• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is pretty low level, but can you ask whether the men's toilets in the west stand have had anything approaching a make-over ready for this season. I was in the East stand for the Brighton friendly and was astonished to find that the toilet there had hot water, it was clean and didn't smell anything like the West stand bogs did last season. It maybe that the club have done the biz, and to be fair, they did do a lot of work on the Ladies. Sorry it sounds a bit petty.

No it doesn't, it's fair comment. A decent level of hygiene should be expected in this day and age. Having said that, it might help if some didn't behave like animals and tried urinating in the urinals.

There shouldn't actually be any need for water or dryers in the loos as they are all supposed to be fitted with anti bac hand spray!

There shouldn't actually be any need for water or dryers in the loos as they are all supposed to be fitted with anti bac hand spray!

I think you said that towards the end of last season. I still had to wipe my hands on Iron Shrimper's shirt.

Why not just march away supporters straight off coaches and into the ground. That's what they used to do at Sunderland, everyone bitched about it, the police couldn't have gave a monkeys about the bitching and potential trouble was contained before it had a chance to develop.

A full set of minutes will be published as soon as they are agreed.

A few highlights

The Blue Boar closure was not connected to any action by either the police or council. The police have liaised with the Plough which will be the designated away pub. It was used last season when the Boar reached capacity.

There has been work done around the ground to make improvements. This does include the west side toilets (some but not all) and there is some on-going work being done on the refreshment outlets. No mention of onions, but there was some mention of chicken. I think we may be seeing some different items on the menu!

The club are very excited about the prospect for the coming season given the quality of the signings we've made. We've sold 2990 season tickets to date, which is 13% up on the day before the beginning of last season. A lot of work has gone into advertising the club around the town and there was a very successful phone around of lapsed season ticket holders. Blackburn have sold 1200 for Saturday, with an additional 300 expected on the day.

There has been an increase in the cost of a "walk up" ticket from £2 to £3. This is mainly to encourage people to buy in advance. The number of walk up sales is causing logistical problems.

Lots of work is going into Junior Blues and involvement with local schools.

The MyRoots Campaign will be kicking off very soon, and this is aimed at the next generation of fans.

Oh, and the Group got a new Chair.

A few highlights

The Blue Boar closure was not connected to any action by either the police or council. The police have liaised with the Plough which will be the designated away pub. It was used last season when the Boar reached capacity.

There has been work done around the ground to make improvements. This does include the west side toilets (some but not all) and there is some on-going work being done on the refreshment outlets. No mention of onions, but there was some mention of chicken. I think we may be seeing some different items on the menu!

The club are very excited about the prospect for the coming season given the quality of the signings we've made. We've sold 2990 season tickets to date, which is 13% up on the day before the beginning of last season. A lot of work has gone into advertising the club around the town and there was a very successful phone around of lapsed season ticket holders. Blackburn have sold 1200 for Saturday, with an additional 300 expected on the day.

There has been an increase in the cost of a "walk up" ticket from £2 to £3. This is mainly to encourage people to buy in advance. The number of walk up sales is causing logistical problems.

The MyRoots Campaign will be kicking off very soon, and this is aimed at the next generation of fans.

Are you sure that's not 3990 I'm sure the club said 3,700 sold not so long ago?

A few highlights

New Chair ? There was nothing wrong with the plastic seat from last time .

Pray tell, whom ?

The Plough? Jesus, that's going to be dreadful for all the fans coming down West Rd, especially with the big away followings like Blackburn and Portsmouth.

Thank God Millwall went up.

From the Plough the Police ought to direct them, the away fans, along London Road and then up Vic Av.
Failing that they need to be more of a presence in West Rd, and Fairfax junctions with Shaekspeare; mind you it would require a few things for that to work; primarily plod to have a clue of what was where and half an interest in anything other than chatting to their mate or checking yjeir phone.:sad:

Clarity...... whilst I may be going deaf...... my notes say "2990", but on reflection a less specific figure in the 3000s was mentioned in passing later in the meeting.

think the important figure to note is UP BY 13%.

A few highlights

I thought the club said they had sold well over 3000 season cards.

Are you sure that's not 3990 I'm sure the club said 3,700 sold not so long ago?

If you go to Chris's ticket thing select the Rochdale game it shows 4,561 home tickets sold already. If we have only sold 2,990 season tickets then that means over 1,500 non season tickets sold for this game already - which is extremely unlikely.

Was anything mentioned re the telly's in the West Stand ?As last season they weren't working properly

This is pretty low level, but can you ask whether the men's toilets in the west stand have had anything approaching a make-over ready for this season. I was in the East stand for the Brighton friendly and was astonished to find that the toilet there had hot water, it was clean and didn't smell anything like the West stand bogs did last season. It maybe that the club have done the biz, and to be fair, they did do a lot of work on the Ladies. Sorry it sounds a bit petty.

Just seen a sneak preview of new West Stand gents bogs, this must be the WOW signing PB mentioned !

admirals-club-9.jpg

Apologies, the number of season ticket sales for this season is 3780. Figure clarified overnight by SUFC.

It'd had been a long day and I'd obviously disengaged my brain briefly.

From the Plough the Police ought to direct them, the away fans, along London Road and then up Vic Av.
Failing that they need to be more of a presence in West Rd, and Fairfax junctions with Shaekspeare; mind you it would require a few things for that to work; primarily plod to have a clue of what was where and half an interest in anything other than chatting to their mate or checking yjeir phone.:sad:
That's quite a bit further - Plough to away end via West Road 0.8m, Plough to away end via Vic Ave 1.8 miles.
I would think the Police would want away fans in the ground as quick as possible

Why not just march away supporters straight off coaches and into the ground. That's what they used to do at Sunderland, everyone bitched about it, the police couldn't have gave a monkeys about the bitching and potential trouble was contained before it had a chance to develop.

Would you like being forced on a coach and marched into a ground when travelling away to a small third division club? No thanks. Those days are gone and rightly so.

Back