• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Supporters Liaison Meeting 02/08/2022

What would have been the point in implementing the scheme when there wasn’t a single away game last season where there was a need for it?

On the last point, most of the smaller clubs sell their own tickets. So how would a loyalty scheme be of any use in that case anyway?

The club introduced the points scheme with good intentions but without realising that most clubs sold tickets themselves. Not really sure how it’s the clubs fault that most teams have a ticket policy that doesn’t support the use of a loyalty system. There are plenty of things the club can be criticised for, but I don’t think this complete non-issue is one of them.
There were at least three games last season where the points total was needed: Kings Lynn, Wealdstone and Altrincham but the system wasn’t implemented for these games. Had we been contending or had we had some different cup draws there would likely have been more.

I presume more clubs would let us sell tickets if they thought they’d get the revenue in a more timely manner.

One question I'd like posed is, Would SUFC ever consider what Bradford have done with the season ticket pricing? They had over 19,000 for their opener and had over 14,000 season tickets alone sold by mid-June, I can only think this could benefit us massively, large crowds and probably would garner more money from it.

I'm not sure it's a model I would ever advocate. Large crowds, yet. Optimal levels of revenue? Hardly. It certainly isn't delivering improvement for them.

There were at least three games last season where the points total was needed: Kings Lynn, Wealdstone and Altrincham but the system wasn’t implemented for these games. Had we been contending or had we had some different cup draws there would likely have been more.

I presume more clubs would let us sell tickets if they thought they’d get the revenue in a more timely manner.

Precisely. At least if they sell the tickets themselves they know there won’t be “an issue” with Southend when they come to ask for their money to be paid. 🤔

Precisely. At least if they sell the tickets themselves they know there won’t be “an issue” with Southend when they come to ask for their money to be paid. 🤔
Yes, especially when you are unable to attend the ticket office and they insist they have to send the tickets out to you at extra cost and get lost.

Much better for the away clubs to sell the tickets to us, much fairer, ie no season ticket holder bias etc.

Dorking will be a struggle as well as Maidstone so first come first served seems the fairest way.

It was a crappy system, terribly implemented and Southend United do not even have the common courtesy to let supporters know that it has now been scrapped. Instead we need to find out from sarcastic itk posters which it never affected in the first place.

Yes, especially when you are unable to attend the ticket office and they insist they have to send the tickets out to you at extra cost and get lost.

The club never insisted tickets had to be sent out at extra cost. That was an option supporters could choose to take up. As a season card holder living out of the area I collected from the home club on several occasions away tickets purchased from Southend.

Would be interesting to find out why the Away loyalty scheme was disbanded.
I would say because it did not work, logistical nightmare as a lot of NL Clubs want to sell directly to away fans. Sending in tickets to allocate points did not always happen and probably saved a lot of time, money and staff trying to police it all. Hence ticket office now 11am to 4pm. Easier now for the free for all to buy directly from the away club for every game.

Last edited:
If you will take my advice, I would circulate them again and say that you will be publishing on a certain date if there are no further amendments.

Yeah noted. Its Ken who has them and as it was my first meeting I didn't make a copy though I have notes.

Bit disappointing really.

Back