• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Supporters Group Zoom Meeting - 7th October 2021

Not at all. I think both Edan (Custard Splat) and Dan (TBV) would object to that, and Mike (disabled supporters representative) as well (of these, only Edan was available for this call).

You are seeing the Chairman and one other from the Trust, the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of SOS, representatives from ShrimperZone, Blues on Tour, All at Sea, the Exiles, TBV, Custard Splat (whatever that is!) and disabled supporters. They are representing the support which I would suggest is still pretty much middle aged white man based. What do you propose, putting people on according to ethnicity?
No but would be nice to have a wider cross section where possible. I’m sure you’d like more female representation? (In fact, I think you’d be great on these calls as a long term fan and always like your opinions even when I disagree).

as an aside I sent the link to 2 friends one a Peterborough fan and after commenting on Ron’s outburst he said “same as posh forums, all white blokes” and another said do we not have any female fans…. So wasn’t just my view either.

Wow.....Ron well and truly lost his head towards the end there!
A good, very honest debate had by all. Ron clearly cares deeply about the club, but ultimately I still have no faith that he will make the right decisions going forward.
He was adamant that our dire reputation doesn't stop players wanting to sign for our football club. I'm certain however that in one of the previous zoom calls he reluctantly conceded that maybe the case?

Also rather worrying was his insistence that we have good players whose performance levels are being hampered by the atmosphere around Roots Hall (protests etc).
I know football can change very quickly, but he will seemingly continue to back Phil Brown with more funds and he thinks we have the right man in charge.
Here was me hoping that PB may soon be on his way with Ron handing over the reigns in the not too distant future. From what Ron said, the likelihood of either of those two things happening is remote.
He “cares deeply about the club” >??? I admire your generous spirit, buy really… that is stretching things a bit too far.
That person cares about one thing, and one thing only……. Making money for himself…no matter how damaging to our club. ……..dont be taken in by TOXIC** the man who destroyed SUFC .

**. Refers to the owner.

No but would be nice to have a wider cross section where possible. I’m sure you’d like more female representation? (In fact, I think you’d be great on these calls as a long term fan and always like your opinions even when I disagree).

as an aside I sent the link to 2 friends one a Peterborough fan and after commenting on Ron’s outburst he said “same as posh forums, all white blokes” and another said do we not have any female fans…. So wasn’t just my view either.
Yeah, I know, unfortunately I can only do Zoom on my phone and it's really not ideal. I'm intending to buy a lap top out of my lump sum when my pension comes out in January!

I personally agree that the supporters groups should have more representation from females, ethnic groups and younger generation on the calls. The trust have 3 women on their board, however, I think we could definitely have (should target) more. I am also an advocate of us targeting more of the younger generation and the future of the club and get their voices heard too. Getting the people to commit the time is another matter.

I personally agree that the supporters groups should have more representation from females, ethnic groups and younger generation on the calls. The trust have 3 women on their board, however, I think we could definitely have (should target) more. I am also an advocate of us targeting more of the younger generation and the future of the club and get their voices heard too. Getting the people to commit the time is another matter.

Surely young people should be in bed by then and women doing the washing up after cooking the tea ?

Back