• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
At our Trust Committee meeting held on Monday 1st September, supporter engagement and specifically how the Trust interacts with other Southend United supporter groups was discussed at length.

Firstly we would like to acknowledge that we do not have all the answers and understand that there will never be total agreement on all SUFC matters between supporters. However it is clear that we do all have one common objective – IE to help Southend United achieve success and it of course makes sense that as supporters we work together to this aim.

The Trust is genuinely seeking to create positive links with all supporters and we see having effective working relationships with other supporter groups as being key.

Building on our discussions at the meeting on Monday we do have a number of suggestions that we feel we can bring to the table at this time.

Once we have had an opportunity to give these proposals some further thought we would be very keen to share these suggestions with other Southend United supporter groups.

We will therefore be in touch very shortly and look forward to working with everyone so together we can move this initiative forward.

Kind Regards

Paul

Paul FitzGerald
Trust Chairman
pfitz666@aol.com

Regardless of what can be achieved going forward , this message is just what was required.
Very positive and a great move by the Trust.

Regardless of what can be achieved going forward , this message is just what was required.

Positive for sure .... but not quite as great as if they hadn't had their hand forced.

Lets not bash them over the head with the same old stick when they are making the effort.

Takes everyone to make the effort.

Exactly this.

...one common objective – IE to help Southend United achieve success

...makes sense that as supporters we work together to this aim

...genuinely seeking to create positive links with all supporters

...we see having effective working relationships with other supporter groups as being key

...we do have a number of suggestions that we feel we can bring to the table at this time.

...We will therefore be in touch very shortly and look forward to working with everyone so together we can move this initiative forward.

Soapbox mode on

For me, it's pretty clear the Trust are listening and responding to feedback. If they're keen to engage with the supporters as part of a solution, then it's up to us to give them our support and engage with them back. Make no mistake - fan engagement is going to take considerable further effort from a small group of people who already give up their time to make a difference. Whether or not you think they're doing enough, we don't need jibes about hands being forced or otherwise. We need to listen to what's being said and offer either support or constructive feedback as required.

Bottom line, if we're expecting the Trust to deliver anything, we need to see how WE can help, not hinder.

Soapbox mode off

At our Trust Committee meeting held on Monday 1st September, supporter engagement and specifically how the Trust interacts with other Southend United supporter groups was discussed at length.

Firstly we would like to acknowledge that we do not have all the answers and understand that there will never be total agreement on all SUFC matters between supporters. However it is clear that we do all have one common objective – IE to help Southend United achieve success and it of course makes sense that as supporters we work together to this aim.

The Trust is genuinely seeking to create positive links with all supporters and we see having effective working relationships with other supporter groups as being key.

Building on our discussions at the meeting on Monday we do have a number of suggestions that we feel we can bring to the table at this time.

Once we have had an opportunity to give these proposals some further thought we would be very keen to share these suggestions with other Southend United supporter groups.

We will therefore be in touch very shortly and look forward to working with everyone so together we can move this initiative forward.

Kind Regards

Paul

Paul FitzGerald
Trust Chairman
pfitz666@aol.com
Perfect response to this week's discussions on here imo

Anything that can bring all the supporters together is the way forward

So I they take a positive step and I should knock them for that?

Obsessed with me on here aren't you?! Then again your only human

Lets not get into squabbles over it.

TB has criticised the trust in the past yet is embracing their latest approach. Is that changing his tune? Well probably, but surely in a change of approach from the trust he is going to react in a different manner to them, and surely that is the whole point.

It would be pretty pathetic if he accused them of not being open enough and engaging with the Zone and fans and when they make an attempt to do so to keep having a go.

we don't need jibes about hands being forced or otherwise.

I think that was my phraseology and it wasn't a "jibe"; merely tempering the "great move by Trust" comment and at the same time agreeing it was positive.

Would the Trust have made this "great move" if TrueBlue hadn't "rattled their cage" ?

But he did and they did, so that's good. Onwards and upwards.

Kind Regards

Paul

Paul FitzGerald
Trust Chairman
pfitz666@aol.com

Thus far I have not overly involved myself in this debate but I was wondering why the Trust has identified certain points to bring to supporters groups but wishes to discuss them further internally before sharing. Call me old fashioned but I always thought that improved communication was a two way street and if the Trust were to reveal the suggestions they may actually get some intelligent feedback that would help the Trust when it comes to debating the points further. Just a thought.

Thus far I have not overly involved myself in this debate but I was wondering why the Trust has identified certain points to bring to supporters groups but wishes to discuss them further internally before sharing. Call me old fashioned but I always thought that improved communication was a two way street and if the Trust were to reveal the suggestions they may actually get some intelligent feedback that would help the Trust when it comes to debating the points further. Just a thought.

Rab- they really cant win can they. In your day job if you had an idea would take it straight to your boss before thinking it through or would you give it some proper thought first ? I know I wouldn't take a half arsed idea forward that looked good on the surface but a little bit more investigation showed it was totally flawed

Rab- they really cant win can they. In your day job if you had an idea would take it straight to your boss before thinking it through or would you give it some proper thought first ? I know I wouldn't take a half arsed idea forward that looked good on the surface but a little bit more investigation showed it was totally flawed

Your opinion. However, as I read it, they had identified points to share. My point is if they share it now it can engender greater involvement from non-trust members who may even appreciate inclusion and join the Trust. If some of the ideas are half-baked, so what? At least they are thrown out there.

In the article they point out how few they are. Share and you may grow.

Back