• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Supporters Group Zoom Meeting with Phil Brown & Tom Lawrence - 5th August 2021

Yea god listen, thanks guys. Surprised a bit that not more questions were fired at Phil whilst we had the chance. The collymore saga would have been interesting to get his views on certainly.

very candid about sim and I’m happier with that decision now. I guess going so public with it feels like a last straw from the club to get him moved on.

Sounds like Ferguson has a fight on his hands to be part of the side to, but least there is little doubt the standards you will have to meet to get into the team. Totally agree with phils view on Holmes too so hopefully that’s announced tomorrow.

on the flip side, the eyebrow raiser sounds a bit dead in the water financially. ?

Was a good listen. Think Tom should have been asked about season card packages as they seem to be being sent out randomly with some having them and some not.

good to hear openness from the manager with no hiding behind a project comment

Very well done again to all involved.
Questions will never cover everyone's preferences, but they were all clearly asked and clearly answered.
Bit worried that Phil likes to "smell , touch and feel" players - needs to be careful there ?

Very well done again to all involved.
Questions will never cover everyone's preferences, but they were all clearly asked and clearly answered.
Bit worried that Phil likes to "smell , touch and feel" players - needs to be careful there ?
That’s true they won’t be

Great stuff, very insightful. Getting frustrated with the shifty responses to any Fossett's questions though. Very nervous and non-commital.

Thanks to all concerned. I have only watched part of this Zoom meeting so far but it was informative and quite enlightening. PB comes across well. He seemed very clear on what he believes is required to make Southend competitive in the National League.

However, on the Akinola decision, I was rather puzzled by what he said. PB said he watched him in one game against Exeter (in which Akinola was presumably carrying an injury which required surgery) and decided his workrate was not good enough. That in itself seems quite surprising.

I am beginning to think Akinola's departure is probably linked to bringing in the Division 1 striker that PB has spoken to and is currently on a very big salary, but apparently wants to come to Southend.

Thanks to all concerned. I have only watched part of this Zoom meeting so far but it was informative and quite enlightening. PB comes across well. He seemed very clear on what he believes is required to make Southend competitive in the National League.

However, on the Akinola decision, I was rather puzzled by what he said. PB said he watched him in one game against Exeter (in which Akinola was presumably carrying an injury which required surgery) and decided his workrate was not good enough. That in itself seems quite surprising.

I am beginning to think Akinola's departure is probably linked to bringing in the Division 1 striker that PB has spoken to and is currently on a very big salary, but apparently wants to come to Southend.
Big John akinde on his to Southend United

Thank you everyone for putting these together. Love hearing PB talk so openly and Tom seems to be settling into the role, nicely (I mean, anyone that can make onions an optional extra to the burgers, get's a thumbs up from me !).

Seems a huge job for Tom. At the moment, seems all he is doing is sorted the bare basics a club should be out - tidy stadium, right concessions available, handling fans in and out etc. Probably a lot more than he expected.

So having to sort this basic stuff out before any big strategy can be worked on means we may not get the best of him for a year or two.

Back