• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No.

However, not being resident in the West it's not something I would spot myself.

The next meeting is early October, and I'll be asking for comment before then. Drop me a line and I'll happily raise it.

Maybe those it's relevant to can look Saturday to determine if the problem's been fixed? I know I sit in the West but never even seen the TVs!

Remind me how these meetings differ, other than in the attendees, from those Shrimpers Trust Liaison meetings, the minutes of which appear from time to time. Do you have different terms of reference and objectives ?

Are you serious?

Agreed - what the ****? antibacterial hand gel isn't an alternative for washing hands, it's a convenient second best option. Surely a toilet without water/dryers is breaching some building regs/health and safety requirement.

If I had to walk from the Plough to the away end at Roots Hall I would walk down West Street, Shakespeare Drive and then Fairfax Drive. If away fans are to walk that way I would hope there would be at least some police presence outside the entrance to the West Stand in Shakespeare Drive or preferably directed on a slightly different route
You're being silly here! They couldn't walk down Shakespeare-it's a one way street!Theyd have to go down Gainsborugh-one way in the right direction!
A more frequent danger in Shakespeare is the lunatics who try to drive up it ,through the crowds, immediately after the match finishes

You're being silly here! They couldn't walk down Shakespeare-it's a one way street!Theyd have to go down Gainsborugh-one way in the right direction!
A more frequent danger in Shakespeare is the lunatics who try to drive up it ,through the crowds, immediately after the match finishes

This morning the road was closed, as was Fairfax Drive at junction of P.Chase to vehicles as it is being resurfaced, should be finished tomorrow BUT the weather seems to have put it all behind plans.
The boys school looks to be clearing its gates area so that car parking area MAY be available.

Hopefully police shut the road this year outside west, especially after witnessing one of the many incidents of idiot drivers

This for reply have raised this before when similar posts were raised but nothing materialised.Will check it out and let you unless someone else does it first.Frankly the tv are a wast of time in there current state

They're far less troublesome and by far the easy option for places like football grounds! Certainly been to plenty that only offer that option.

It's the same at big events like RIAT. I've lived in far worse conditions and survived. I think I can live without soap and use hand sanitizer over a period of a couple of hours without dying!

Would you like being forced on a coach and marched into a ground when travelling away to a small third division club? No thanks. Those days are gone and rightly so.

That's why I mentioned it, I experienced exactly that at Sunderland. Might not be the best idea ever but no worse than say, oh I dunno, encouraging away fans to walk straight through the middle of home supporters with a belly full of beer.

They're far less troublesome and by far the easy option for places like football grounds! Certainly been to plenty that only offer that option.

I got hot running water, liquid soap and an electric hand dryer in the East Stand, and it smelt of something flowery which the West Stand gents can never have claimed to. The smell in the gents by the entrance is unique!!!

I got hot running water, liquid soap and an electric hand dryer in the East Stand, and it smelt of something flowery which the West Stand gents can never have claimed to. The smell in the gents by the entrance is unique!!!

Obviously for a friendly they didn't have the little man with the aftershaves like we get in the East for league games.

That's nothing. In the South Upper, we get the wee man with the aftershaves, and he hands you a steamed towel to dry your hands, and offers a shoeshine.

Great idea. Would be great to employ more Africans, lets hope Micky G vets his playlist for any offending lyrics.

Remind me how these meetings differ, other than in the attendees, from those Shrimpers Trust Liaison meetings, the minutes of which appear from time to time. Do you have different terms of reference and objectives ?

That'll teach me to ask a serious question. Perhaps if I'd focused on aftershave, shoeshines and antibacterial hand gel I'd have got a reply !

Really? I can't recall ever going to a ground where only antibac gel was offered.

Fundamentally, antibac gel isn't as effective as cleaning hands with soap and water and so it's pretty grim/troubling to hear the club going down this route. It'll make me think twice about spending longer at RH or consuming food.

Back