• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Supporters Liaison Meeting 02/08/2022

Two boring ones from me but:
- Can the row numbers be painted back on the walkways of the East Greens? (perhaps elsewhere too)
- Can clear seat numbers be painted onto East Greens seats? Currently they feature two sets of numbers causing confusion to non-STHs (again, perhaps elsewhere too)

Really don't fancy another season being a steward for the people near me.

- Can the row numbers be painted back on the walkways of the East Greens? (perhaps elsewhere too)
- Can clear seat numbers be painted onto East Greens seats? Currently they feature two sets of numbers causing confusion to non-STHs (again, perhaps elsewhere too)

Yeah I think that's a wider issue as I spotted that at the Gills game. Will ask.

Afternoon all.

There is a supporters liaison meeting tomorrow evening. If you have anything you'd like raised, please post in the thread below and we'll ask what we can.

Cheers,

Matt
Not sure what is appropriate or not to be included but keen to know:

- If Jake Hyde’s deal has a recall?
- Updated timescale for the various stages of Fossetts, in particular next stage of the training ground and if the David Beckham dome is part of that?
- Given our business this season an indication of current vs allocated budget?
- A comment regarding Lopata / other centre half on loan so we can put this endless conversation to bed
- Season tickets sold this year so far ?

Thanks 🙏

Not sure what is appropriate or not to be included but keen to know:

- If Jake Hyde’s deal has a recall?
- Updated timescale for the various stages of Fossetts, in particular next stage of the training ground and if the David Beckham dome is part of that?
- Given our business this season an indication of current vs allocated budget?
- A comment regarding Lopata / other centre half on loan so we can put this endless conversation to bed
- Season tickets sold this year so far ?

Thanks 🙏

Thanks. Unlikely (I think) to answer any questions re players/finances. More facilities/tickets etc

I think its already well established that the dome is part of the development.

Will ask about tickets.

One question I'd like posed is, Would SUFC ever consider what Bradford have done with the season ticket pricing? They had over 19,000 for their opener and had over 14,000 season tickets alone sold by mid-June, I can only think this could benefit us massively, large crowds and probably would garner more money from it.

At the Palace game the row numbers were identified in white. Seat number ID would help.

Absolutely this! We were among a large throng of loanees to the East Stand for the Gills friendly who were milling about trying to work out which row of seats was which. Almost always the only two ways to work it out were either to count back from the front row or ask someone else in the hopes that they had already done the countback. The first person we asked hadn’t counted but had guessed and was hoping for the best!

Can we make sure all of the pigeon poop is washed off the seats? Went to the gillingham friendly and my seat was like the pavement in Trafalgar Square before the banned the pigeon food stalls
Ditto - I had to clean my own seat last season and the amount of pigeon poo on the floor was awful to stand in.
This may seem trivial to others but for me it is a real issue

Ditto - I had to clean my own seat last season and the amount of pigeon poo on the floor was awful to stand in.
This may seem trivial to others but for me it is a real issue
K row East greens is filthy with pigeon poo.

There has been obvious focus on the football department. Does the club believe that focus can be put into other parts of the football club yet or is there still more to do before we can focus in other areas?

One question I'd like posed is, Would SUFC ever consider what Bradford have done with the season ticket pricing? They had over 19,000 for their opener and had over 14,000 season tickets alone sold by mid-June, I can only think this could benefit us massively, large crowds and probably would garner more money from it.

This would never work for southend because we get good gates at this level. If we dropped it to say £149 like Bradford we could only ever sell 8000 max and would likely achieve the same or less financially than the current season cards, but without the ability for matchday sales.

Bradford holds 27,000 so they can get 14000 season cards and still have plenty of scope to sell on the day for the bigger games.

It may be feasible at fossetts to try and get bigger gates in

This would never work for southend because we get good gates at this level. If we dropped it to say £149 like Bradford we could only ever sell 8000 max and would likely achieve the same or less financially than the current season cards, but without the ability for matchday sales.

Bradford holds 27,000 so they can get 14000 season cards and still have plenty of scope to sell on the day for the bigger games.

It may be feasible at fossetts to try and get bigger gates in
That is a fair enough point in terms of Roots Hall, the 'ever' part was more sway for future seasons beyond Roots Hall. Its a model that just looks intriguing and too see it play a possible part in movement up the leagues would be interesting too - of course its just a question proposal 🙂

Back