• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

See this in echo shame but no surprise so hard for clubs like ourselves to hold onto promising youngsters when bigger clubs come calling.

We really do develop some great local talent but as others have said it is hard to keep hold of them when the big boys come calling.
One positive is that we got money upfront from this and will get more money in the future in add-ons.

Best of luck to the lad.

That's just it - I would not call Forest 'big boys' anymore - on par with Bolton who sadly look about to snuff it any day......

We really do develop some great local talent but as others have said it is hard to keep hold of them when the big boys come calling.
One positive is that we got money upfront from this and will get more money in the future in add-ons.

Best of luck to the lad.

He appears to be from Croydon so not that local.

Still, the club will benefit from any success he has, so we should indeed wish him all the best.

That's just it - I would not call Forest 'big boys' anymore - on par with Bolton who sadly look about to snuff it any day......
I agree with you Forest are not the team they once were but to most players of all ages would still be a more attractive option than us currently

Good luck to him, to me this just shows our youth system & recruitment is working. Earning money from bigger teams poaching young talent is just as helpful as producing youngsters for our first team, and we've been doing both in recent years.

Apparently after reading all the comments about Dan Bentley. He said if that's what happens if you become the best ever player to come through our youth system. Then I'm off to a club where the fans might appreciate good talent.

There's not enough players around these days called Keith .... 2 of my favourite players were Keith Mercer ( short,solid , stocky striker ) & Keith Jones (best passer and longest arms ive ever seen )

are there any others ??? .....

There's not enough players around these days called Keith .... 2 of my favourite players were Keith Mercer ( short,solid , stocky striker ) & Keith Jones (best passer and longest arms ive ever seen )

Keith Jones was by far my favourite ex-Chelsea player we had called Keith.

The player you must be looking for is Joe Keith.he played for Col U and other league clubs and has been appearing on and alongside the pitch for years at loads of local non league clubs notably East Thurrock.

I heard that we once tried to sign Penelope Keith.

Back