• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Somerset Ex-TTB

Members
Being a bit of a sad statto, I was looking at the stats on football365

We have conceded 1 goal in the last 15 minutes (including injury time) all season, whilst scoring 9 in this period.

Amazing!

seems to me that the last two or three seasons we conceeded lots of very late goals. However not being 'a sad statto' I'm talking from memory not facts

We have conceded 1 goal in the last 15 minutes (including injury time) all season, whilst scoring 9 in this period.

Amazing!

Thats an excellent stat. I agree our fitness and workrate all over the pitch is outstanding.

I also think our excellent ability to deal with and win high balls in both box's contribute to this stat as teams resort to putting plenty of high balls in late in the game especially in league 2.

good find
we seem to have a real desire now, EVERYONE is doing their best right up until the final whistle. Even if a player is having a mare they are still tracking back , we are defending as a team and long may it continue.

as an aside do you know how many goals we have conceeded through corners. It used to feel as though we conceeded all the time, now I can't remember the last one (but I do have a crap memory )

Yep. You can't fault their work ethic...

How long can it last though is the question?

I can see some injuries kicking in very soon indeed, unless we start rotating a bit more.

That's the problem Luggy has. Does he stick with the small group of 14/15 or so that have taken us on this great run, every game. Risking burnout. Or, does he rotate a bit, keep them a bit fresher but possibly disrupt our momentum.

Glad I'm not the manager.

I can see some injuries kicking in very soon indeed, unless we start rotating a bit more.

That's the problem Luggy has. Does he stick with the small group of 14/15 or so that have taken us on this great run, every game. Risking burnout. Or, does he rotate a bit, keep them a bit fresher but possibly disrupt our momentum.

You could ask him that at the Trust Q&A tonight!!

Amazing!

Very interesting Stat and does it coincide with the Fitness coach leaving? Is there a new person involved or did the last guy do such a good job those results are speaking volumes but will deteriorate if the new person isnt much cop?

All teams will have to deal with fatigue but we look far better equiped than most to deal with it with the likes of Harris, JJ, Sawyer, Grant, Mohsni, Prosser, Leonard, Sturrock and Coughlan all around the first XI able to come in when needed and try to keep their place.

Plus we've got a talented crop of kids, none of whom have really had a look in this season yet.

Plus we've got a talented crop of kids, none of whom have really had a look in this season yet.

Would be interested in hearing who in particular you think may be ready.

I wouldn't (and don't) pay too much attention to youth team results. Good youth team results would suggest a good team, whereas what you're actually after is good individuals. We did very well with Kane, but you don't get players of his quality too often - even from the best youth set ups - and from the glimpses I've seen of the likes of Woodyard and Bentley they weren't ready.

We wont have to resort to the kids, thats the difference between this season and last. Better first XI and better subs. Not a Herd or Woodyard in sight.

In most of the games i have watched we have battled the full 90mins and not took our eye of the ball
and we seem to play football for short periods of time by short i mean 2-3 maybe 5 mins then back to battling
the damage we have done in that short period tho is quite outstanding and has produced our goals in open play
and this is what our opposing teams cant deal with so far this year IMO and why the goals are coming from every position
SO its very very important to work hard so you get the right to play a bit of football.
Rotating a bit more, again IMO by bringing up the list JJ,Prosser and Sawyer etc for some games and not all at once , who have not had no matches at this level for some time and lets be honest no matter how they play in reserve football in an unsettled side good or bad is no reflection on there ability as a lot of our current first eleven would struggle to get the adrenaline UP for those kind of games so its difficult to impress,but without that rotation they at some time will be called upon just to slot in and then us fans moaning at them and not giving them a fair chance to stay in the side so i personally would feel we should be doing this right now so when the occasion arises we can still keep this fantastic momentum going.
Our general all round fitness tho is superb and even when players are not particularly playing well they are not hiding
but still competing and giving us an edge ,the rest of the season now promises to be eventfull either way it turns out
but i think we can be Champions with this squad as it is IMO.

seems to me that the last two or three seasons we conceeded lots of very late goals. However not being 'a sad statto' I'm talking from memory not facts

Agreed. It always seemed as though a couple of players had sneaked off to get first dibs at the showers ten minutes before everyone else. From memory it felt as though we lost most of our games at the last knockings.

Back