• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Supporters Group Statement and Q&A meeting with Ron Martin and Tom Lawrence. 28/03/2023

I don’t get it.

If I remember correctly we were told that ”significant capital” was injected in to the club at the same time we paid off HMRC under the petition - so are we saying that none of this capital was used (if it existed) to pay off salaries owed from 2 months prior?

…and now we’re being told that these monies still can’t be paid off until we buy season tickets?

Putting it on the fans?

Are they having a laugh?

Well done to everyone in the various supporters groups for organising the Q and A meeting and for comprehensive report.
A lot to digest here but my first thought is a worry that enough income will come into the club over the next few months. A very precarious financial situation.
Anyone reading the answers will quickly realise that this is an organisation trading while insolvent and seemingly near deaths door.
We need a new owner very, very soon.

I don’t get it.

If I remember correctly we were told that ”significant capital” was injected in to the club at the same time we paid off HMRC under the petition - so are we saying that none of this capital was used (if it existed) to pay off salaries owed from 2 months prior?

…and now we’re being told that these monies still can’t be paid off until we buy season tickets?

Putting it on the fans?

Are they having a laugh?
Yes

Funny how desperate the club are for the season ticket money now, isn’t it.
Won’t it all be our fault if we don’t purchase and things go tits up.

The Club is always desperate for season ticket money. It’s the bulk of what keeps us going that doesn’t come from “group companies”.

Didn't take long to get to the emotional blackmail, did it? First sentence of the first answer to the first question.

Like one of the earlier posters, I'm struggling to see where all this bridging finance has gone if the club is already in a position where it can't pay outstanding wages. It can't have all gone to HMRC, can it? And if not, where is the rest of it?

He more or less admits that the club is not currently sustainable - by him - without a big injection of funds - from you. In return for which you are being offered some vague assurances, plus the chance to clean up Rootes Hall in your spare time.

You shouldn't be placed in this position, and I can't believe that that the National League will be anything other than very concerned when they read that.

Last edited:
Interesting that there are no current talks ongoing with potential buyers. The amount if times people have said they know of potential buyers when the club wasn't for sale.

It’s a pity no question was asked whether March’s salaries will be paid on time (not that we’d like the answer) but this is the most clarity about the club’s future we’ve had in a long time. Well done all involved.

Let’s hope a purchaser is found sooner rather than later. Ron is obviously desperate to off load it to the first person who can pay the rent. As expected he’ll write off the debt and make his money from the stadium: either as a sale (£20m) or rent (£300k a year).

I was intrigued by the "huge bar in the west stand". I presume this has nothing to do with the concessions as you enter the stand and may be going in the space marked as "void" on the plans for the mezzanine floor. I'm not sure how fitting out a bar costs but I'm sure we have experts out there. I would have liked confirmation that all the income from concessions and restaurants in the West, South and East stands comes to the club. Maybe it was mentioned and I've missed it

The Club is always desperate for season ticket money. It’s the bulk of what keeps us going that doesn’t come from “group companies”.
Season tickets are the only lever we have over Ron, do we let him carry on as normal.
What a dastardly thing to do, saying that the season ticket money will be used to back pay employees.
So if we don’t buy season tickets, staff won’t get paid. That’s blackmail.

Last edited:
I don’t get it.

Putting it on the fans?

Are they having a laugh?

Significant capital but even more significant debts.

Buy your season tickets to lift the embargo is that what he’s saying ….🤦🏻‍♂️

Yes, any business is going to struggle if their customers stop buying.

What did people think the effect of boycotting season cards would be?

I supported the boycott in order to get some clarity on the future but it was always a short term play to bring Ron to the table.

We’re obviously screwed but that was obvious before. What we now know is our route out which is Jez Moxey finding a buyer by this summer.

Well done to ST for getting this done. I’m 💯 sure that the meeting wouldn’t have taken place if the revolt over season tickets hasn’t surfaced.

Basically, there’s no end insight regarding this continuous robbing Peter to pay Paul situation but I’m not really surprised.

I’m almost expecting RM to announce pre season he’s putting the club into administration because season ticket sales were so low we couldn’t carry on.

However, there’s nothing RM has said that re assures me everything is under control 🤦‍♂️.

Back