• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suspensions

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
I think we're going to be hit by some suspensions soon. Last night was Demi's 5th yellow card (Halifax, Altrincham, Chesterfield, Weymouth, Yeovil) so that's a one game ban.

Harrison Neal had 7 yellow cards in National League North Games for Kettering before he came to us and has been booked in both games so that's 9 in the league. 1 more and that's him out for 2 games, I believe.

I'm assuming FA Trophy bookings only count in that competition, as Demi was booked in the game v Dorking too, so was effectively already on 5 before last night's game.

I'm assuming therefore if bookings from an FA Trophy game don't count, then suspensions for an FA Trophy game don't count as well, which means Demi can play on Saturday but not against Kings Lynn the following Friday.

Happy to be corrected on all of this information if someone knows more about it than I do (which is not difficult!)

What irritates, and slightly less so because of the win, is the manner of Demi's bookings.
At least three of the five were easily avoidable.
He can't help himself, can he?
But I guess that's to be expected from a lower league player with a short fuse.
After all, if he hasn't learned at 34 to stop winding up refs, he aint going to!

Last nights booking was pure vengeance for demi.

Love Neal already such a tidy and clever footballer but you can see he is a walking booking. Probably get up to 15+ easy before the end of season.

What irritates, and slightly less so because of the win, is the manner of Demi's bookings.
At least three of the five were easily avoidable.
He can't help himself, can he?
But I guess that's to be expected from a lower league player with a short fuse.
After all, if he hasn't learned at 34 to stop winding up refs, he aint going to!

When you clock up 9.9m views on youtube for a red you know your always going to be collecting cards

I think we're going to be hit by some suspensions soon. Last night was Demi's 5th yellow card (Halifax, Altrincham, Chesterfield, Weymouth, Yeovil) so that's a one game ban.

Harrison Neal had 7 yellow cards in National League North Games for Kettering before he came to us and has been booked in both games so that's 9 in the league. 1 more and that's him out for 2 games, I believe.

I'm assuming FA Trophy bookings only count in that competition, as Demi was booked in the game v Dorking too, so was effectively already on 5 before last night's game.

I'm assuming therefore if bookings from an FA Trophy game don't count, then suspensions for an FA Trophy game don't count as well, which means Demi can play on Saturday but not against Kings Lynn the following Friday.

Happy to be corrected on all of this information if someone knows more about it than I do (which is not difficult!)

Looking at the FA rules, you seem to be correct:

National League

5 23 National League Matches - 1 match
10 37 National League Matches - 2 matches
15 Last day of the relevant league playing season prior to the Play-Off matches - 3 matches
20 Last day of the relevant league playing season prior to the Play-Off matches - As determined by a Regulatory Commission

*this reads as 5 bookings before 23 National League games played, equals 1 match suspension.

FA Trophy games are separate, so if I'm reading this right, Demi is free to play verses Daggers but not Kings Lynn on Friday week.

When you clock up 9.9m views on youtube for a red you know your always going to be collecting cards

When he got back to Roots Hall, CP made him apologise to the rest of the squad for bring the club's name into disrepute.
I'm not sure whether this was tongue-in-cheek - as some have said.
But when viewed, it's a mixture of ridiculous and vicious.

When he got back to Roots Hall, CP made him apologise to the rest of the squad for bring the club's name into disrepute.
I'm not sure whether this was tongue-in-cheek - as some have said.
But when viewed, it's a mixture of ridiculous and vicious.
If that option arose in the 90th minute of our match last night, and Demi didn't do the exact same thing again I would be very disappointed in him - absolute ****housery but entirely necessary.
As for CP making him apologies for this - I cannot believe any manager, anywhere in the world asking someone to do that:ROFL:

If that option arose in the 90th minute of our match last night, and Demi didn't do the exact same thing again I would be very disappointed in him - absolute ****housery but entirely necessary.
As for CP making him apologies for this - I cannot believe any manager, anywhere in the world asking someone to do that:ROFL:
Not sure I'm up for the win-at-all-costs approach.
Yeah, do everything within the confines of the game to secure the result, even waste the odd minute here and there.
But that tackle?
On another night and another moment, it could have broken the player's leg.
I want us to win as much as the next fan, but not when others get physically harmed deliberately.
As for CP's gesture: repeat; I'm not sure there was a serious side to it, but it obviously wasn't the best look for the club.

Reactions: fbm
Keeping the score as it was with a minute to go in that game had a huge bearing on cyprus's standings. The consensus after that game from those there and the manager, was that the two Cyprus players close to the player should have taken the guy down prior to Jason having to or most likely leave a 1 on 1 with the keeper.
Cyprus fans loved him for it and he never shys away from the physical side of the game. However, he's had very minimal reds in the English league because he knows how not to get a red despite walking the line verbally at times. I
He can obviously divide opinion as can regularly be seen by CPM's and a few others posts, but that's what's great about a forum with healthy discussion and points of view.
CP got everyone to watch the video and JD did apologise tongue in cheek to the team but more in a joking 'don't try this at home' way.I
At times in the past I've wished his teammates at southend showed the same passion and last night I saw it against yeovil. It definitely intimidated yeovil and caused them to get niggly and affected them.

Keeping the score as it was with a minute to go in that game had a huge bearing on cyprus's standings. The consensus after that game from those there and the manager, was that the two Cyprus players close to the player should have taken the guy down prior to Jason having to or most likely leave a 1 on 1 with the keeper.
Cyprus fans loved him for it and he never shys away from the physical side of the game. However, he's had very minimal reds in the English league because he knows how not to get a red despite walking the line verbally at times. I
He can obviously divide opinion as can regularly be seen by CPM's and a few others posts, but that's what's great about a forum with healthy discussion and points of view.
CP got everyone to watch the video and JD did apologise tongue in cheek to the team but more in a joking 'don't try this at home' way.I
At times in the past I've wished his teammates at southend showed the same passion and last night I saw it against yeovil. It definitely intimidated yeovil and caused them to get niggly and affected them.
There are always going to be fans happy to see one of theirs kick a player.

But that doesn't make it acceptable, and as excuse for the kick, it's poor.
JD is not remotely thinking of tackling the player - he deliberately sets himself to take him by the knees: it's dangerous and nasty, yesterday, today, and next month!

My gripe is not so much this tackle, bad as it is, it's what he costs Southend United.

Yes, he brings passion and commitment, for which I applaud him.
But he also brings yellow cards by the sackful: 22 in two and a bit seasons, and one domestic red.
How many of those were started by gobbing off to the ref?
I love the passion, but shake head in despair at the self-inflicted wounds.

Seriously? I honestly don't know how anyone can defend this. The worst thing is that the ball is actually there. He completely ignores it and kicks the bloke. He's not even the last man. It's the sort of thing that only happens in Sunday league football when a player realises he is too ****ed to play and takes the easy way out.

It's a world away from the 'take one for the team' tactical foul. I don't like that either but it's sadly become the norm in the modern game. This is assault.

We now have another right back, don't we? Davies?

I would suggest get him some match fitness against Dagenham & then play him against Kings Lynn. Sorted, no?

Harrison Neal is trickier situation I would say.
As reported in the pre-match thread, Davies has already played for Weymouth in the FA Trophy so is cup-tied.

Back