• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Supporters Meeting

I use my clout and status for the benefit of the club and supporters and only those.

You'll see in due course what that means.

Anyone inside or outside the club that underestimates my ability to affect positive outcomes for the club will just have to watch and see.

You’re good friends with a top onion farmer aren’t you? I knew it!

I use my clout and status for the benefit of the club and supporters and only those.

Anyone inside or outside the club that underestimates my ability to affect positive outcomes for the club will just have to watch and see.

I hope you're right Stan. I really do!

Now, with a statement like that, reading into it what you will.

Let’s all try and think of all positives that that statement could mean,
Instead of all the negatives that we seem to all talk about.

Ha ha, of course it’s not.

It’s deliberately vague - just as Ron has been deliberately vague today with his statement.

The differences are that you trust Stan but not Ron, and Stan wasn’t asked to make a statement but Ron was.

Ps I’m not knocking Stan!
Probably means a diversity drive.

Sz

Melts my heart how much Stan Poor's himself into this club after just a few very memorable months with us 🥰.

As much as meetings regarding the playing side are all well and good it’s really not in my opinion everyone’s concern at the moment, I think on the playing side we are stronger than we have been for a long time. Our worry is off the field so Stan if you can be pushing for what’s happening there I think that would please many
Disagree be great to hear something to cheer us up

Disagree be great to hear something to cheer us up
Yeah totally get and it’s nice to hear positive news but we can’t let that distract us from what’s at stake here with the survival of the club, as much as I had to say it we need to be on our toes should Ron not find this money because if we don’t have a plan or strategy we could be the next Bury FC

Yeah totally get and it’s nice to hear positive news but we can’t let that distract us from what’s at stake here with the survival of the club, as much as I had to say it we need to be on our toes should Ron not find this money because if we don’t have a plan or strategy we could be the next Bury FC
Well if he can’t find the cash we will know very soon as he will sell. Or let the club collapse and hope the council will let him build the flats regardless.

Last edited:
Well if he can’t find the cash we will know very soon as he will sell. Or let the club collapse and hope the council will let him build the flats regardless.

We know you aren't a fan of SUFC. Words like capitalist in your posts leak your real agenda. You have stated you don't want a new stadium, the houses or the airport reopening etc.

You probably don't even live in the area. Not that i'm bothered as there are others on here fooling the mob.....But I am still waiting for the proof of that bizarre claim you made about Ron.....The one about girls in some local woods.

You did say you would post the link?

Last edited:
Has anything progressed on this meeting ..the post was a couple of weeks ago which indicated it would now be imminent?

Where is Stan when we need him? I thought I would be able by now to have attended a meeting with Stan as the front man to discuss all things football about Southend United.

Where is Stan when we need him? I thought I would be able by now to have attended a meeting with Stan as the front man to discuss all things football about Southend United.

He is to busy interviewing Sean Dyche and writing articles about billionaire owners..

Before anyone (and Stan) bites, whilst I’m mocking.. believe me when I say that isn’t an attempt at abusing or whatever, I’m simply frustrating as I’m sure everyone else is at this moment in time and unfortunately for Stan, he is someone from the club in which the ordinary folk like myself can communicate with but it seems even he has gone quite this last week or so.

I’m simply frustrating

Agreed.

He is to busy interviewing Sean Dyche and writing articles about billionaire owners..

Before anyone (and Stan) bites, whilst I’m mocking.. believe me when I say that isn’t an attempt at abusing or whatever, I’m simply frustrating as I’m sure everyone else is at this moment in time and unfortunately for Stan, he is someone from the club in which the ordinary folk like myself can communicate with but it seems even he has gone quite this last week or so.

****ing hell. How many times do folk need to be told that he can't and won't comment on anything other than the FOOTBALL side of the business?

Agreed.

****ing hell. How many times do folk need to be told that he can't and won't comment on anything other than the FOOTBALL side of the business?

Again, that wasn’t a direct attack on Stan. I know it isn’t within his remit to talk about the financial side of stuff but he hasn’t been doing a lot of speaking about anything of late, at least a conversation about possible ideas for next year etc would give me some hope that Stan has been told to prepare for next season and beyond.

Back