• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Surreal ?

footymad13

Is it just me that finds all this a tad surreal, talking about promotion and Notts Forest. Talking about the Championship and who we are gonna buy. Not having to go to $%&* holes like Carlisle, Macclesfield and Orient.

It's like a dream ...

blues.gif

add orient and west ham to get relegated next season as well to that dream

although this is def a reality
smile.gif

It's sunk in with me now - good riddance to that tin-pot league, I truly hope we never go back.

Just had a quick tot up That was our longest sequence in any divison since the 7 years we spent in Div 3 between the 58/59 and 65/66 relegation season (before that we had spent 35 years in Div 3 south)

Ww have been promoted 6 times (and relegated 6 times as well) and have never finished lower than 14th in the higher divison the next season

If history is anything to go by we are likely to be changing divisions soon as we have had 12 changes in Division in 39 seasons.

Hold onto your hat !!1

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 02 2005,13:43)]Is it just me that finds all this a tad surreal, talking about promotion and Notts Forest. Talking about the Championship and who we are gonna buy. Not having to go to $%&* holes like Carlisle, Macclesfield and Orient.

It's like a dream ...

blues.gif
True.

But an even better dream would be to see the Russian $%&* pull the financial rug from under Chelsea's feet, Glazer to destroy Man U (though sadly he'll just extend it's global branding into the US and its financial worth) and Ashburton Grove to suffer an earthquake only for Arsenal to find out they aren't insured.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ June 02 2005,14:13)]Just had a quick tot up That was our longest sequence in any divison since the 7 years we spent in Div 3 between the 58/59 and 65/66 relegation season (before that we had spent 35 years in Div 3 south)

Ww have been promoted 6 times (and relegated 6 times as well) and have never finished lower than 14th in the higher divison the next season

If history is anything to go by we are likely to be changing divisions soon as we have had 12 changes in Division in 39 seasons.

Hold onto your hat !!1
Mr. C - was our 7 year stay that has just ended the longest we've ever spent in the bottom flight since regionalisation ended (i.e. since Div 4 was formed)?

rock.gif

If so, thank heavens it's over...

upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ June 02 2005,13:47)]I like Macclesfield and our little jaunt across slumsville to Orient. Also Barnet and Wycombe.
Yes! how dare they get promoted.
rock.gif

mad.gif
I will miss the food at Kiddy though.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ June 02 2005,14:57)]Yep

66/67 to 71/72 6 years div 4
76/77 to 77-78 2 years Div 4
80/81 1 year Div 4
84/85 to 89/90 4 years Div 4
98/99 to 04/05 7 years div 4
Thanks for that, Mr. C. Crumbs... this little sojourn, started off by everyone's chum - Alvin "The Chipmunk" Martin - truly has been the darkest period in our history...

down.gif
ghostface.gif

Thank goodness it's over!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 02 2005,15:15)]Thanks for that, Mr. C.  Crumbs... this little sojourn, started off by everyone's chum - Alvin "The Chipmunk" Martin - truly has been the darkest period in our history...

down.gif

ghostface.gif

Thank goodness it's over!

biggrin.gif
No credit really, just Robins excellent database and a quick excel calc

Of those 12 ups and downs I have been lucky (unlucky?) enough to witness 11 of them this has probably been the most stressfull.....

Strange coincidence the First Relegation we were managed by an Alvan with a Christian name for a surname (Williams) for the last (Latest) we were managed by Alvin Martin
Send out for Mulder and Scully

Back