• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Supporters Group Zoom Meeting 15th July 2021

I think Tom has a massive list to get through, sorting out the mess he inherited, putting processes in place, improving cost and overheads, dealing with the impact of Covid, getting ready for the new season, working with Ron and answering cynical Richard to name a few things.

The guy clearly cares and has made progress, a peoples person and the best signing Ron has made for years.

I think Tom needs time to deliver and deserves a bit of slack on some actions

Thank you to the trust for sorting and posting so quick.

I also thought this meeting was subdued.
There was no mention of 19/20 season credit being deducted from the credit for last season.
£18 and £20 for individual matches seems a bit much for this league and considering that grounds could again be closed at a moments notice this winter I was leaning towards not having a season ticket for this season. Those prices put me off going at all.
I have seen a club one league below have season tickets for £99 and £49 for concessions. I am seriously considering switching for at least one season.

Toms clearly surrounded by Charletons who aren’t doing what they should be doing for him.

No doubt a few heads will roll after his “internal audit” and rightly so, the clubs been a laughing stock for too long hence us being a non league club now.

He seems like he knows what he’s doing and I’m glad he’s onboard in this role. Let’s hope RM doesn’t push him to the limit one day and we lose another good man.

Tom definitely got big job on his hands...... the fact he fan will probably make him even more determined to put the previous wrongs, right! Unfortunately he hasn't got the power just to flick a switch and everything will be rosy. He needs time to implement his ideas onto the club. My hope is he here for the foreseeable.

Toms clearly surrounded by Charletons who aren’t doing what they should be doing for him.

No doubt a few heads will roll after his “internal audit” and rightly so, the clubs been a laughing stock for too long hence us being a non league club now.

He seems like he knows what he’s doing and I’m glad he’s onboard in this role. Let’s hope RM doesn’t push him to the limit one day and we lose another good man.
Surrounded by charlatans or by a skeleton staff doing the jobs of two or three people each?

It was very clear just how much there is to do and how much of a backlog there still is from the neglect of the last couple of years.

Tom is a brave man but he seems on top of it as much as he can be

Tom definitely got big job on his hands...... the fact he fan will probably make him even more determined to put the previous wrongs, right! Unfortunately he hasn't got the power just to flick a switch and everything will be rosy. He needs time to implement his ideas onto the club. My hope is he here for the foreseeable.
Having worked in a short-staffed team for the last year and a half, I know the difficulties that our SUFC staff are likely facing. I just ask that people are patient about it and wait for progress over time.

Surrounded by charlatans or by a skeleton staff doing the jobs of two or three people each?

It was very clear just how much there is to do and how much of a backlog there still is from the neglect of the last couple of years.

Did Tom not say on more than 1 occasion that he thought something had been done when it clearly hadn’t?.

This would indicate he’s more then likely asked someone to do it, they said they would and didn’t. If he had a skeleton staff, and it hadnt been done yet I’m sure he would say that it’s going to happen at some stage.

Where
I also thought this meeting was subdued.
There was no mention of 19/20 season credit being deducted from the credit for last season.
£18 and £20 for individual matches seems a bit much for this league and considering that grounds could again be closed at a moments notice this winter I was leaning towards not having a season ticket for this season. Those prices put me off going at all.
I have seen a club one league below have season tickets for £99 and £49 for concessions. I am seriously considering switching for at least one season.
Where you getting them prices from I think the prices are very reasonable didn’t they say it works out £13.40 a game ? A lot of teams more than us check kings lynn

And I'm sure that the staff are not on big wages (when they are paid at all). When I interviewed to be CFO many moons ago the salary on offer was not exactly competitive, and without being a Southend United fan, I wouldn't have considered it. I told Ron that at the interview and I don't think he liked it!

And I'm sure that the staff are not on big wages (when they are paid at all). When I interviewed to be CFO many moons ago the salary on offer was not exactly competitive, and without being a Southend United fan, I wouldn't have considered it. I told Ron that at the interview and I don't think he liked it!
Correct on this Roman, salaries at the club are very low for incredibly hard and unrewarded work.

An internal audit! Has Southend United EVER conducted one of them?

An internal audit! Has Southend United EVER conducted one of them?
I can’t imagine what an eye opener it must be for TL, the fact that he’s only 2/3rds-3/4s of the way through says it all reelly on the task he’s got in his hands.

thank god he’s an actual fan, otherwise he may have jacked already given the work involved.

Back