• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Supporters Meeting

Stan has inside knowledge as too what is happening at the club which he is willing to let us fans know about he is to be congratulated not slaged off.I dont of any other ex players willing to help out beware he could decide that he has enough and leave.So think about it he trying to help not hinder
Certainly no slagging off from me just more questioning the timing. The finances of the club and the role of the football department are ultimately linked. Eg Stan and John identify targets.... and then what... nothing can happen at the moment.. Club statement re timing of loan and when HMRC will be cleared firstly, then confirmation of clearance and removal of embargo. Then a supporters meeting to discuss all matters football dept related in the knowledge that we can progress with Stan’s plans...

Cheers Stan, but nothing regarding sufc existences from 1st March. We are still fanbase without answers! Martin out!

Stan has inside knowledge as too what is happening at the club which he is willing to let us fans know about he is to be congratulated not slaged off.I dont of any other ex players willing to help out beware he could decide that he has enough and leave.So think about it he trying to help not hinder

Eh??? Who has slagged him off? Some people (myself included) are questioning the timing right now, thats hardly slagging someone off.

Lots of fellow fans on here seem to be complaining that others are persisting with so called doom posts and comments.

It is entirely understandable that many of us are sickened to see what has happened to our club. How much worse can things get before some people stop giving Ron an easy ride.

We watch Everton fans holding up banners trying to shame the owners into resigning and/or selling up, they could well succeed.

In the meantime we have endured multiple winding up orders, transfer embargoes, two relegations, loss of EFL status, a not fit for purpose stadium yet people are criticised for wanting to protest!

Throughout history there are numerous examples of where constant protest brings results, American Civil Rights, UK suffragettes etc. Obviously our plight is insignificant compared to these events but the principle is the same.
Sorry can't feel sorry for everton! Can't feel sorry for a prem Club who's owner has pumped millions in and always pays the tax bill and has no history with Hmrc.There situation is completely different to ours! The only reason they are moaning is cause they can't win football matches and can't get the manager right! "Owe I wish we had those kind of problems.

Sorry can't feel sorry for everton! Can't feel sorry for a prem Club who's owner has pumped millions in and always pays the tax bill and has no history with Hmrc.There situation is completely different to ours! The only reason they are moaning is cause they can't win football matches and can't get the manager right! "Owe I wish we had those kind of problems.
Spurs fans calling for Levy out for most of tonights game too. If you go through most clubs you will find alot of them will be unhappy with one of or more of the following - manager, CEO, owner, player(s), parking, ticket prices, food, no onions, toilets, results etc. Big clubs will always get a much bigger reaction to it in the press naturally.

Spurs fans calling for Levy out for most of tonights game too. If you go through most clubs you will find alot of them will be unhappy with one of or more of the following - manager, CEO, owner, player(s), parking, ticket prices, food, no onions, toilets, results etc. Big clubs will always get a much bigger reaction to it in the press naturally.
Yeah awful what Levy’s done, getting them a top class stadium and Champions League football. Got to feel for those poor Spurs fans.

But if SUFC had those problems the club might be in The Essex Senior League by now!

Nothing is black or white in our Southend United world, but do any of you honestly think that Stan would have put this offer out there if there doubt that we had a future?

Just bear in mind that he mentions in his post that he has spoken to Ron, which suggests to me that we have an immediate future (to the end of the season?) and beyond that I can't fathom at the moment. Like I say, not black or white, but if you read the signs 'we go again'.

As @GBJ says, lets give this a go with an open a mind as possible, and without trying to corner Stan into talking money, because he ain't gonna do that.
Or this is being used as deflection to the real issues.

Deflections only work if enough of the listeners are not aware of the real issues. That doesn't seem the case with us. So maybe we listen to some football stuff.
Precisely.

The football and the finance sadly have to be considered as two different things at the moment imo. The worry isnt going away so its a chance to look at the positive side of the club.

A few seasons ago we were also in a financial quagmire but had molesleys ipad 11 getting beaten every week.

At least one half of the club is performing pretty well.

Inside knowledge ? Does he ? Didn't he say he has no dealings with the finances etc, just the playing side ? It's not his remit.

We thank Stan for everything he has and is doing but this is about Ron and getting shot of him, as we have heard nothing since the court case and time is ticking. I believe this is to stop the fans protesting Saturday, well sorry stan that ain’t happening. We support the team and coaches 100%, we have just had enough of Ron Martin.! #martinout

We thank Stan for everything he has and is doing but this is about Ron and getting shot of him, as we have heard nothing since the court case and time is ticking. I believe this is to stop the fans protesting Saturday, well sorry stan that ain’t happening. We support the team and coaches 100%, we have just had enough of Ron Martin.! #martinout
This particular thread is not about getting rid of Martin, it's an offer to the supporters to find out what is going on on the football side of things, which a lot of people would be very interested in!

There are hundreds of Martin Out threads around - this ain't one of em!

I get the feeling that by the time this meeting goes ahead (Think Stan said a fortnight) that things will be sorted on the financial side.

The first thing that Stan mentioned was that he met Ron. Now, I don't know if Stan was told that things will be sorted shortly or not. Though having a supporters meeting to talk about the football department whilst still under embargo sounds a bit strange to me. I would imagine if the embargo wasn't lifted by the time the meeting goes ahead there will be some that will ask questions about financials.

Stan, thanks for taking the time to come on SZ and post. I have a couple questions. Which I think a lot of zone members would like to hear from.

1. Can you confirm you had a conversation with Robert Jobson in late 2021, when you originally come back to the club mid protests and helped make the football side changes, where RM had confirmed to you he was unable to speak to your consortium or sell the club because he does not own the shares, because he has only paid 2 or the 3 £250,000 instalments to Vic Jobson / Vic Jobson estate?

2. When you host this supporters meeting will you be asking fans to not protest? You directly told me in 2021, to continue protesting, it is working in the tunnel in Roots Hall. Then quickly got a job at the football club and asked for the protests to stop. Had they not stopped we may not be in this position now. So is this supporters meeting a way of calming supporters down and asking for no protests? As this seems a well timed post?

3. Has anyone in the footballing department mentioned to you they're concerned they won't have a job come March?

I will add to this, I very much support the work the footballing department and Tom Lawrence is doing and any promotion and positivity surrounding his and the football department I look forward to update you can deliver on this.
Point 2 is very interesting

Back