• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Supporters Group Zoom Meeting 15th July 2021

Do the Saturday games being blacked out count for ALL national league teams or can they offer them if they want to?

Basically does this mean NO away games will be streamed this season?
It looks like this is at the FA level rather than club or league level, the FA are enforcing a UEFA regulation that allows them to set aside certain times that are closed for broadcasting.

Again.
I am a fan of the zoom meetings, makes you feel more part of the club.
Think Tom is doing a fantastic job to date, under current circumstances.

But I do think 3 weekly is to short, for Toms sake, as he properly has plenty to do without the zoom meeting questions, IMO it should be 4 to 6 weeks apart.

Also thought this time, there were a lot of kind of personal questions being asked, or for a few persons. I would like the more broader spectrum questions to be asked.

But otherwise I wait in anticipation for the next zoom meeting, just like I use to with the Beano once upon a time.

Surrounded by charlatans or by a skeleton staff doing the jobs of two or three people each?

It was very clear just how much there is to do and how much of a backlog there still is from the neglect of the last couple of years.

Tom is a brave man but he seems on top of it as much as he can be
Totally agree with Skelton staff and trying to do several jobs.
There are loads that need correcting but we have to allow time to make changes.

Again.
I am a fan of the zoom meetings, makes you feel more part of the club.
Think Tom is doing a fantastic job to date, under current circumstances.

But I do think 3 weekly is to short, for Toms sake, as he properly has plenty to do without the zoom meeting questions, IMO it should be 4 to 6 weeks apart.

Also thought this time, there were a lot of kind of personal questions being asked, or for a few persons. I would like the more broader spectrum questions to be asked.

But otherwise I wait in anticipation for the next zoom meeting, just like I use to with the Beano once upon a time.

Am about to watch.

I don't recall the old Supporters Group Meetings being as frequent as this, and certainly our Liaison Meetings with the Club aren't. I also think every three weeks is too often.

Am about to watch.

I don't recall the old Supporters Group Meetings being as frequent as this, and certainly our Liaison Meetings with the Club aren't. I also think every three weeks is too often.
I don’t remember the club in so much of a state on and off the pitch as it is now either.

Look at it as an emergency situation where we are needed to keep everyone at the club accountable for what’s happening because Ron and co have got away with near on murder of our club and we can’t let them get that close to it ever.

The issue is Saturday games have a blackout, the only reason they were streamed last season as i understand it was because no one could go to the stadiums, so now if stadiums are open the blackout returns. That was for iFollow unless you had an international pass as the rules were different.

For national league i think Tom said they cannot offer any of the games internationally.
Yeah but what if we go back into lockdown I mean even if we do stadiums may stay open with a bit of luck

I can't see stadiums this season coming being closed for home fans, but can see restrictions on the number away fans being able to travel or no away fans for period of the season, if their is considerable raise of covid cases. I guess its case of let's see what happens.

I for one think the meetings need to be every 3 weeks for the time being. After years of neglect there are so many things off the pitch that need addressing and Tom needs to know about these on a regular basis until they are fixed. I get the impression that he appreciates being made aware of the ongoing issues that require his... and the club's attention as he will know that until all of the issues are remedied the club won't be able to move forward in the way we all would like.

I've been hugely impressed by the number of things he's already changed for the better. Also, his manner and calm approach to the issues being raised by supporters is to be admired. You can tell already that he won't rest until he has the Southend ship running in the way he wants.

Sure, in another 3 months time when new processes etc have had a chance to bed in, the meetings should more infrequent (every 4-6 weeks), but right now he needs to know what isn't right within the club. Tom needs the supporters help as much as we need his.

One final thought having watched all of the Zoom meetings with Tom. What sort of a state would our club be in right now if Ron hadn't appointed a CEO? It really is quite a frightening thought. It was only the pressure on Ron from our supporter groups that made this appointment happen. It still makes me angry how far and quickly our club has fallen. There can really only be one man to blame for that.

See i dont have an issue with the stadium help, a lot of clubs do it and it saves money, of course we could pay for someone to do it i guess.

The accounts are strange, to a degree i accept eh auditing thing takes longer but not this long, hopefully a she stated they will be filed early next week (Think he said this but allowing for slippage)

Refunds I thought was done in general but as he has said the one size doesnt fit so these fans with multiple just need to email or phone in and they will sort something

Meet the blues day seem sok to me, just things need the finer details re SUEPA etc, but from what was said I dont think it is as bad as you may think.

Not everyone can know all the answers striaght away, dont know if the qiestions are sent over ahead of time if they are then maybe he could have them ready if not then it sure what anyone can expect, it isnt as if Tom is dealing with everything or maybe he is.

I am looking to the positives for the season a head, we have a CEO, we are building a squad and we have a manger that most seem to think was the right man at the end of the season.

So hopefully onwards and upwards.
The way Tom spoke suggested to me that the audit hadn’t actually started as yet.

Other organisations/ clubs had to conduct their audits and did so way in time.

The way Tom spoke suggested to me that the audit hadn’t actually started as yet.

For small clubs like SUFC, publishing accounts within three months of the year end should be easily achievable.

Didnt get that impression myself just that they had taken time, i accept a small delay for the pandemic but not this long

For small clubs like SUFC, publishing accounts within three months of the year end should be easily achievable.
Problem is, he's probably refering to the 2019 accounts, aswell !

Didnt get that impression myself just that they had taken time, i accept a small delay for the pandemic but not this long
Just listened to the point at about 4.00 mins on the video for me it definitely does suggest that the process for the audit was agreed but hadn’t started. irrespective that delay surely means that the 2019 accounts haven’t been signed of by the board and certainly haven’t been made available to shareholders.
The explanation for the delay isn’t really valid others managed to circumvent the problems and when you think that the 2019 accounts were for the period ending 31/7/21019 way before COVID 19 caused lockdown on 23/3/ 20

Yes BS we are due to have our scheduled meeting this evening.
Why dont you put out a thread for questions in the days leading up to these?

can we ask when the season card packs will be sent out, some seem to have them some dont?

What about compensation for those people that sponsored a player last season (No shirts received as yet, didnt get access to the blues lounge and obviously no end of season dinner)? Why have those people not been contacted by the club as yet even if a shirt has been sent (I know someone paid for 2 shirts and only got one).

Back