• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Sunrise to Sunset Charity Match - We did it!

great day, although I feel like I've been 2 rounds with Pacquiao! A big thanks to everyone who organized it, they deserve massive respect for the amount that has apparently been raised!

To be honest, my save from the feee-kick was good, hey I'm 53 and not a goalie! Everything I have either aches or doesn't work!

Well done everyone on a great event and a truly outstanding amount of money raised! Unbelievable effort from the organisers, fundraisers and the guys who played right throughout the day.

I only played in the final game but I'm lying down now with my ankle in ice from turning it over (in the warm-up!!!) and I have two knees completely devoid of skin.

Nice to put some faces to a few more names yesterday too.

I am in pain all over today!! Very much worth it though!!

Very proud to be a member of a great club we have at SZFC. Well do to all involved, hope we are all enjoying a deserving relax today :D

I'd just like to add to Number 11's comments at the top of this thread, I'm glad the puds were well received - I enjoyed doing them, just if you're going to do one of these type of things in the future can it not coincide with me having a houseful of teenagers for a birthday party?!

Also wanted to remind you of the efforts of Mrs TFS, in providing you all with pasta salads, bowls of salad and various nibbles to complement the pizzas. She worked very hard on your behalf too.

Also wanted to remind you of the efforts of Mrs TFS, in providing you all with pasta salads, bowls of salad and various nibbles to complement the pizzas. She worked very hard on your behalf too.

Hear hear, excellent savouries which went down well. After 15 hours of footie it was a great carb overload. :)

Just to add to all the above a top effort all round and i was amazed at the amount raised. A big hats off to the players that played all day, it is a massive pitch and very unforgiving on feet, ankles and knees and that is without taking into consideration all the stopping and starting..well done chaps...:clap:

With the SZFC v SZ i think had Ken and Cricko been fit you would have seen a different game.....:whistling:.....It sort of all went down hill when the 1st goal which was offside was allowed to stand.....:p

Not that its any concellation but my ankle hurts like f*** today !

Last edited:
I hurt like hell all over, have a dirty big burn mark on my leg, but it was worth it.

I have to feel for the SZFC guys who played on and off for 15 odd hours. I know they are fit, but they must have gone through it yesterday and must be feeling in such pain today. To be so up the last game as well after all day was impressive, as was their movement etc, even though they were playing a hotch potch put together team, it was a good performance from them and I can see why they gained promotion.

Well done lads!

SZ.Com XI... you were fantastic!

Last edited:
Thanks to the SZ.com Superstar Footballers

I would like to thank all the lads who took part in the match against the ShrimperZone 1st team in the last game of the day. I was really impressed with the level of football played by a team who had never played together before, in fact quite a few hadn't been to the training sessions and didn't even know each other's names. It was a privilege to manage a team that showed dedication and were going to give it their best shot in a match that most people looked on as lambs to the slaughter.
I bet Sir AF or Arsene Wanger don't start their pre-match team talk with "and what position do you all play ?"
I would hate to think that the SZ.com XI team were pitted against the I's in an attempt to boost the goals scored by the various SZ football teams throughout the day but to only lose 8-1 against a side that beat a team in their division 19-1 (albeit we only played for 63 mins) was a massive achievement, even if the I's had played on and off all day.
I would like to thank RobM for his inspired keeping- he could teach Darryl a thing or two about coming off his line and his play on the field when he came out of goal was superb for someone who hadn't played for 13 years. Who could tell that davewebbsbrain's last match years ago for ShrimperZone FC ended with him breaking his leg ? He was outstanding at the back alongside Flinty who showed how he is still a top class player who could grace teams at a high level.
Big thanks to shrimp and 2 veg for showing us how , despite being a vet, that skill and endeavour can be shown after years of playing at a top level. After playing for an hour for the Ladies Tink's hubby Tony changed sex and displayed how he plays every Sunday for vets with non-stop commitment.
I really appreciated Southminster Shrimper's efforts considering he was carrying an injury from the previous week's training and hope we recovers soon. It was good to watch the youthful exhuberance and enthusiasm of The Steak, Big Shrimp Steve and Forever a Shrimper whose non-stop running made up for the older legs of some of the other guys, no doubt helped by Axe's ball control and ability to beat player after player after player with the ball stuck to his toe.
The goal was scored by Class, a class act who showed that David Crown isn't the only accountant who can play football, partnered up-top by our own South Bank Hank who represented the site owners as Cricko was injured and I declined to play as it was all a bit too quick for me -- anyone want to buy a pair of size 11 boots , unused I might add ? I hope Hank's knees mend soon --- the worst case of carpet burns to the knees I have ever seen.
I appreciated Carter's efforts as he had already played earlier and had been unsure all week if his injuries would clear up in time to play --- Carter you are wasted in Shoebury I know another team closer to home that may benefit from your help, and finally HBFC No1 who showed that, at 16, a good future is on the cards for a keeper who could play at a very high level ( if the Spartan League isn't high enough already ) and showed his skills on the pitch when Rob was in goal.

I thank you all.

I bet Sir AF or Arsene Wanger don't start their pre-match team talk with "and what position do you all play ?"

or make them stand against a fence in their positions so he can see who is playing where .......:D

well done Ken for you efforts in getting a team out and for the training days anyone would think you are looking for a career in management !!!

I really appreciated Southminster Shrimper's efforts considering he was carrying an injury from the previous week's training and hope we recovers soon. It was good to watch the youthful exhuberance and enthusiasm of The Steak, Big Shrimp Steve and Forever a Shrimper whose non-stop running made up for the older legs of some of the other guys, no doubt helped by Axe's ball control and ability to beat player after player after player with the ball stuck to his toe.

I thank you all.

...and you substituted me, why? Only joking, big guy. Hahaha. Was a little bit concerned when we picked up two injuries in the warm up though, didn't realise "pass around the circle" was quite so ferocious! Had a really great time out there and found out that Davewebbsbrain is actually a very nice bloke, contrary to my opinions a year ago!!! Thought we did well to hold the I's at bay for the first 15 minutes, even making a few dangerous attacks ourselves!

Although, was a bit disappointed that we didn't see yourself run out onto the pitch to head home from a dipping cross. As you described to me, you were getting ready to "...leap like a salmon from water, to beat the defender and ripple the net".

The ".com" team got off to a great start in our team meeting with someone suggesting the prolific formation of "3-5-1-2", step forward whoever that was! Had a good laugh out on the pitch, personally and you can see the team did as well. I think on a day where we weren't carrying a few knocks we could have really carved open the I's defence... Yeah, well we can hope.

Good to meet a lot of you guys.

Back