• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Supporters Group Zoom Meeting - 6th May 2021

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
Earlier this evening the Shrimpers Trust hosted a Zoom Meeting with Ron Martin, Ricky Duncan and Patrick van de Waag from SUFC on behalf of the Supporters Group.

In attendance were representatives from All At Sea, The Blue Voice, The Shrimpers Trust, Save Our Southend, Shrimperzone and the SUFC Exiles.

Also in attendance was Chris Phillips from the Southend Echo.

A recording of the meeting can be viewed on the Trust's You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpFuM5gDvwhKn2okRjp5OaQ/featured

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I wanted to go and Scott was dealing with something else. Simples. We all have lives too. No big secret.

With respect Scott’s been saying all day SOS would not communicate with Ron until after the protest on Saturday. If you was representing SOS rather than attending on a personal level what’s changed? Must add I haven’t had a chance to watch the recording yet.

So after speaking with everybody and many saying we should send somebody we did, I was not able to go, Richard was and that’s pretty much it. People commented, I listened, asked again what we should do, changes were made.
No one should criticise someone for listening or engaging in dialogue. It does nothing to diminish any protest but sends the right message I think.

Who cares, who attended and who didnt! It doesn't matter or mean anything!!

Ron to his credit does have a golden tongue and the art of coming back with a question, he would of scripted his answers beforehand, Scott being there or not doesn't matter.

Whoever asked a question would get the same response -
Loads of positive talk but no positive actions based on the timing of that meeting today!

No one should criticise someone for listening or engaging in dialogue. It does nothing to diminish any protest but send the right message I think.
Exactly, as much as I was not for going, and after the comments on here it was felt that we need to go, revaluation of the situation and changed it. No point not listening to others everybody has a view and you won’t garner any support by not listening.

I have an evil cold and headache so can't bring myself to watch anything on video at the moment, if anyone has the possibility to briefly mention any new/salient points from the call that would be wonderful and I'd be very thankful.

Ron made no apology for not apologising to the fans. Interesting bit at the end about Grimsby putting a motion to the EFL regarding relegation this season. And good to see Ron a bit riled by The Big Shrimp's "cynical" questioning! Would just like to say I was one of a number who thought SOS should have a presence this evening and posted my thoughts this afternoon. They should be commended for listening to everybody's views and taking action, not an easy decision. Plus Scott took the time to PM me of their decision and reasons. Full marks.

So after speaking with everybody and many saying we should send somebody we did, I was not able to go, Richard was and that’s pretty much it. People commented, I listened, asked again what we should do, changes were made.
“Those who never change their minds, never change anything”.

I will applaud RM for taking part in the zoom meeting and has been said he did seem genuinely hurt and caring but he stopped short of apologising which would have made a lot of difference to me personally.

The concerns for me were financial. I realise it's important that we get stability ASAP but he admitted they haven't finalised a budget for the NL but he has already offered PB a contract, agreed to employ a CEO and possibly employ SC in an embassador role.

We all know RM loves Big names (with the exception of MM) and if he doesn't have a budget worked out for the NL how does he know he can afford PB or SC or a CEO?

We all want big names and I think a CEO is widely regarded as essential as they are in any large business but NOT if the cost of all these ideals creates yet another crisis that results in CCJ's, players not being paid, transfer embargoes and ultimately no money left to sign players.

I took some comfort from listening to the meeting in full but I was also left with quite a few concerns that don't ease my concern for the sustainability of our club.

So sos were there. ****ing hell. Couldnt make it up!
Actually, its usually me that ends up at these things. I go both as SZ rep and now SoS too. However, tonight was the wife's birthday so I was busy eating cake. Hence Rich stepped in because he was available.

It really doesn't matter whether we attended or not because we can't please all the people all the time. So if we hadn't gone we'd have got criticised.

But that's ok. We put our heads above the parapit and we do expect to be shot at. It'd be nice if it weren't friendly fire though. ??

Back