• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Supporters Group Meeting with Ron Martin and Tom Lawrence - 3rd June 2021

10 minutes in and struggling to hear Tom. Presume its a work laptop. Computing power of a calculator

Much better from 13 minutes onwards. New CEO multi tasking already, although may need to change his zoom name. I know how he feels. Had to use Zoom and mine appeared as Mrs C

Last edited:
Well done to everyone involved in setting up and participating in these meetings , which are very helpful for fans and greatly appreciated.
My only slight issue with this meeting is that Ron rather dominated the chat from the clubs side when I was hoping he would let Tom take more of the lead.
Didn't get the impression it was deliberate though and as he won't be attending all of them going forward , hopefully the CEO will be the main focal point in the future.
Once again though , well done and thank you.

One interesting comment from Ron was about a player we are hoping to sign who didn't turn up yesterday. Or his agent. Wonder who the player is and indeed if it is a name that we are aware of.

If anyone who watches it fancies putting together a bulleted (bonus for timestamped) overview I'm sure many zoners would appreciate that.

Well done to everyone involved in setting up and participating in these meetings , which are very helpful for fans and greatly appreciated.
My only slight issue with this meeting is that Ron rather dominated the chat from the clubs side when I was hoping he would let Tom take more of the lead.
Didn't get the impression it was deliberate though and as he won't be attending all of them going forward , hopefully the CEO will be the main focal point in the future.
Once again though , well done and thank you.
I think it's understandable that Ron took the lead from the ub's point of view given Tom is still a few days in to the job and still finding his feet.

I think it's understandable that Ron took the lead from the ub's point of view given Tom is still a few days in to the job and still finding his feet.

Yeah , I understand and agree with your point and didn't see it as deliberate , but I think he did say that he would let Tom speak , but didn't really follow that through....... I'm sure it will be more of Tom going forward.

Any chance someone could put up who all the people are and who they represent doing a left to right on the opening you tube screen. I know a few of them. Thanks

Just finished listening to that whilst driving, a very good meeting and seemed pretty positive. My big take away is that players have signed but we can't announce them yet due to league regulations.

Slightly disappointed on streaming but I guess I'll have to get clearance from the long haired dictator to spend some saturdays driving to and from the hall

I thought it was a very encouraging start and in a way, Ron's statement that he will not attend every meeting a show of maybe him being able to loosen the reigns a bit and Becky, err Tom, being able to have time to give an appraisal of progress on the efforts of the football club to move forward on an administrative and with Ricky's input, the footballing front.

Already at this early stage a much better degree of professionalism seems to be forthcoming.

I'm going to be honest and say I was slightly disappointed by the latest zoom call...... the new CEO didn't really get a chance to speak which was slightly disappointing! Would of liked to heard lot more from him.

Couple of interesting points i took from it were...... the player who was supposed to turn up and negotiate a deal but didn't turn up (hoping its dunne) and North Bank for home fans.

Hopefully the next zoom call will be just new CEO and not ron.

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest and say I was slightly disappointed by the latest zoom call...... the new CEO didn't really get a chance to speak which was slightly disappointing! Would of liked to heard lot more from him.

Couple of interesting points i took from it were...... the player who was supposed to turn up and negotiate a deal but didn't turn up (hoping its dunne) and North Bank for home fans.

Hopefully the next zoom call will be just new CEO and not ron.

Why do you hope it's Dunne? What do you actually know about him outside of what a couple of Barnet fans who have, much like us I guess, become bitter and twisted as a result of their poor performances on the pitch (only really saved from relegation to National League South by the curtailment of the season at non-league Step 2)?

If he joins, I'll be making my own judgement.

Back