• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

So much for the ring fenced 1st team budget! Hopefully just an admin blip, but looking unlikely

There's a lot of supposition and rumour on this so far. The word from Tom Lawrence was that the first team squad were being paid on time and there was no need for any fire sale. As it's only the first of December and one post has implied that the players will be paid, then we are where we were before the Go fund Me exercise.

I'm not, for a minute, supporting Ron's involvement in any of our ongoing financial nightmare, but it would be wrong, at this stage, to think the first teamers hadn't been paid.

There's a lot of supposition and rumour on this so far. The word from Tom Lawrence was that the first team squad were being paid on time and there was no need for any fire sale. As it's only the first of December and one post has implied that the players will be paid, then we are where we were before the Go fund Me exercise.

I'm not, for a minute, supporting Ron's involvement in any of our ongoing financial nightmare, but it would be wrong, at this stage, to think the first teamers hadn't been paid.
And indeed, Chris Phillips has just confirmed it.

Absolutely right, but it's bad enough on the non- playing front without getting hot under the collar over stuff that hasn't happened (yet!).
What do you mean hasn’t happened yet? The players meant to get paid Wednesday and instead got paid 24hrs later, therefore must of been some issue. I am sure it would of been Ron moving funds around inbetween accounts and not having the players wages in the right one by a certain time.

Now paid.

But….. for monies that were supposedly ringfenced this is hugely worrying and needs answering.
I'm not sure where this idea of "ringfenced" comes from when it comes to the players' wages. The club's cash reserves have been steadily dwindling month-to-month. Up until now there has been enough money there to pay the first team's basic salaries, even if other club employees have missed out. Yesterday that caught up with the club and there wasn't enough money there to pay anyone at all.

So the players have been payed I beleve today is the 1st of december so i guess the players have been payed for all of december . It is now up to Ron to get the funds in place before january .So this does not happen again .

I'm not sure where this idea of "ringfenced" comes from when it comes to the players' wages. The club's cash reserves have been steadily dwindling month-to-month. Up until now there has been enough money there to pay the first team's basic salaries, even if other club employees have missed out. Yesterday that caught up with the club and there wasn't enough money there to pay anyone at all.
Chinese whispers probably, but am sure someone on here had heard from
Tom L that this was the case.

I am not sure when this supposed bridging loan was due to come in, 2 weeks wasn't it when it was first mentioned a month or so ago? Surely by now it would of been sorted one way or the other so people can get paid.

Sounds like the normal waffle and bollocks from RM whilst he treats everybody like mushrooms.
Weeks not months is what actually said so strictly not more than 8 weeks…

Back