• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

When the SUFC fans do their bucket collection at RH next month a lot of money will be raised on the day.

I'm not so sure of that. It seems most people don't carry much cash these days.
True, but hopefully the older generation (of whom we have many) who may not have access to the internet and GoFundMe may see this as an opportunity to also contribute with 'real' money. This may explain why the number of donations is far less than the number of supporters who attend on matchday.

Not everyone is sad like me and scours SZ and FB for the latest news of the Blues.

True, but hopefully the older generation (of whom we have many) who may not have access to the internet and GoFundMe may see this as an opportunity to also contribute with 'real' money. This may explain why the number of donations is far less than the number of supporters who attend on matchday.

Not everyone is sad like me and scours SZ and FB for the latest news of the Blues.
True. But we are in a cost of living crisis and people are being asked to donate to a club run by an alleged multi millionaire.

It’s a hard sell.

I would support Shrimpers Trust future plan, if they do Bucket collection outside the stadium, especially on match day.

The staff have been magnificent. However by what the press release says. All our fund raising didn’t cover all the wages due for October.
God this poorly run club is on its knees.
Where is this so called bridging loan ? If it was coming it surely would have been here by now.
My personal view is that Ron has such a poor credit rating and cannot raise the necessary funds.

The staff have been magnificent. However by what the press release says. All our fund raising didn’t cover all the wages due for October.
Where is this so called bridging loan ? If it was coming it surely would have been here by now.
My personal view is that Ron has such a poor credit rating and cannot raise the necessary funds.
No idea. Time will tell. Seems like we are getting to a flash point. I thought the loan was meant to have arrived by November.

That’s £100,000 the club has had from the Trust, PG Site Services and the gofundme… and it’s still not enough to cover October staff salaries (outside the football department)… 😤☹️
100k is big bucks.
If all staff wages were not fully covered for October.
My question is have the fund’s gone to the most needy first and has all of the 100k gone to the staff ?

That’s £100,000 the club has had from the Trust, PG Site Services and the gofundme… and it’s still not enough to cover October staff salaries (outside the football department)… 😤☹️
Correct. Just shows how much RM and group companies are underfunding right now.

100k is big bucks.
If all staff wages were not fully covered for October.
My question is have the fund’s gone to the most needy first and has all of the 100k gone to the staff ?
I cannot speak for where The Trust or PG's went but when the GFM was just up and running last week we were told the non playing staff wages were about 23k short. That is what we were hoping to meet but when sending the monies over today we never quite met that total.

We could of held on of course to hopefully reach the total before sending the money but we just wanted to get it across so the unpaid staff could get some money due in Oct.

It is pay day again next week so if RM does not get his finger out re this apparent loan coming in (if it does) we will certainly be up **** creek without a paddle.

"WEEKS AWAY" I'm sure ! Realistically from what I've read on here it won't be until Jan at the very earliest, but April is I believe worst case!

I cannot speak for where The Trust or PG's went but when the GFM was just up and running last week we were told the non playing staff wages were about 23k short. That is what we were hoping to meet but when sending the monies over today we never quite met that total.

We could of held on of course to hopefully reach the total before sending the money but we just wanted to get it across so the unpaid staff could get some money due in Oct.

It is pay day again next week so if RM does not get his finger out re this apparent loan coming in (if it does) we will certainly be up **** creek without a paddle.
We will need to do another fundraiser. We have to try everything. Would help to have some more high profile support.

"WEEKS AWAY" I'm sure ! Realistically from what I've read on here it won't be until Jan at the very earliest, but April is I believe worst case!
Blimey. The club website made it out or would arrive by mid Nov at the latest. Going to need huge fund raising efforts. It’s a shame no mega star etc supports the club as they could put out some publicity or chip in themselves.

Back