• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

Please people; this is my Blackpool v Southend situation comparison using a local housing scenario.

Blackpool; getting rid of a scummy slum landlord in York Road
Southend; sorting out the scummy drug infested, urine soaked tower blocks off Queensway

Simply put, somethings are similar but our issues are hugely more complicated and larger scale.
That comparison is lost on me, obviously.

This is all about regime change, ultimately, isn't it? And the issues that are inhibiting you are mainly about the fan base, actually. By which I mean that not enough of you are convinced by the case for change, not enough of you want to give it a go and those that do don't seem agreed upon any particular course of action and / or agreed objectives.

That comparison is lost on me, obviously.

This is all about regime change, ultimately, isn't it? And the issues that are inhibiting you are mainly about the fan base, actually. By which I mean that not enough of you are convinced by the case for change, not enough of you want to give it a go and those that do don't seem agreed upon any particular course of action and / or agreed objectives.
For many it is absolutely all and only about regime change, at any cost.

I think the major difference between us and Blackpool is that your owner simply took all the money out of the club (amongst other things as well, but I think that was the big problem) whereas our owner can't put enough in.

Getting rid of your owner enabled your club to grow and start to get back where it was. Getting rid of ours at this stage will almost certainly kill the club in its present form and we will have to start again at the bottom level. There are just as many fans (more, I suspect) that DON'T want the club to go down that route than do.

And therein lies the problem, which is described by many as apathy. It isn't; it's resigned acceptance and an awful lot of hope that the situation will resolve itself and we will be better because of it.

For many it is absolutely all and only about regime change, at any cost.

I think the major difference between us and Blackpool is that your owner simply took all the money out of the club (amongst other things as well, but I think that was the big problem) whereas our owner can't put enough in.

Getting rid of your owner enabled your club to grow and start to get back where it was. Getting rid of ours at this stage will almost certainly kill the club in its present form and we will have to start again at the bottom level. There are just as many fans (more, I suspect) that DON'T want the club to go down that route than do.

And therein lies the problem, which is described by many as apathy. It isn't; it's resigned acceptance and an awful lot of hope that the situation will resolve itself and we will be better because of it.
That's a good response, I hadn't thought about it in quite that way before.

That said, your owner wants it all his own way, doesn't he? From where I stand his willingness to invest in the club seems conditional upon there being something (millions of pounds, probably) in it for him.

That suggests to me that he is unlikely to ever act wholly in the interests of the club, which makes him a very dubious custodian for it. And his recent record, in terms of results on the pitch, treatment of staff, communication with supporters and complying with his legal obligations is atrocious.

You are in a difficult spot, which is why I suggested you need to think about shifting the paradigm in some ways. Which takes me back to the list I compiled the other day. Pressure needs to be brought to bear either directly upon RM or indirectly via third parties, like the council. They seem to me to be very passive in all this, but I obviously don't know all the facts.

A question I would like to ask of all of you is - how would you feel if you weren't in play-off contention? You are only a few poor results away from lower mid-table, given how compressed the league is. If this campaign suddenly started looking not much better than the last one turned out, would that harden your views?

This whole thread saddens me. Lots of passion, lots of anger, but also a lot of fatalistic hand-wringing as well.

If the majority are right - and the Chairman ain't for leaving - have you thought about going round and above him? You could :

1. Lobby HMRC about what their strategy is, what their standards are around tax compliance and what the status of the club is in their eyes.

2. Lobby the National League about what they see as the circumstances in which they might further intervene, why they haven't done more already and contrast what they HAVE done with the actions of the EFL , if you can find a case where they have been recently proactive. Use the Crouch "vision" for modern, enlightened regulation as a standard to judge them against.

3. There is a Government White Paper coming in a matter of weeks - when you see what is in it, perhaps ask DCMS to you use as a test case of whatever shadow regulatory work they have planned in advance of legislation.

4. Go after the one organisation that RM does care about - the local council. Bombard them with FOI requests about the FF development, ask awkward questions about the money trail, maybe do what Charlton did and form a political party to contest the local elections. Keep at it, using what you learn to ask for even more.

5. The above in particular will get media attention ; ask your MPs to petition for adjournment debates, file early day motions, speak about the club in the Parliamentary stages of any Bill that might emerge from the next King's Speech. They will all want to be seen to be on the side of progressive reform, with a GE around the corner.

We appear to be on the cusp of major reform, so there has never been a better time to be making a thorough nuisance of yourselves. I guarantee you won't make the most of the opportunities coming if you don't organise yourselves in advance.
Good luck getting Anna Firth or James Duddridge to care about Southend at all

A suggestion, why don't people who want to demonstrate actually do it and not keep on talking about it? 79 pages and still going on. Do something about it and stop moaning or are you all full of hot air and no backbone?

A suggestion, why don't people who want to demonstrate actually do it and not keep on talking about it? 79 pages and still going on. Do something about it and stop moaning or are you all full of hot air and no backbone?
Or it's a forum where people normally discuss and talk about topics...

Putting the striking off question to one side this is an example of exactly how he treats and speaks to supporters
Acts like we should be eternally grateful that we still have a club, even if it is a rotting, underachieving, tax-doging, non-paying, non-league corpse of a club.

It appears he will verbally abuse anyone that expects anything more than that for SUFC.

Other than the fact the striking off part was actually wrong, no matter who he speaks to, he'll always be the same, rude and just doesn't care about anyone.
Yeah hence why I said put that to one side, he’s a football club owner he really needs to have some respect for fans. Some may not care about that but a clubs reputation is important in my eyes

People having a laugh 😂 turned up at his house giving it large, with incorrect information and get upset if he gives it back a few times.

People are strange sometime, call him every name under the sun and say some other distasteful stuff and then cry if something is given back out.

People having a laugh 😂 turned up at his house giving it large, with incorrect information and get upset if he gives it back a few times.

People are strange sometime, call him every name under the sun and say some other distasteful stuff and then cry if something is given back out.
No fans just expect to have an owner who is professional that’s all but instead we are stuck with this clown

Back