• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Supporters Liaison Meeting 02/08/2022

Again, if you are in the clique then you are in the know.

Everyone else doesn’t matter.

What clique is that?

To be fair it's pretty cliquey!

I should disclose that I got a free bottle of water while I was at the meeting.

Apologies for not mentioning that at the time.

Oh, and real secrect squirrel stuff, after attending the meeting, my last 3 emails asking for the minutes have been ignored. Its a pretty good clique no?

I can see why people think they are missing out.

(Happy to buy you a bottle of water at the next game @EnglandShrimper )

To be fair it's pretty cliquey!

I should disclose that I got a free bottle of water while I was at the meeting.

Apologies for not mentioning that at the time.

Oh, and real secrect squirrel stuff, after attending the meeting, my last 3 emails asking for the minutes have been ignored. Its a pretty good clique no?

I can see why people think they are missing out.

(Happy to buy you a bottle of water at the next game @EnglandShrimper )

@Pale Blue Dot. It just not make any sense to me, it was the same with the previous Liaison meeting, The club just never approved the discussions so they died a death. Why do they bother having these meetings if nothing comes of them and you and Trevor just waste your time kindly attending them on our behalf.

It does seem all the transparency we had a season ago from various avenues has been binned completely.

@Pale Blue Dot. It just not make any sense to me, it was the same with the previous Liaison meeting, The club just never approved the discussions so they died a death. Why do they bother having these meetings if nothing comes of them and you and Trevor just waste your time kindly attending them on our behalf.

It does seem all the transparency we had a season ago from various avenues has been binned completely.
Absolutely this , vertically same league position as last year virtually the same point and basically the same non commitment in any shape or form from the club , clearly poor Stan has been told not to meet with us, which was such a huge draw and straw of hope we had to cling onto a year ago… genuinely what has changed ? With the naked eye completely fek all

Reactions: JAL

Agreed @StanCollymore Could you have a word please?

Absolutely this , vertically same league position as last year virtually the same point and basically the same non commitment in any shape or form from the club , clearly poor Stan has been told not to meet with us, which was such a huge draw and straw of hope we had to cling onto a year ago… genuinely what has changed ? With the naked eye completely fek all

Lots has changed and almost all for the better. We have a CEO; work has started on the new training field; we actually employ a first team physio; we have a scouting department and are signing players with sell on value rather than aged liabilities; we have numerous new sponsors for the first time in ages. On the pitch things have improved considerably even if the results don’t yet fully reflect that. Last year we were all worriedly looking over our shoulder, now we’re still looking at the play-offs; performances are way better.

That there’s still so much more to do (we’re probably not even half way there yet) shows that over a decade of neglect can’t be easily undone.

The work that has been done has to be only the start of things but let’s not throw away the progress that has been made. It needs to be built on instead. Restoring this club is a multi year project and it’s one that invariably won’t be complete until Ron is gone. We’re moving in the right direction but we need to continue to apply pressure to keep moving forward.

Lots has changed and almost all for the better. We have a CEO; work has started on the new training field; we actually employ a first team physio; we have a scouting department and are signing players with sell on value rather than aged liabilities; we have numerous new sponsors for the first time in ages. On the pitch things have improved considerably even if the results don’t yet fully reflect that. Last year we were all worriedly looking over our shoulder, now we’re still looking at the play-offs; performances are way better.

That there’s still so much more to do (we’re probably not even half way there yet) shows that over a decade of neglect can’t be easily undone.

The work that has been done has to be only the start of things but let’s not throw away the progress that has been made. It needs to be built on instead. Restoring this club is a multi year project and it’s one that invariably won’t be complete until Ron is gone. We’re moving in the right direction but we need to continue to apply pressure to keep moving forward.
How dare you bring some positivity ahead of a bank holiday, its really not what people come here for.

We are Southend, everything is miserable, nothing good ever happens, we have no future, we'll be shut in two years, when's the next fruity drink coming..... that's what we live for ...... really, some people!!!

Agreed, but why waste time on meetings that end up being private ?

I would hate to give up my time for nothing.

Reactions: JAL
Agreed, but why waste time on meetings that end up being private ?

I would hate to give up my time for nothing.
As I said, plenty of things to improve.

I don’t think the sole reason for these meetings though is to impart information to fans. The club will use the meeting to find out what issues are bothering supporters and to use it as a sounding board. So even without published minutes it would have value.

As I said, plenty of things to improve.

I don’t think the sole reason for these meetings though is to impart information to fans. The club will use the meeting to find out what issues are bothering supporters and to use it as a sounding board. So even without published minutes it would have value.

This is very true, it is a major part of what it enables.

The problem with the delay in getting the minutes approved is that it is the easiest way to publish responses to the issues that we have raised without having to detail every point individually. The issue arises in that sometimes, as part of that response and the discussion around them some things might be mentioned that are a bit on the sensitive side, commercially or otherwise, and we wouldn't want to comprise the relationship of trust that we have painstakingly built up over a fair period of time now.

I will freely admit it is frustrating and Pale Blue Dot and myself have made our views known and will continue to do so...

Minutes of all meetings with the club should be published within a set time and agreed at the meeting (Say two weeks). That should give everyone enough time to edit out anything sensitive or for another reason that no one wants in the public domain. Failure to do this by any party should be made public and the party named and shamed.

Back