• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Event Supporters Forum and Phil Brown/Steve Kavanagh Q&A - Monday 12th October 2015

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
The Shrimpers Trust will be hosting a Supporters Forum on Monday 12th October when you will get a chance to ask questions of SUFC Manager Phil Brown.

Trust Chairman Paul FitzGerald and United's CEO Steve Kavanagh will also be on hand to answer any questions you may have about the Trust and Southend United.

The Forum will be held in the Blues Lounge, Roots Hall on Monday 12th October 2015. Doors open at 7.00pm with the event starting at 7.30pm prompt.

Admission is free of charge, and is open to Members and Non-members of the Trust.

Further details can be found here.

Good to see another Q&A put on.

My concern though is that difficult questions (finances/stadium etc) will just again be swerved by SK and plonked in the RM pile. The whole saga surrounding the stadium/sainsbury is beyond a joke now and it is about time some serious weight from the fans/trust was applied to those at the top regarding this.

Is it possible for the Trust to organise a Q&A with Mr Elusive himself?

Let's hope that 1st team performances improve before the Q & A, otherwise Phil Brown won't get the easy ride he got last year!!.

Good to see another Q&A put on.

My concern though is that difficult questions (finances/stadium etc) will just again be swerved by SK and plonked in the RM pile. The whole saga surrounding the stadium/sainsbury is beyond a joke now and it is about time some serious weight from the fans/trust was applied to those at the top regarding this.

Is it possible for the Trust to organise a Q&A with Mr Elusive himself?
yep your right, I went to the last one and won't be going to the next as the stuff you want to no has to come from Ron Martin or it's a waste of time:unsure:

There were about 40 people there, many of them the usual kind of suspects! Fitz invited Steve to address those in attendance on the stadium plans to start with and to answer some questions, before Phil was invited to take questions. I suppose one of the most important things for some here who had been moaning, is that the exhibiton on Saturday 24th has been opened up from 10 a.m. to allow those going to Gillingham to have a look before they go.

The involvement of British Land is seen as a hugely positive thing, they obviously have a wealth of experience. Their architects will be available at the exhibition to answer questions from supporters.

Councillors continue to raise the old favourite issue of "The High Street" as a stumbling block, but the High Street has been in decline for decades and it is important that supporters get behind the new plans and convey this to the Council. The stadium will help "grow the town", not hurt it as some Councillors feel. Transport links will be an issue for many, but will obviously be looked into.

Sainsbury's haven't "gone away", they are still involved at some level but Steve didn't know what their plans are now for the RH site as a whole. He was asked if he thought it likely the Government would call the plans in again, and while he stressed he didn't know for sure, he felt that the reasons behind this happening last time had been accounted for, or already resolved, in the revised plans. He was also asked if the new ground would be four sided, which he replied yes, it would be, according to the plans already on view.

Phil was asked a variety of questions, including explaining very clearly why John White was captain. He also spoke in length about Barry Corr and his move to Cambridge. I will give others the opportunity to answer further on what Phil said, as I had taken notes on Steve's comments, I felt at liberty to answer best on those.

Last edited:
Thanks OBL, it sounded very positive. I think the issue of FF versus the High street still has a way to run though.

Back