• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

Tom said we're losing £2million a year. That means we could get rid of all the playing staff and still be losing around £500k per year.

Remarkable and just goes to show what an unsustainable business that lower league football clubs are.

There are a lot of add ons with players. Accommodation overnight stays and well paid (for non league) coaches etc.

There was a proposal for 5 divisions of 20 clubs. 4 and 5 would be regional with extra funding from the PL money to make up for the lost league games.

No Tuesdays league games. Less mid table nothing to play for games. Trips to Col U instead of Gateshead would mean more money. Which would lower the now almost impossible jump from L1 to Championship for smaller clubs.

The alternative is to pay players less at every level and there would never be any financial problems in football.

There are a lot of add ons with players. Accommodation overnight stays and well paid (for non league) coaches etc.

There was a proposal for 5 divisions of 20 clubs. 4 and 5 would be regional with extra funding from the PL money to make up for the lost league games.

No Tuesdays league games. Less mid table nothing to play for games. Trips to Col U instead of Gateshead would mean more money. Which would lower the now almost impossible jump from L1 to Championship for smaller clubs.

The alternative is to pay players less at every level and there would never be any financial problems in football.
Players who move like Slugs on the field would run very fast to complain.

Sounds good till u get to the final para

Reactions: fbm
Nothing changes much !!!

an old one I know, but quite ironic given the dubious web spun around our finances View attachment 23278
Finances up the Swannee ✅
Inverse alchemist as Chairman ✅
Fans with genuine humour as well as determination to raise questions ✅
Dean Austin, Peter Butler, Brett Angell ❌
League status ❌

The comparison started so well! Still, we’ve got the Kevoluciòn now and that will bring bucket loads of success and pleasure along the way if it’s given the chance.

It keeps going up, great work everyone. :Clap:

£20,180 raised of £25,000 goal

Yet we were still under embargoes in L2, I'd be interested to know how much difference there is in match day revenue between the leagues
It's not the match day revenue. Its the money from the EFL as opposed to the money from the NL.

Would we generate more money in L2? Sure there would be increased tv income but we would have to improve the squad to stay up

I’m going off topic, (in fact I wanted to start a brand new thread for this discussion, but I also don’t want to jinx the run we’re on) so apologies for derailing again, but I’ve been thinking about this issue for a few weeks now. Just how good would our squad be in Lg2, right now?

I think we’d be strong enough to avoid relegation, but probably lacking firepower to challenge in the top half. Lower/mid table maybe?

The good news is, we have a young squad who most won’t have hit their prime yet. A few quality additions and I don’t think we’re too far off being a competitive Lg2 team, at all.

It keeps going up, great work everyone. :Clap:

£20,180 raised of £25,000 goal

That is brilliant and with a good weekend of donations we will be able to just about cover the late payments of non playing staff for October.

Lucky November pay day is so far away. 🙄

Well done people.

Last edited:
That is brilliant and with a good weekend of donations we will be able to just about cover the late payments of non playing staff for October.

Lucky November pay day is so far away. 🙄

Well done people.
Apologies if I have missed it, but.....

Do we know just how much of October's wages (and indeed September's?) remains unpaid?

Thanks Cricko

Tom said we're losing £2million a year. That means we could get rid of all the playing staff and still be losing around £500k per year.

Remarkable and just goes to show what an unsustainable business that lower league football clubs are.

How much is on costs and interest on loans to Ron's companies (artificial debt creation)?

Back