• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. if you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and get you back on the site.

Sunderland

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Co-ordinator
Yes, we'd be interested too, hadn't realised it's a "seaside", thought it was just the more industrial side of things. Possibly looking to go by train to give himself a proper break.

Bearded Shrimper

Cool. I'm looking at train, anything else is just mad long. It looks like the stadium is not far from the station. Travel lodge looks affordable so might do that

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Co-ordinator
£260 return for two of us from Rayleigh to Sunderland. I'll give that a swerve
Received this recently, for the return, which shows a significantly cheaper price...worth signing up to the sites that check these kind of things. Not booked it yet, but hope to soon.

We are pleased to inform you that advance single tickets for your return journey from Newcastle Central (Metro) to Benfleet on 29 October 2018 are now available to buy on Trainline.com.

The cheapest advance single ticket we found for you was £44.50. This price was last checked on 23 June 2018.

Received this recently, for the return, which shows a significantly cheaper price...worth signing up to the sites that check these kind of things. Not booked it yet, but hope to soon.

We are pleased to inform you that advance single tickets for your return journey from Newcastle Central (Metro) to Benfleet on 29 October 2018 are now available to buy on Trainline.com.

The cheapest advance single ticket we found for you was £44.50. This price was last checked on 23 June 2018.
only available to book 3 months in advance I thought? I just use National Rail Inquiries and they don't have options to book that far in advance.

only available to book 3 months in advance I thought? I just use National Rail Inquiries and they don't have options to book that far in advance.
I too checked LNER and Grand Central neither are selling tickets at the moment. BA flight £85 return to Newcastle bit pricey by the time you add parking at Heathrow.

I went to the game the year Sunderland were last in league 1, must have been close to 10 years ago now roughly.

I flew from Stansted to Newcastle using easyjet and I'm pretty sure it cost me around £60 (maybe slightly less) and it took something like an hour or so. Once landed in Newcastle you get the tube (or whatever they call it) straight from the airport directly to The Stadium of Light so it couldn't have been any easier really.

On the way back the squad were in the departure lounge with the other fans but we'd just got smashed 3 nil (I think) so it wasn't that great.

Lovely stadium though and a very good away trip except the actual game.

Just took a look at easyjets website and they no longer fly to Newcastle, I swear I flew with them, maybe it wasn't.

It seems you can only fly to Newcastle from Heathrow using British Airwaysl return flight costing you £252 so probably not worth it considering the journey/cost to the airport and back.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss
I wasn't going to do the full works on Sunderland yet as it isn't until 27th October and the cheap train fares aren't usually issued till three months before departure. As stated earlier looking at current departures you can get return from London for about £43.

Should be doing the full works about end of July

mattitouk

Life President
Yes, we'd be interested too, hadn't realised it's a "seaside", thought it was just the more industrial side of things. Possibly looking to go by train to give himself a proper break.
To be honest, I never knew Sunderland was on the coast either, (had the same impression of it being an industrial town also) and even to make it worse, I used to make regular trips up to Newcastle by train to see a mate who worked there at the time, and just presumed it was also inland with a river, and another distant part of the city / area,.... even used to do pub crawls up to wallsend and still never figured it out because i didn't see the sea, although in hindsight, the boats were a lot bigger there!!...In hindsight, it must have been the copious amounts of brown ale i consumed on the journey.

Last edited: