• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Supporters Group Zoom Meeting with Phil Brown & Tom Lawrence - 5th August 2021

I thought it was a good session. PB very clear and good to understand his logic. Also good for Simon (I think) to ask how recruitment works. Helps with some of the stuff we debate but don’t really understand. I hope the Akinola thing is about a swap and can’t understand if it’s just about work rate why Sim, ANG and Fergie wouldn’t respond to that when he calls them technically gifted. Surely they aren’t being ‘lazy’ on purpose. Sim always struck as a grafter to me. For those making comments about questions that weren’t asked it seems that all attendees are happy to be sent questions in advance to ask. Also credit to Tom. Really down to earth, clearly a lot on his plate but getting his hands dirty and you see he is a fan too. Finally interesting that the free shirt hasn’t been designed yet and there is chance to influence. Maybe a tribute to an historic one or a chance for those that produce the mock ups on here.

Thank you. I did ask about how recruitment works...

that is my view for sure.

The only thing i am not sure on is the extra £1, that was the minimum i dont think PB confirmed thats what we offered unless I missed heard i thought he said all we had to do was offer £1 more.

it doesnt matter really as Elvis didnt start negotiations and is now twiddling his thumbs somewhere, maybe regretting listening to his agent.

My biggest take away is that Sim’s agent doesnt want Sim to leave as he is on a good wage with us. I would think that will impact us financially on future signings
I guess what is possibly happening with Akinola is the same as what is possibly happening with Akinde. The respective clubs and mangers want the player moved on but the player/agent want to stay as the money is better.

Doesn't make a huge amount of sense from an agent's point of view though. Surely they would want them to move so they get a slice of the signing-on fee.

I guess what is possibly happening with Akinola is the same as what is possibly happening with Akinde. The respective clubs and mangers want the player moved on but the player/agent want to stay as the money is better.

Doesn't make a huge amount of sense from an agent's point of view though. Surely they would want them to move so they get a slice of the signing-on fee.
Slight advantage our side is there is no transfer window in NL

Agree

Very interesting & enjoyable watch. Both Phil & Tom come across well & give me hope for the future. Thanks to the organisers & participants - it's great that they help to give us this insight.

Yes obviously PB and Tom have answered well as there are only 3 pages of comments, instead of the usual 15 of the same old moans and myths.

Shout out to Lord Footy for doing a great job of running the show with the right sort of questions and moving it along at a good pace.

Well done to those involved, lets see more of the same please.

Bit late to the reply's.

But i think these zoom meetings where we. the supporters can see and hear are great.
As said before, it gives us, and those that it may interest an insight into the club.
I still think every 3 weeks is abit close together for the meetings as I'm sure the persons involved with the running of SUFC have alot of work to do behind the scenes, without having the added pressure of the 3 weekly Zooms.

Don't get me wrong, i would love to see the Zoom meetings every 2 weeks, but i would rather see the staff concentrating on getting the club right, so i would of thought every 5-6 weeks may have been better suited.

The relationship between Phil and Ron must be very interesting, both have the gift of the gab where verbal communication is a massive tool for them!

I bet Phil gives as good as he gets, hopefully we'll get a zoom call with them both on...

Well done all involved
You are right, they have both impressed me when communicating at club events. There has to be substance behind what they say though as, no matter how impressive their latest rabble rousing speech is, people won't buy it if what has been said previously hasn't been delivered. That is aimed at Ron more than Phil but I can't say I fully trust what comes out of either of their mouths.

Just seen the Zoom all the way through now.

My opinion of Phil Brown has now changed.

Tom Lawrence is an absolute credit to our club, and we are very lucky to have him associated with SUFC.

And the questions this time were far more appropriate and professional in matter.

Just seen the Zoom all the way through now.

My opinion of Phil Brown has now changed.

Tom Lawrence is an absolute credit to our club, and we are very lucky to have him associated with SUFC.

And the questions this time were far more appropriate and professional in matter.
Why? He hasn't done much yet..... I feel its to early to judge Tom yet.

That's currect. Few months down the line is where I can judge the guy.
He seems really switched on from what i've seen, so far. My only fear is that it'll get too frustrating trying to get straight forward answers from our Ronny regarding the clubs finances etc

He seems really switched on from what i've seen, so far. My only fear is that it'll get too frustrating trying to get straight forward answers from our Ronny regarding the clubs finances etc
I think his patience will be tested...... scally looks difficult guy to work with, so that experience at gills will stand tom in good stead with ron.

Back