• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Super Franny Laurent

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
Is it just me or do I reckon he's going to be the dark horse of League 1 next season? I sure as hell hope so. I pray he can fill the void left by Theo when he goes, I love having our own version of Paulo Wanchope at Roots Hall...

Laurent really could go either way with us. He could become the top goalscorer for us, banging in 15-20 goals next season and going on to decent things, or I can see him drifting out of the English game altogether.

The guy is so hit and miss, which can be a positive as well as a negative. Just look to his performance at home to Leeds compared to his recent sub appearences, that tells you the difference in him.

I'm hoping it works out for him because I can see him being a big player next season for us. He has that X factor that special players, like Eastwood at us, have. Whenever he recieves the ball the crowd expects something to happen. Against Leeds, everything came off for him, his flicks, twists and turns the only thing that was missing was the goal. He has shown glimspes of this at Stamford Bridge against Ashley Cole and on Saturday he showed some good footwork and a trick to boot in front of the East Reds.

He is rightly being compared to the types of players like Kanu and Wanchope and he does seem to be the same build, height, and have the same skills as a footballer. One week his gonna rifle one in from 30 yards, then over weeks he will round the goalkeeper and send the shot wide. Just look at his miss against MK Dons.

This guy is going to make us laugh, cry, applaud, pull our hair out, and leave us speechless next season, probably all in one game. Its something we have to expect from him.

No its just you he will canter to 4 goals max next season before drifiting of to live the dream at Weymouth or somewhere similar.

Laurent pre-contract extension: Ooh La La
Laurent post-contract extension: Au Revoir

As I said in the Freedman thread, let's judge Laurent at the start of next season. He was brought back too soon, in my opinion, and has yet to fully recover from his injuries. He still doesn't look match-fit to me.

Looks decidedly hit or miss to me. Exciting start at the Blues and certainly sparked us up at Stamford Bridge and against Leeds - motivational problem maybe!?

He needs a run in the team. Hows the lad supposed to impress when he doesn't know where he stands?

He was given a contract extension by the management, that means they like him. Other players have been playing well and he's coming back from injury so he's had to start form the bench, so you need to make a good impact when you come on to reclaim your starting place. What's not to understand?

He's an up to date version of Tino Asprilla, the loon from the toon once described as being so unpredictable he's like a bag of snakes, never know what he's gonna do next......lol

Personally I like him and think it's very harsh to judge him when he's clearly not fully recovered from his injury.

I personally think that he's a legend in the making, probably score a hat trick against ColU next season including one in off his back side, become a hero and then vanish again.

As I said in the Freedman thread, let's judge Laurent at the start of next season. He was brought back too soon, in my opinion, and has yet to fully recover from his injuries. He still doesn't look match-fit to me.

Fully agreed. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that until 2 weeks ago or so, he was still carrying a bit of a limp.

He could go either way, but with a good support network at the club, he can be a hit. He'll get a full pre-season behind him, he'll have more time over the summer (when he doesn't go home) to settle in the area, he has his best mate here, and he'll get fully fit. I think he'll come good.

I think this bloke is the best thing since Eastwood, he brings something different to the team. When ive watched him defenders have real trouble marking him, compared to barny who seems easy.
Come next season i reckon this chap will really blossom in this league.

I think this bloke is the best thing since Eastwood, he brings something different to the team. When ive watched him defenders have real trouble marking him, compared to barny who seems easy.

Yes, I agree Scamps, he's sometimes completely unplayable because he's so unpredictable (and so unco-ordinated, but that's another issue!). Thought he posed a right challenge Saturday, Leicester didn't know what had hit them as he charged, like Bambi on ice, through their defence!

Spot on. He's gangly, he's awkward, he's clumsy, he's ridiculously agile and he is good with the ball at his feet. If he uses these assets correctly (down to the coaching staff to help him with that), he'll be a nightmare to play against.

Back