• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Supporters Group Zoom Meeting 15th July 2021

Good effort by all involved, thanks.

Mood seemed a little lower than the others but these are busy times for the club i guess.

Thanks to everyone

I get a feeling that these meetings wont go on much longer. It was fine when fans were calling out Ron Martin and he'd come to the dock to face questioning to be seen to be doing the right thing.

But - and correct me if I'm wrong - do other clubs do this? Do CEO's regularly meet with fans to discuss the inner workings of the club?

Beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable to me personally. I'm all for communication and we want to know whats going on at the club, but with Tom seeming a bit more professional, I can see this getting knocked on the head soon in favour of more infrequent and more of a general overview of how things are going in maybe a statement to shareholders etc.

Feels like we have no right (or at least shouldnt be) putting direct questions to the CEO (or indeed Ron) about the exact figures on this and that - and 'we want this', 'where are we with this'.

This isnt a dig at those involved and its been very eye opening, but just... I dunno, feels a bit much now!

Guess what I'm saying, is may be the case Tom will want the space and trust from the fans to do his job without being scrutinised every 3 weeks. Lets trust him to get on with it.

I get a feeling that these meetings wont go on much longer. It was fine when fans were calling out Ron Martin and he'd come to the dock to face questioning to be seen to be doing the right thing.

But - and correct me if I'm wrong - do other clubs do this? Do CEO's regularly meet with fans to discuss the inner workings of the club?

Beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable to me personally. I'm all for communication and we want to know whats going on at the club, but with Tom seeming a bit more professional, I can see this getting knocked on the head soon in favour of more infrequent and more of a general overview of how things are going in maybe a statement to shareholders etc.

Feels like we have no right (or at least shouldnt be) putting direct questions to the CEO (or indeed Ron) about the exact figures on this and that - and 'we want this', 'where are we with this'.

This isnt a dig at those involved and its been very eye opening, but just... I dunno, feels a bit much now!

Guess what I'm saying, is may be the case Tom will want the space and trust from the fans to do his job without being scrutinised every 3 weeks. Lets trust him to get on with it.

I think fans today expect too much from the club.

I was happy with a weekly column in The Echo - Alex Revell's recipes or Mark Gower sly digs about how much money Spencer Prior and Kevin Maher had when describing card games on the coach.

Think Tom has done a decent job in a short space of time - enjoy watching these though do think that some of the questions are incredibly detailed and specific which makes it hard for him to answer without prior notice. I do think they will become less frequent over time which will be a good sign that things are working better!

I’m sorry but with the ridiculous and totally unprofessional way the clubs been run by RM then surely it’s our duty to be on their case to make sure things are being done?.

The fact that our CEO (brilliant btw) wasn’t aware os so many things still not being done tells me that there’s a culture inside the club of people not really being accountable because we didn’t have anyone In place to make sure they were.

And before anyone drops the old “covid” excuse I can safely say my business, my clients and our suppliers are still running how they should be during this pandemic so the club should be too.

Let’s keep these meetings regular please and keep everybody on their toes, I would rather regret something we’d done, than something we hadn’t done when it’s too late.

I’m sorry but with the ridiculous and totally unprofessional way the clubs been run by RM then surely it’s our duty to be on their case to make sure things are being done?.

The fact that our CEO (brilliant btw) wasn’t aware os so many things still not being done tells me that there’s a culture inside the club of people not really being accountable because we didn’t have anyone In place to make sure they were.

And before anyone drops the old “covid” excuse I can safely say my business, my clients and our suppliers are still running how they should be during this pandemic so the club should be too.

Let’s keep these meetings regular please and keep everybody on their toes, I would rather regret something we’d done, than something we hadn’t done when it’s too late.
I think you make fair points, only slight issue i have and it is slight. SOme industries suffered more under Covid with no income at all or extremely reduced, i do think that is the case for football clubs particulally a lot of lower league clubs. Some sponsors have asked for money back as they didnt get the exposure they expected. All in all though your post is what a lot of people will think

STREAMING

I am pretty disappointed that streaming will be for tuesday evening matches only, quite enjoyed the streams of matches.

I don't have time to travel to the away games so (although it was a god damn awful season) it was good to be able to stream the away games.

Does anyone know if any of the national league teams offer matchday streams? i'd happily pay the on the door ticket price to be able to watch streams of away games, rather than lose an entire day in travel etc.

I take it none of the friendlies will be made available to pay per view on streaming also?

STREAMING

I am pretty disappointed that streaming will be for tuesday evening matches only, quite enjoyed the streams of matches.

I don't have time to travel to the away games so (although it was a god damn awful season) it was good to be able to stream the away games.

Does anyone know if any of the national league teams offer matchday streams? i'd happily pay the on the door ticket price to be able to watch streams of away games, rather than lose an entire day in travel etc.

I take it none of the friendlies will be made available to pay per view on streaming also?
The issue is Saturday games have a blackout, the only reason they were streamed last season as i understand it was because no one could go to the stadiums, so now if stadiums are open the blackout returns. That was for iFollow unless you had an international pass as the rules were different.

For national league i think Tom said they cannot offer any of the games internationally.

The issue is Saturday games have a blackout, the only reason they were streamed last season as i understand it was because no one could go to the stadiums, so now if stadiums are open the blackout returns. That was for iFollow unless you had an international pass as the rules were different.

For national league i think Tom said they cannot offer any of the games internationally.

Do the Saturday games being blacked out count for ALL national league teams or can they offer them if they want to?

Basically does this mean NO away games will be streamed this season?

Do the Saturday games being blacked out count for ALL national league teams or can they offer them if they want to?

Basically does this mean NO away games will be streamed this season?
Tom said in the zoom call Saturday games are blacked out so they can only offer Tuesday evening games, I assume he means midweek games in general, although the away ones would probably need to be bought from the home team i guess

I think the clubs email system needs a revamp aswell, sooooooooo many emails seem to get ''lost''

I think the clubs email system needs a revamp aswell, sooooooooo many emails seem to get ''lost''
I think by lost Tom means he has a hell of a lot of them lol, and thus may not see them all as quickly as he should or perhaps doesnt get round to them sadly

I think by lost Tom means he has a hell of a lot of them lol, and thus may not see them all as quickly as he should or perhaps doesnt get round to them sadly

Ultimately

• The clubs accounts still arent done
  • No clear answer about the ''Refunds'' on the season ticket/ifollow fiasco for familes who only needed one ifollow ticket rather than 3/4
  • Wants fans to paint the stadium and training ground because its not ready/fit for purpose
  • Meet the blues day still is all over the place
  • Too many responses were ''I will check and get back to you'' ''I will make sure that email gets answered''.......just get it done in the first place!
We are sounding real positive again, call me doom and gloom but that's how I see it. All I see is another poorly run, frustrating season ahead for us fans. Lets hope Phil and the team get it together on the pitch!

Ultimately

• The clubs accounts still arent done
  • No clear answer about the ''Refunds'' on the season ticket/ifollow fiasco for familes who only needed one ifollow ticket rather than 3/4
  • Wants fans to paint the stadium and training ground because its not ready/fit for purpose
  • Meet the blues day still is all over the place
  • Too many responses were ''I will check and get back to you'' ''I will make sure that email gets answered''.......just get it done in the first place!
We are sounding real positive again, call me doom and gloom but that's how I see it. All I see is another poorly run, frustrating season ahead for us fans. Lets hope Phil and the team get it together on the pitch!
See i dont have an issue with the stadium help, a lot of clubs do it and it saves money, of course we could pay for someone to do it i guess.

The accounts are strange, to a degree i accept eh auditing thing takes longer but not this long, hopefully a she stated they will be filed early next week (Think he said this but allowing for slippage)

Refunds I thought was done in general but as he has said the one size doesnt fit so these fans with multiple just need to email or phone in and they will sort something

Meet the blues day seem sok to me, just things need the finer details re SUEPA etc, but from what was said I dont think it is as bad as you may think.

Not everyone can know all the answers striaght away, dont know if the qiestions are sent over ahead of time if they are then maybe he could have them ready if not then it sure what anyone can expect, it isnt as if Tom is dealing with everything or maybe he is.

I am looking to the positives for the season a head, we have a CEO, we are building a squad and we have a manger that most seem to think was the right man at the end of the season.

So hopefully onwards and upwards.

I hope they do continue. As supporters, we should know what is happening and remain involved with the club's activities through the groups that we have seen represented at these meetings. Look what happened when there was no communication and accountability.

I think Tom learned quite a bit from this meeting and the possible inefficiency of those around him (or the need to change structure).

If other clubs don't do this kind of thing, good luck to them... or maybe we be a positive example to those others for once and they might follow our lead.

STREAMING

Consider yourself lucky. It will be a luxury not afforded to overseas supporters (without the added expense of a VPN).

A very low- key meeting (which will surely benefit from PB's presence on 5th August).

I was interested t o hear that there will be streaming for Tuesday games but sadly not for overseas supporters.

I've not yet had chance to watch / listen yet, but I do think these are a useful addition as I does keep the fans up to date as to what is going on within the club based on questions raised and put to the club from the various supporters clubs.

I do feel that 3 weekly is a little to often though, and it may be more beneficial for all involved to be once a month.

Back