• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
Fellow Zoners

Aside from reading the daily fun and frivolity of the new kit thread this summer, I also found myself on the Supporters Group representing Shrimperzone.

I will be attending a meeting tomorrow. Having had a wee chattette with Cockle43 (who is handily in Scotland) to get some background we both believe the major talking point will be the situation outside the ground before and after kick off. The police will now be allowed to speak about the events of the Cambridge match.

The matter is further complicated by the closure of the Blue Boar and away fans being directed to the Plough.

i'd appreciate any sensible thoughts you may have on how away fans should be handled this season. I've read the Simon Dobbin thread so understand that there is a strong view that the police should have been more pro-active before the game started and I'll happily feed that back.

If there is anything else on this subject, or any other (bar onions) you would like me to raise can you please either drop me a PM or put it in this thread.

I'll report back on here after the meeting and will ensure that next meeting I give you slightly more time for communication.

Fellow Zoners

Aside from reading the daily fun and frivolity of the new kit thread this summer, I also found myself on the Supporters Group representing Shrimperzone.

I will be attending a meeting tomorrow. Having had a wee chattette with Cockle43 (who is handily in Scotland) to get some background we both believe the major talking point will be the situation outside the ground before and after kick off. The police will now be allowed to speak about the events of the Cambridge match.

The matter is further complicated by the closure of the Blue Boar and away fans being directed to the Plough.

i'd appreciate any sensible thoughts you may have on how away fans should be handled this season. I've read the Simon Dobbin thread so understand that there is a strong view that the police should have been more pro-active before the game started and I'll happily feed that back.

If there is anything else on this subject, or any other (bar onions) you would like me to raise can you please either drop me a PM or put it in this thread.

I'll report back on here after the meeting and will ensure that next meeting I give you slightly more time for communication.

This is pretty low level, but can you ask whether the men's toilets in the west stand have had anything approaching a make-over ready for this season. I was in the East stand for the Brighton friendly and was astonished to find that the toilet there had hot water, it was clean and didn't smell anything like the West stand bogs did last season. It maybe that the club have done the biz, and to be fair, they did do a lot of work on the Ladies. Sorry it sounds a bit petty.

This is pretty low level, but can you ask whether the men's toilets in the west stand have had anything approaching a make-over ready for this season. I was in the East stand for the Brighton friendly and was astonished to find that the toilet there had hot water, it was clean and didn't smell anything like the West stand bogs did last season. It maybe that the club have done the biz, and to be fair, they did do a lot of work on the Ladies. Sorry it sounds a bit petty.

Echo this. There are clumps of something in the West toilets that have been stuck on the floor for years. I dred to think what it is

Sounds like you agree what Ironshrimper said about them a few years back...

Why the plough? Surely one in the Town centre would make sense? Especially for those on the train

Could you ask the club what they'd like supporters to be actively doing to support the current FF planning application, if anything?

The Plough? Jesus, that's going to be dreadful for all the fans coming down West Rd, especially with the big away followings like Blackburn and Portsmouth.

Thank God Millwall went up.

If I had to walk from the Plough to the away end at Roots Hall I would walk down West Street, Shakespeare Drive and then Fairfax Drive. If away fans are to walk that way I would hope there would be at least some police presence outside the entrance to the West Stand in Shakespeare Drive or preferably directed on a slightly different route

I wonder if the Club might consider putting in a kind of supporters drinking bar for those with larger (or hostile) away followings within the North Bank end?

If I had to walk from the Plough to the away end at Roots Hall I would walk down West Street, Shakespeare Drive and then Fairfax Drive. If away fans are to walk that way I would hope there would be at least some police presence outside the entrance to the West Stand in Shakespeare Drive or preferably directed on a slightly different route

I think that's the last road you would want them walking down, especially after all the trouble there against Luton.

I wonder if the Club might consider putting in a kind of supporters drinking bar for those with larger (or hostile) away followings within the North Bank end?

I agree, I thought that it might be an idea to have a beer marquee (like Wycombe) it could be erected by the gate between the North and East which would mean that not only could the club make some extra cash through beer and food sales but it would block the gate and keep the away supporters from the home fans after the game.

I agree, I thought that it might be an idea to have a beer marquee (like Wycombe) it could be erected by the gate between the North and East which would mean that not only could the club make some extra cash through beer and food sales but it would block the gate and keep the away supporters from the home fans after the game.

Realistically though how many fans does the Blue Boar hold anyway? It's not a big place. Maybe 70-100? Most away fans I suspect, or the ones with anything about them anyway, surely head to the seafront or town centre before a match at Roots Hall. I can't see loads heading to the Plough when it's just as easy to stay on the train to Southend Central or Victoria and go to a pub in town.

Considering the poor state of these facilities, we as representatives did not consider this as 'low level' and potentially a health and safety risk. The matter was brought up on several occasions at our meetings and put to our Commercial Director Danny Macklin, who agreed to do a tour of the said facilities with me, which included the West stand. Improvements have since started to be made in redecoration plus the addition of hot water, now appreciated by many. We have requested that improvements are continued in order that ALL supporters can benefit, and rest assured we will continue to demand this.

P C Keith Baker, the Football intelligence Officer for Southend has told me he will be in attendance this evening so some of the other matters mentioned above can be addressed.

in terms of toilets in the West, could we maybe have some paper towels or something like that just to help drying hands? not all we need but a start

The main Car park and exit by the Club Shop is an ongoing issue after matches... Impatient car drivers trying to get out through the crowds leaving, I've seen so many near-accidents each week, its frightening. Does a kid have to get knocked over before the club / stewards come up with a suitable solution (i.e. NO cars to leave until the crowds have dispersed, and definitely NO cars to be allowed into the car park at that time... we're talking 5-10 mins at most)?
Please can this be raised.

Come off it. You ruffians in the West love wiping your hands on your dungarees.

Better than sticking our hands under our arses instead of clapping like you East chaps.:winking: (If you sit in the South Upper TSNB let me know and I will happily re-work this insult.)

Considering the poor state of these facilities, we as representatives did not consider this as 'low level' and potentially a health and safety risk. The matter was brought up on several occasions at our meetings and put to our Commercial Director Danny Macklin, who agreed to do a tour of the said facilities with me, which included the West stand. Improvements have since started to be made in redecoration plus the addition of hot water, now appreciated by many. We have requested that improvements are continued in order that ALL supporters can benefit, and rest assured we will continue to demand this.

P C Keith Baker, the Football intelligence Officer for Southend has told me he will be in attendance this evening so some of the other matters mentioned above can be addressed.

I meant low level to mean that it wasn't about something dangerously wrong with the stand structure.

Better than sticking our hands under our arses instead of clapping like you East chaps.:winking: (If you sit in the South Upper TSNB let me know and I will happily re-work this insult.)

I can't afford the seaso at the moment, so go to games when I can to be honest. I can use my mates seaso when he's away. I Sit in both the East and South Upper. South Upper is my favourite when I can get a seat there. The East do clap, but there seems to be a lot shouting insults down to Phil Brown when things aren't going right, Lol. Then there's Dagenham Kev who will scream all sorts of things at Phil Brown when we are winning, and cheers him and the team when we are losing. He is a good chap, but he has opposite syndrome among other things. Phil Brown looks up sometimes totally gobsmacked. Yep, strange goings on in the East.

I can't afford the seaso at the moment, so go to games when I can to be honest. I can use my mates seaso when he's away. I Sit in both the East and South Upper. South Upper is my favourite when I can get a seat there. The East do clap, but there seems to be a lot shouting insults down to Phil Brown when things aren't going right, Lol. Then there's Dagenham Kev who will scream all sorts of things at Phil Brown when we are winning, and cheers him and the team when we are losing. He is a good chap, but he has opposite syndrome among other things. Phil Brown looks up sometimes totally gobsmacked. Yep, strange goings on in the East.

You just have to be bloody awkward don't you. Just pretend you sit in the East for the purposes of my insult then ok?:winking:

Back