• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Supporters Group Zoom Meeting - 7th October 2021

no thank you Mr Ashley balls up a much bigger club than Southend United for as many years as ron .Out of the frying pan into the fire .
Admittedly he arse but he didn't balls them up though, he just ran Newcastle like business instead of play toy where he would spend money for sake of it...... The fans I'm sure will look back in 5 years time and say it was worth the wait! The new owners have unlimited funds to propel them to heights beyond their wildest dreams. I'm intrigued to who they will be signing once the summer transfer window in open, good times are around the corner for toon army.

Last edited:
Admittedly he arse but he didn't balls them up though, he just ran Newcastle like business instead of play toy where he would spend money for sake of it...... The fans I'm sure will look back in 5 years time and say it was worth the wait! The new owners have unlimited funds to propel them to heights beyond their wildest dreams. I'm intrigued to who they will be signing once the summer transfer window in open, good times are around the corner for toon army.
Yea you look at how poor Chelsea and Man City were as clubs. Mid to lower table top flight teams. No reason newcastle won’t be european giants too in a couple of years.

Reactions: JD
Yea you look at how poor Chelsea and Man City were as clubs. Mid to lower table top flight teams. No reason newcastle won’t be european giants too in a couple of years.
Agreed. Except it will most likely take 10 years of sustained investment to get them to that “giant” status - a club that can consistently challenge for the league and European honours.

If you ask me, Man City have only really been considered a real contender for the Champs League in the last 2-3 years. 13 years after Abu Dhabi group took over.

Well that feels like another wasted opportunity.

Why oh why have we not got attendees that can ask proper questions about the finances of the club?
Why oh why have we not got someone that can ask proper questions about the Fossetts farm development and what Ron PLC stands to get out of it?
Why oh why have we not got someone that can ask proper questions with an understanding of the intrinsic link between the two?
Why oh why have we not got an attendee that can challenge and debate properly?

If I had a pound for every question that was asked, Ron gave an answer, and then the person that asked it had a blank look on their face not knowing how to challenge back with another question, then I’d be able to buy 5 burgers (with no onions) later today.

If we had the above we may stand a chance of actually getting some proper answers that, if provided in a “fools guide” format, could help the majority of our fan base come to terms with what’s going on and why.
I feel a similar frustration and ideally we need a more skilful forensic approach, would be great if we had a lawyer supporter, solicitor on the team
I applaud Ron for doing this and keeping it going along with our representatives efforts

However the difficulty is, if we got significantly more skilful in the art, would Ron turn up?

Reactions: JD
Very true, Though Chelsea wasn't that poor before roman turned up, they were challenging for top 4 with the likes of zola playing for them at the time.

Think we can probably say now Newcastle will finally win some silverware, which they have been craving for 50/60 odd years.

Ron has to also box clever here. He is in negotiations with SBC and has a desire to see this through, so he is unlikely to go public saying he's happy to sell the club.

FWIW, I think he sees this now as a personal crusade to reach the end game, having invested so much time, energy and money into the project. I also, genuinely, believe that whilst he financially wants it to conclude, he also does want to see the club in a new stadium and driving forwards.

I sense he is as frustrated as everybody else that the steps recently have all been backwards.

Ron has to also box clever here. He is in negotiations with SBC and has a desire to see this through, so he is unlikely to go public saying he's happy to sell the club.

FWIW, I think he sees this now as a personal crusade to reach the end game, having invested so much time, energy and money into the project. I also, genuinely, believe that whilst he financially wants it to conclude, he also does want to see the club in a new stadium and driving forwards.

I sense he is as frustrated as everybody else that the steps recently have all been backwards.

Yep.

Ron on the forum “I’d sell tomorrow, for the right price, if someone offered it”

SBC “with future of the club hanging in the air, we can’t possibly move forward with planning decisions”

Agreed, Tom's face when he called Shane an idiot was telling in my opinion.
Tom's face when he said he wanted some forecast accounts for the new stadium was a picture, aswell. It was like....Erm, you haven't given me the info to do the 31st Jul 20 annual accounts yet, boss ! As for finishing the audit...

No doubt, but if he had initially produced a better argument of how a new stadium will benefit SUFC in the future he would have had much better backing from the fans, and we would have been much more tolerant.

No doubt, but if he had initially produced a better argument of how a new stadium will benefit SUFC in the future he would have had much better backing from the fans, and we would have been much more tolerant.
He already has. All these questions have been answered before. They have even been answered on here but the truth doesn't suit the Ron out at all costs agenda. Which has far less support than you claim.

Not knowing Ron at all but noting the behavioural traits and his ego, he is very similar to my own boss. She can wriggle out of most tough questions or shady dealings with effortless simplicity. Like Ron, she will flip occasionally when people trap her with her past indiscretions or contradicting statements, leading to threats of sacking you or saying I’m you f***ing boss and you’re lucky to be employed so do what I say. But then she has the charm and confidence to talk her way out of most stuff and will talk a good game around other things that keep the upper hand, like not getting mad a bigger stuff or allowing leaway when least expected.

We wonder why people stay working for him but I am in a similar position and sometimes it’s better the devil you know when in work.

Anyway…

Thanks to all for the hard work and tough questions asked. Great to see so many people who love our club trying to find a resolution to us keeping us alive and bringing the good times back for us all. Hats off chaps.

I think he has and did mention some of these in the zoom meeting.

The thing is, are there more positives than negatives to the new stadium and I would say the former, which will benefit SUFC and the community as a whole.

He already has. All these questions have been answered before. They have even been answered on here but the truth doesn't suit the Ron out at all costs agenda. Which has far less support than you claim.
I think the benefits of the original plan were well argued and I don’t think there was any disagreement among supporters that was the only way forward for the club. But as we have dropped out the leagues and the stadium plans are now tied to housing rather than the original leisure park plan, I think the case does need to be made again. So much has changed. I don’t believe that we will ever see the stadium from the glossy brochures / plans of ten or so years ago whilst we remain non league. But that needn’t matter if we knew what the new plan is and how the club would benefit.

Not knowing Ron at all but noting the behavioural traits and his ego, he is very similar to my own boss. She can wriggle out of most tough questions or shady dealings with effortless simplicity. Like Ron, she will flip occasionally when people trap her with her past indiscretions or contradicting statements, leading to threats of sacking you or saying I’m you f***ing boss and you’re lucky to be employed so do what I say. But then she has the charm and confidence to talk her way out of most stuff and will talk a good game around other things that keep the upper hand, like not getting mad a bigger stuff or allowing leaway when least expected.

We wonder why people stay working for him but I am in a similar position and sometimes it’s better the devil you know when in work.

Anyway…

Thanks to all for the hard work and tough questions asked. Great to see so many people who love our club trying to find a resolution to us keeping us alive and bringing the good times back for us all. Hats off chaps.
Your boss...Would you?

I think he has and did mention some of these in the zoom meeting.

The thing is, are there more positives than negatives to the new stadium and I would say the former, which will benefit SUFC and the community as a whole.
Yes he did. Albeit very rough figures.

£3-5m.

thats probably £2.5-4.5m more than we currently get and with a “budget” of £1.4m it’s not difficult to work out that even at the lower end of that forecast we’d be £1m better off.

Tom's face when he said he wanted some forecast accounts for the new stadium was a picture, aswell. It was like....Erm, you haven't given me the info to do the 31st Jul 20 annual accounts yet, boss ! As for finishing the audit...
I think he has enough on his plate and so needed this like a hole in the head.

If Ron was good at PR he would have created a presentation for the fans that covered sufficient detail that we would understand the benefits of the new stadium. I don’t think he thought he really needed to “sell” to the fans. He could very easily have come up with a sold presentation that explained why commercially the new stadium was an absolute no brained. He didn’t and hence we have people who think we should stay at RH.

Last edited:
I don't claim amything. They have never been answered in detail since day one. All he has said is we need a new stadium because RH is not fit for purpose. No actual figures of how much it would actually cost to revamp RH, or estimated figures of how much revenue the stadium could generate for SUFC. The supporters groups have had to drag this out of him !

Yes he did. Albeit very rough figures.

£3-5m.

thats probably £2.5-4.5m more than we currently get and with a “budget” of £1.4m it’s not difficult to work out that even at the lower end of that forecast we’d be £1m better off.
Yes he did. Or Tom did based on past experience. Question is why didn’t he do a proper presentation of all this to the fans a few months ago at least.

Last edited:
Back