• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Supporters Group Zoom Meeting - 24th June 2021

Thanks for sharing this.

just two points. Is there a reason the question about posting the accounts wasn't followed up on this call?

Also are you privvy to when season cards will go on sale? Seemed like that was a good opportunity to ask.

Thanks again ?

Re car parking I’ve been told (by those in the shop as I asked if I needed to pay) that it is to stop unauthorised Saturday game day parking

Last edited:
Thank you to all that took part in the Zoom call, all very informative. Sounds like there's a long list of things to do and Tom is really getting to grips with these.

Thanks all for the updates. Just a thought. I am assuming that you know who will be representing SUFC before the calls so if we have any questions that fall outside their area ie the questions about the stadium. Perhaps those questions could be forwarded the day before to allow Tom (in yesterday’s meeting) a chance to get the answers from those concerned??

Thank you to all that took part in the Zoom call, all very informative. Sounds like there's a long list of things to do and Tom is really getting to grips with these.

Well, Tom sure as hell hasn't got back to me yet about helping me finish the painting in my living room or pressure washing my drive but yes, I get it, there is a "long list" and he must "prioritise"

Another good meeting and really useful that it is recorded to allow fans to view the discussion around the main issues that are important to us.

I haven't seen the video for the season tickets, and as it seemed to have quite a bit of praise for it is anyone able to send me the link or let me know where it is?

Another good meeting and really useful that it is recorded to allow fans to view the discussion around the main issues that are important to us.

I haven't seen the video for the season tickets, and as it seemed to have quite a bit of praise for it is anyone able to send me the link or let me know where it is?
It's on the thread season card details (no 11) care of Ricey mate

As much as I love the North Bank. Its where I started out, I think we need to leave it alone.

Maybe a compromise could be had. The X block is far bigger than W block.

Fwiw I am more than happy in the W block and feel its the best option for the blue voice until we leave roots hall.

As much as I love the North Bank. Its where I started out, I think we need to leave it alone.

Maybe a compromise could be had. The X block is far bigger than W block.

Fwiw I am more than happy in the W block and feel its the best option for the blue voice until we leave roots hall.
Probably no real point in sharing the north bank with the away fans and have to move sufc fans if away fans demand more tickets.

Best place to put the away fans is corner bit and block x. That way sufc fans have the whole of the north bank.

I appreciate all the time and effort that these people put into their roles, but I really think they're missing an opportunity to delve into the really important matters regarding the finances of the club. Season tickets, kits, North Stand, disabled access etc are good points for discussion but they are nowhere near as important as how we are managing to fund a new CEO, manager, players etc whilst the accounts still haven't been produced. There is only a small amount of Tom's time available in these meetings so I think we need to obtain as much info from him as possible whilst he is in attendance.

If funds were there, why did we get ourselves into a transfer embargo, non payment of tax etc, last season ? What has changed ?

Last edited:
I appreciate all the time and effort that these people put into their roles, but I really think they're missing an opportunity to delve into the really important matters regarding the finances of the club. Season tickets, kits, North Stand, disabled access etc are good points for discussion but they are nowhere near as important as how we are managing to fund a new CEO, manager, players etc whilst the accounts still haven't been produced. There is only a small amount of Tom's time available in these meetings so I think we need to obtain as much info from him as possible whilst he is in attendance.

If funds were there, why did we get ourselves into a transfer embargo, non payment of tax etc, last season ? What has changed ?
He called peter, then did a deal with paul.

Sure keep him on his toes and make enquiries, but at some point you have to draw a line and accept that the chairman does always seem to find the money and perhaps he doesnt feel the need to divulge that to every tom dick and harry.

We did that with Ron for the last three meetings. I'm sure we'll do it again. There comes a time when you actually have to talk about something else, particularly as the man who has the answers wasn't there.

Thanks all for the updates. Just a thought. I am assuming that you know who will be representing SUFC before the calls so if we have any questions that fall outside their area ie the questions about the stadium. Perhaps those questions could be forwarded the day before to allow Tom (in yesterday’s meeting) a chance to get the answers from those concerned??

Well, you say that.....

.... We knew Tom was coming but it was possible PB would be in attendance. To be fair we usually do give whoever represents SUFC (it used to be Rhys) a heads up. We didn't this time because we weren't sure of the line up.

This has been answered by Ron before.

The meeting where the council agreed to the financing of the housing at Fossets Farm released funds, that allowed HMRC to be paid and the embargo removed.

Well, Tom sure as hell hasn't got back to me yet about helping me finish the painting in my living room or pressure washing my drive but yes, I get it, there is a "long list" and he must "prioritise"

You may have the wrong Tom? That sounds like Tom from Bodgitt and Scarpa.....

Back