• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Suspension confirmed for Southend United defender Jason Demetriou

Couldn't have been anything less tbh.

It was a rediculous challenge.

I'm sure Demi knew straight away he was off. I called it to my mate well before the card came out.

crazy man last game of the season nothing game that torquay player could have been spending his summer break on crutches fully deserved ban

I've seen it again.

It's a red card, absolutely

But for me, it's been caused by the Torquay player completely bottling it. If they both go through that full-blooded it's not even a foul

If he'd been seriously injured there, he would only have himself to blame

Stonewall red but maybe the recipient has learned a valuable lesson. Don't bottle it

I've seen it again.

But for me, it's been caused by the Torquay player completely bottling it. If they both go through that full-blooded it's not even a foul

Stonewall red but maybe the recipient has learned a valuable lesson. Don't bottle it
Suppose you can't always assume your opponent has the same bottle. Picked on the wrong player in that case it appears!

Wouldnt it be strange if the guy involved in that tackle with JD had already been signed for SUFC! Would you believe it!! Might explain why they were laughing and ok with each other after the final whistle maybe.

I've seen it again.

Suppose you can't always assume your opponent has the same bottle. Picked on the wrong player in that case it appears!
I have watched the tackle again about 20 times. Wasn't high, wasn't two footed. Demi wanted the ball. The Torquay player just bottled it and Demi got the red for it. Undeserved in my opinion

Wouldnt it be strange if the guy involved in that tackle with JD had already been signed for SUFC! Would you believe it!! Might explain why they were laughing and ok with each other after the final whistle maybe.
If so, I'd be very happy. Looked physical, pacey and direct down that right side all game.

I have watched the tackle again about 20 times. Wasn't high, wasn't two footed. Demi wanted the ball. The Torquay player just bottled it and Demi got the red for it. Undeserved in my opinion
Oh, it's high. He's over the height of the ball for sure.

Interesting! Demi showing him who's top dog for the right back position?

I believe he's out of contract at Torquay and at 24 years old a good age. Didn't notice him that much on Saturday, would have preferred Ali Omar.

I think it was one-and-a-half footed tackle - sideways!
The right leg is catching the Torquay player's ankle; the left is shin height. Want a screen grab?
Why would anyone challenge like that to a ball they can probably win anyway by getting there quickly and blocking the pass?
Stupid; rash, and costly.

He's down as being offered a new contract in their released/retained list (as has Ali Omar)

https://torquayunited.com/56981-2/

- local rag reports that many have turned down Torquay's offers already though, although the article only references top scorer Armani Little and Connor Lemonheigh-Evans (possible "big name" signing!)

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/eight-players-go-big-names-7091444

He's down as being offered a new contract in their released/retained list (as has Ali Omar)

https://torquayunited.com/56981-2/

- local rag reports that many have turned down Torquay's offers already though, although the article only references top scorer Armani Little and Connor Lemonheigh-Evans (possible "big name" signing!)

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/eight-players-go-big-names-7091444
Would be class if we could take Omar, Wynter and Evans but one of these will do just fine.

Little will be playing in the EFL next season I reckon.

Back