• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JB Shrimper

Youth Team
As we have a very attacking midfield (in Grant, Simpson, Hall and or Soares) this is going to lead to us being short in the defensive area. I know we have Easton and now Timlin but when I watched Torquay at the Hall I barely noticed him.

This is sometimes the mark of a good player, how understated could Maher be at times.

We seem to score goals so that in my opinion is not the problem. What we need is somebody to sit in front of Mohsni to give him less chance of making a mistake.

I could be wrong but thats how I see it!!

You won't notice a holding midfielder, that's kind of the point... Easton's in the side to offer the defence a simple ball out while breaking up attacks and, when he's in the side, that's precisely what he does.

Saturday's display was the fault of a shambolic defence that was too easily pulled out of position, not the absence of Michael Essien.

I think Bouzid is a defensive minded midfield player, how far away he is from being in the first team I don't know.

What we need most is a defensive unit that knows what they are doing, who they are meant to be marking and communicates.

Unfortunately as they have been thrown together in a very short space of time, they look incapable of doing any of the above thus far. Resulting in a shocking amount of poorly conceeded goals.

I don't think any introduction of a more defensive minded midfielder will solve this problem. The coaching staff have a massive job on their hands and to be quite frank, the defenders need to pull their ****ing fingers out and get back to basics. Shipping 3 goals at home to Port Vale and Morecambe is not acceptable.

I can agree with that.

My main point is that the forward line is doing it's job. Just becuase the Forwards may not be scoring loads, they have helped to create thus it's further back we need to be looking or even (dare I say it) play a little (not much) more defence minded!

Back