• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sutton it's could refuse to be promoted

happydays

Sutton it's chairman not ruling out not accepting a position in EFL due to financial costs and would not want to lose there artificial pitch possibly for one season.

Even if true NL is still doing promotions. Doubt they will strike off one of the promotion spots as a result and it will probably go to another team below them. No guarantee Sutton go up automatically either.

That's not what this article on the Sutton United website suggests: From The Boardroom 29 - Sutton United Football Club.

They have submitted planning application for a new stand, are replacing antiquated turnstiles and applied to improve their floodlights to EFL standard, as well as considering how to replace the 3G, perhaps favouring a more expensive hybrid turf version.

If there is a genuine decision to make there, it fascinates me that a club would say no to promotion to the EFL. Large portion of their income must come from that pitch for it to be consideed as no worth going up

Sounds like dredging up something from 2017/18ish (possibly earlier) when EFL last voted to ban artificial pitches. Back then NL made all teams sign agreement that, if a team finishing in a promotion position refused promotion, they would be relegated to NL North or South!

Take whatever slim opportunities - desperation?

Still 5 games to go

Frankly I don’t give a toss if we only stay up by default as long as we stay up. I don’t want Oldham or anyone else to go out of business, but if two clubs are relegated I don’t want us to be one of them and if only one is relegated because Sutton don’t want to be promoted then even better. For what it’s worth, if Sutton did turn down promotion I still think two clubs will come up, it would just be two other clubs from the Nat League.

If there is a genuine decision to make there, it fascinates me that a club would say no to promotion to the EFL. Large portion of their income must come from that pitch for it to be consideed as no worth going up
If promoted,Sutton ,just like Harrogate at Donny,will start off sharing Wimbledon’s new ground.

Back