• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

I think ring-fenced means the first thing that gets paid before everything else- probably Ron’s monthly injection is supposed to come just before pay day- if it’s a day late clearing then so is the pay- hand to mouth but in theory there’s always money to pay the players if not everything else…,

The players have been payed all be it a day late .I wirked for a very big cleaning company that had thousends of staff .And many were payed days late Or payed short wages .Yes i moaned as many did but we gust got on with it a things got sorted out after time .

The players have been payed all be it a day late .I wirked for a very big cleaning company that had thousends of staff .And many were payed days late Or payed short wages .Yes i moaned as many did but we gust got on with it a things got sorted out after time .
Got sorted out after time ? Really ! The club we all love is on it's knees financially. How can you justify how this guy is runnng the club ?

So the players have been payed I beleve today is the 1st of december so i guess the players have been payed for all of december . It is now up to Ron to get the funds in place before january .So this does not happen again .
Today is November's wages

December's will be a worry with only 4 games at Home

Got sorted out after time ? Really ! The club we all love is on it's knees financially. How can you justify how this guy is runnng the club ?
Sadly because he owns everything lock stock and barrel .And we all know he wont except help and he wont budge .Its said on hear he will let the club go under .I dont know if he will why spend millons on a new training ground only to let the club fold .It just dont aidd up .

There's a lot of supposition and rumour on this so far. The word from Tom Lawrence was that the first team squad were being paid on time and there was no need for any fire sale. As it's only the first of December and one post has implied that the players will be paid, then we are where we were before the Go fund Me exercise.

I'm not, for a minute, supporting Ron's involvement in any of our ongoing financial nightmare, but it would be wrong, at this stage, to think the first teamers hadn't been paid.
Weeks not months is what actually said so strictly not more than 8 weeks…
4 weeks in a month ?🤨🤨🤨🤨

Sadly because he owns everything lock stock and barrel .And we all know he wont except help and he wont budge .Its said on hear he will let the club go under .I dont know if he will why spend millons on a new training ground only to let the club fold .It just dont aidd up .
Couldn't the funds used have just been raised from the assets he bought that have risen in value ?

Ron's statement 1st October 2022

Chairman Ron Martin has issued the following statement.

I want to take this opportunity to address our committed fans on the recent financial developments this week. I share and understand your frustrations and hope the below gives some insight into our position.

The latest problem has arisen due to a delay in the programme. As result of this issue, we missed a payment under our Time To Pay Agreement with HMRC. This is the agreement we entered into (like many other clubs) following the pandemic, instead of taking a loan from the Premier League. Up to August, the Club, with the support of the group met the debt payments under the agreement.

HMRC have now cancelled the Time to Pay Agreement, which, given the current economic climate I believe to be premature, particularly given the agreement was due to finish in December 2022.

Bridging finance has been agreed, but has not yet been completed. Once it has (weeks not months) we will discharge the HMRC debt in full.

On the pitch the performances have been encouraging, behind the scenes the staff continue to work hard and the supporters have been great both home & away this season. The finances will be resolved soon, at which point we can continue on our upward trajectory.

Let’s get behind the boys today.

Ron

Link

I make that nine weeks Ron which is over 2 months. :Scared:

So…the HMRC debt is still outstanding, pending the mythical bridging loan. Does anyone know what period the debt relates to? Presumably we have several months of unpaid PAYE and VAT since then which aren’t wrapped up in the specific debt that they took us to the wonder’s court over, and which have just added to the stack. Plus two more months’ worth, since the adjournment in November.

The only glimmer of hope is that HMRC and/or the court must have seen something credible enough in November to give them the comfort to adjourn for 8 weeks. It’s unlikely they’d have done this on a wing and a prayer - otherwise they’re just letting us rack up 2 more months of debt to the Treasury, not to mention other creditors, which will go unpaid.

So what was this evidence that was so compelling?

Ron's statement 1st October 2022
Chairman Ron Martin has issued the following statement.
Bridging finance has been agreed, but has not yet been completed. Once it has (weeks not months) we will discharge the HMRC debt in full

I make that nine weeks Ron which is over 2 months. :Scared:
And since that statement,( which was probably drafted for him ) the silence is deafening??.You'd like to think that after us fans donated money to help the club's cash flow, he would have had the decency to give a 'thank you' & an update on the dire situation?.
His morals & ethics are lower than a snakes belly?.
Doe's anyone see him where-ever during the week, or doe's he stay rooted in his home 24/7?.

December wages are also paid before Christmas so Ron only has three weeks to get funding in place before the next payroll is due. It'd be a particulary scummy thing to do to not pay staff before Christmas but with our chairman...
Three games at home before Christmas

12:30 v Altrincham - won't be a big crowd
Tuesday Night v Halifax - won't be a big crowd
FA Trophy v Boreham Wood - won't be a big crowd

Three games at home before Christmas

12:30 v Altrincham - won't be a big crowd
Tuesday Night v Halifax - won't be a big crowd
FA Trophy v Boreham Wood - won't be a big crowd
Their not exactly the most attractive fixtures for a floating fan or prem fan looking to get his football fix plus off field issues won't help either. Bleak Xmas ahead unfortunately.

Chinese whispers probably, but am sure someone on here had heard from
Tom L that this was the case.
Yep. Somebody misunderstood, I think. Or Tom misexplained. Nothing was ringfenced. Players salaries were protected insofar as there has just about been enough money in the club's bank account to pay them up until now, and they were prioritised above the salaries of other club employees. Yesterday the well ran dry and nobody could be paid.

Yep. Somebody misunderstood, I think. Or Tom misexplained. Nothing was ringfenced. Players salaries were protected insofar as there has just about been enough money in the club's bank account to pay them up until now, and they were prioritised above the salaries of other club employees. Yesterday the well ran dry and nobody could be paid.
I do wonder how long until Tom patience finally runs out and ends up leaving..... must be pretty miserable being CEO of a skint club who staff/players are paid late or not paid. He must be thinking what the **** am I doing here.

Back