• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Supporters Group Zoom Meeting with Phil Brown & Tom Lawrence - 5th August 2021

Just seen the Zoom all the way through now.

My opinion of Phil Brown has now changed.

Tom Lawrence is an absolute credit to our club, and we are very lucky to have him associated with SUFC.

And the questions this time were far more appropriate and professional in matter.
Come on don't tease us.

In fairness to PB he never produced teams that looked unfit, weak and relegation candidates. Even when it went wrong for him CP managed 4th place form for the rest of the season with the same squad.

While I wouldn't disagree with the first part of your comment I don't seem to remember us being in 4th place when John Bond took over wih just 6 games to go.

While I wouldn't disagree with the first part of your comment I don't seem to remember us being in 4th place when John Bond took over wih just 6 games to go.
That was the following season and it was Kevin Bond. Plus I said form not position.....

I remember him saying that, & at the time i for one, thought he was bonkers!.
The biggest mistake by the club in the summer of Bond fiasco was how they dealt with Kiernan and Cox.

Both wanted out but were forced to stay. I don't know the facts but suspect this was more Ron than Bond. Kiernan had been well paid for 2 years for only a handful of games and any chairman would expect some return.

They both downed tools and even faked injury before the first game away at Cov. On top of that Dru was sold just days before. With Hump still medically and mentally not fit to play it meant the spine was completely ripped out of that team.

Annoyingly someone like Elvis gets more stick on here than Cox. Even the season we finished 7th, SC coasted in those last few games as a promotion would not suit him personally.

Unfortunately smaller clubs cant afford to have sulking players inn the reserves. You have to play them and that can be disastrous for the team.....And us mugs pay the price.

Back