• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Sunrise to Sunset Charity Match - We did it!

number11

"Good morning everybody........"
All,

Just to confirm that SZFC succesfully completed their continuous match from sunrise yesterday to sunset last night. It was truly surreal to have kicked off with the sun about to rise above the goal we were attacking, and when the final whistle went almost 15 and a half hours later it was setting behind the goal we were defending.

I will leave the Flying Scotsman with the honour of revealing the final amount raised, as he has worked tirelessly ensuring this event ran as smoothly as it did, but it was an astounding amount and way beyond our initial aims. To work full time, with a young family and still find time to dedicate to this cause is deserving of utmost respect. I know he has taken time off work to get this up and running but Im sure when the final amount was calculated last night he would have thought it worthwhile! Suggesting you all send green rep his way will barely convey the efforts he has gone to.

Thank you to all those who played a part in helping organise this, Stevie GGG, Bob Cratchitt, The General, Emu and Daisy, Cricko for his work before and during the day and those who helped run the various events and fundraisers during the day. It was my first opportinity to sample OBL's delicious cakes which she kindly provided, and they were delicious.

This board managed to raise a team of posters from here to play the last part of the match and the biggest crowd of the day assembled to see them strut their stuff. Hopefully South Bank Hank will find some skin on his knees soon!!

The auction prizes recieved some great bids, with Irate Ian picking up the signed England match ball, True Blue the limited addition poppy shirt and Christophe shirt from the Chelsea match, and deservedly the Flying Scotsman taking up Laurents shirt from the same match.

Overall all, a great occassion, a great effort and thank you to everyone for their donations, efforts and support. The Donations can still be made via the justgiving link below, but all that's left to say is thank you to everyone for your help.

Well done all for yesterday, especially to Dave (The Flying Scotsman). I cant imagine how the boys are feeling! Sometimes its bad enough listening to Kev after 90mins! Dont think he will moan about a few minutes now!! Not sure how Seymour (Junior Toot) felt at 7am this morning to get up for more football!!

Was a great day and i still cant get over how much we raised for the day and all went without a glitch! Everyone even had oranges all day after each hour spell courtesy of Sgt Cooper!!!

Apologies for those that i annoyed for being annoyingly awake ALL DAY! (even at 4:45am when most were still asleep!!)

Em.

Well done all for yesterday, especially to Dave (The Flying Scotsman). I cant imagine how the boys are feeling! Sometimes its bad enough listening to Kev after 90mins! Dont think he will moan about a few minutes now!! Not sure how Seymour (Junior Toot) felt at 7am this morning to get up for more football!!
Was a great day and i still cant get over how much we raised for the day and all went without a glitch! Everyone even had oranges all day after each hour spell courtesy of Sgt Cooper!!!

Apologies for those that i annoyed for being annoyingly awake ALL DAY! (even at 4:45am when most were still asleep!!)

Em.

Very tired, extremely sore and aching but all for a really great cause.

What an amazing day, I am in agony basically from the neck down but I don't think anyone will disagree that it is worth all our aches and pains considering what was achieved on the day and the amount that was raised.

Ouch ouch and ouch. Woke up at half 11 after a well deserved 11 hour sleep and going to treat myself by watching the GP, both football matches and eating alot.

YELLLLLOWS are supposedly in action over at the Chase tomorrow evening - im not so sure how we are going to manage it!!

Kev

To be fair Rob, any of your saves would get that award ;)

Think we know which one he means though! To be fair Rob played brilliantly both in and out of goal - you all did - I think the Pride of the Zone surprised the Is with just how much of a game they gave them. Not quite the whitewash they were expecting! Oh and apologies to Dave and whoever else (wasn't sure who) it was that my son's mate fouled - bit over zealous!

Think we know which one he means though! To be fair Rob played brilliantly both in and out of goal - you all did - I think the Pride of the Zone surprised the Is with just how much of a game they gave them. Not quite the whitewash they were expecting! Oh and apologies to Dave and whoever else (wasn't sure who) it was that my son's mate fouled - bit over zealous!

Of course...I was just teasing

I would like to echo Number11's thanks but would also like to thank him as well for being part of a great team that helped pull this event off.

The Flying Scotsman will only ever be part of something if he can give his all, the idea of the event came from him. He mentioned it to me about 9 months ago, but we had originally wanted to a 24 hour event. Then in February he suggested the idea again, unfortunately due to council restrictions there is no where allowed to have their floodlights on all night, so the Sunrise to Sunset idea was decided the next best thing. SZFC setup a Fundrasing Committee that took the bull by the horns, led by TFS created a day that will live long in the memory, and for about a week in the muscles.

The auction prizes recieved some great bids, with Irate Ian picking up the signed England match ball, True Blue the limited addition poppy shirt and Christophe shirt from the Chelsea match, and deservedly the Flying Scotsman taking up Laurents shirt from the same match.

Actually it was me that got the Laurent shirt. I pipped Dickie to it. Flying Scotsman got the other shirt that was donated late in the day.

Last edited:
Back