy for every big team that comes here to belittle our ground and talk down about our club.

While pride always comes before a fall, let them underestimate us every day of the week!

Surely we'd have been guilty of underestimating the Col U (except that it simply isn't possible!)

Received in newsletter

THIS Saturday's home fixture against Sunderland looks like it could be a sell out and fans are urged to purchase tickets as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

Niall Quinn brings his side down to Essex on the back of three straight defeats and Tilly will be hoping this form can continue as three points are vital for Southend.

Sunderland were playing in the Premiership last season so this match will be a further test for our players. Blues fans will, however, be hoping for a victory to boost confidence ahead of their trips to Bournemouth in the League Cup and Leicester City in the Championship, the following week.

Home form is likely to be extremely important this season and if we can make Roots Hall a fortress then we stand a great chance of doing well in this league.

If you haven't already purchased your tickets for this game then you need to hurry as they are selling fast. To check availability and to purchase your tickets call the Southend United Ticket Hotline on:

Ticket Hotline: 08444 77 00 77

[b said:
Quote[/b] (basics @ Aug. 15 2006,13:48)]to the less than salubrious surroundings of Roots Hall? How insulting is that?

That's fear talking i reckon!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ldnfatso @ Aug. 15 2006,21:02)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif
Thing is, this is a MASSIVE match for Sunderland. Coming down from the Premiership as they have and starting so poorly, there must be huge pressure on their manager Niall Quinn. Wonder how long the chairman will give him if results don't pick up soon?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (basics @ Aug. 15 2006,16:23)]Received in newsletter

THIS Saturday's home fixture against Sunderland looks like it could be a sell out and fans are urged to purchase tickets as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
I purchased my ticket early for both Palace and QPR, but it didn't stop me being disappointed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Aug. 16 2006,11:13)]
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif
Thing is, this is a MASSIVE match for Sunderland. Coming down from the Premiership as they have and starting so poorly, there must be huge pressure on their manager Niall Quinn. Wonder how long the chairman will give him if results don't pick up soon?

rock.gif
Well I suppose he'll give himself as times as he needs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Aug. 16 2006,13:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Aug. 16 2006,11:13)]
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif

rock.gif
Well I suppose he'll give himself as times as he needs  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Mmm, two and a half hours for the first nibble...

images

biggrin.gif

Back