• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suspended 3 point deduction and a £7,500 fine

I know this rather a daft question but is it a point deduction from this or next season?

The points deduction is effective immediately, from the moment we breach the rules again.

So if we failed to pay them at any point during the remainder of this season, we’d get it for this season.

If we fail to pay them within the first six months of the start of new season (whenever that is), the deduction will apply to that season.

Not quite sure what happens If we breach the rules this season, and next season, but I wouldn’t imagine it’d be pleasant.

I know the 2009/10 season seems a long time ago, but we can’t just pretend it didn’t happen..... as it appears the Disciplinary Commission have done.

Skin of our teeth situation, again, although we’re not out of the woods yet though.

The "Disciplinary Commission" appears to comprise one man - Raj Parker. He was Chair of the FA Panel that approved Wimbledon's move to Milton Keynes.

I wonder if Ron will withhold payment of wages "accidentally" to get the points deduction this season and get it out the way?

It would be totally stupid to do as next time(and there probably will be a next time!) They'd come done on us like a ton of bricks.
Agree next time they would but it would still be stupid to push it and try and get 3 points out of the way.

If as the findings say this is the only 2 times in 22 years then leave it as that

Reactions: GBJ
The "Disciplinary Commission" appears to comprise one man - Raj Parker. He was Chair of the FA Panel that approved Wimbledon's move to Milton Keynes.

Ahh, say no more.

I wouldn’t dare question his integrity.

I wonder if Ron will withhold payment of wages "accidentally" to get the points deduction this season and get it out the way?

I get what you mean, but as the others have mentioned above, it’s not really a case of getting it out of the way.

The more cases we have building up against our name, the worse our future punishments will be... and I do fear we will face these problems again, sooner rather than later.

We’ve got off very lightly today. We can consider it a win tbh.

I advise full reading of the document- very enlightening and will avoid any wrong assumptions

On my part I have argued that a points deduction for non payment of players was currently not a sanction. I was not correct as in the ruling it suggests part of the points penalties for Bolton and Macclesfield did indeed relate to non-payment. The threshold was however persistent and deliberate non payment associated with financial mismanagement.

The ruling points out these were the first charges brought for a financial breach in the 22 years Ron has been chairman.

Contrary to what was suggested at the time the club unlike others took no loans from the PFA or EFL and settled the wages in on the following 10 and 18/19 days respectively

Many will be shocked no doubt by many of the independent panels positive comments regarding how well the club is run financially.

I thought the points deduction was likely if not pretty much nailed on for the unregistered player- but just s small fine.

As you would expect the EFL’s judgement about what is far and appropriate was dismissed as unfair and disproportionate.

Read the whole thing- if you believed before hand the EFL were a shocking shower not a lot will change your view. BTW bit of a glaring error in there- it says we have 21 points to play for its 27 (maybe the EFL just arrogantly assuming their 6 point reduction would be agreed with? we have 9 games to play?).

The interesting thing now is the the EFL seem to think paying late for cash flow should be a points deduction- this month and next a number of EFL clubs will be late with wages- the EFL will by their own weak arguments in this case be needing to bring misconduct charges in all cases. No doubt they would like to see many clubs having deductions or starting on a minus points total. Will they act consistently and with integrity or will they face all ways again.

For those worried about the suspended points deduction perhaps the fact that this is it now appears the only time in the last 22 years we have actually been late with wages, and given the recapitalisation of the club going forward, I would suggest their are many other clubs who will be more at risk than us.

As I say do take the time to read it in full- it is worth it.

PS it was Mitchell-Nelson (19 year old loaned to Harlow Town)

I have read it in full and I must say that I hadn't realised that Ron Martin has achieved sainthood

I have read it in full and I must say that I hadn't realised that Ron Martin has achieved sainthood
Clearly after 22 years of unblemished financial management he has it would appear.

All joking aside the EFL suggestion was idiotic and short sighted. 6 points for being a couple of weeks late paying wages for two months for the first time in 22 years. As the ruling said unfair and disproportionate- and the idiots at the EFL wanting to set that precedent at this time shows a lack of awareness on a biblical scale. Idiots. Rod for back somewhat me thinks.

For all those saying RM runs the club badly seems like the panel of people who handed down the fine and 6 mths suspended sentence disagree with you all ,they said how well RM has run the club .

Clearly after 22 years of unblemished financial management he has it would appear.

All joking aside the EFL suggestion was idiotic and short sighted. 6 points for being a couple of weeks late paying wages for two months for the first time in 22 years. As the ruling said unfair and disproportionate- and the idiots at the EFL wanting to set that precedent at this time shows a lack of awareness on a biblical scale. Idiots. Rod for back somewhat me thinks.

For the second time in this thread, I’m pointing out to you, that this is not the first time in 22-years that we’ve paid wages late.

2009/10 saw us lose all but four players, after the majority of the squad activated clauses in their contracts to leave the club, due to unfulfillment of wages.

For all those saying RM runs the club badly seems like the panel of people who handed down the fine and 6 mths suspended sentence disagree with you all ,they said how well RM has run the club .

17(?) winding up orders in 10(?) years, would suggest otherwise.

What GBJ said. Ron obviously has some comprimising photos of the EFL & some farmyard animals.

For the second time in this thread, I’m pointing out to you, that this is not the first time in 22-years that we’ve paid wages late.

2009/10 saw us lose all but four players, after the majority of the squad activated clauses in their contracts to leave the club, due to unfulfillment of wages.

OK apologies I think- perhaps I should have better said the first time that the club in 22 years has been charged with any such offence or indeed any other financial offence. That at least is a fact it would now appear.

In doing so it would appear Ron broke no EFL rules that would result in any disciplinary action.

Ron has treated HMRC very badly very often, using them as a bank to cover cash flow requirements. Some will feel for them. However, as also discussed many times unlike many clubs we also have never gone into administration. And again we have never been charged with anything by the EFL relating to this in the last 22 years.

So maybe we can agree that Ron has been very good at sticking to/playing (delete according to preference) the league rules whilst not actually breaking them for the last 22 years. Some will admire that achievement, some will be further outraged by it..

Either way the ruling makes a very interesting read.

Back