• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SWANSEA AWAT - TICKET ALLOCATION CUT

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
For some bizarre reason, known only to the Welsh, they have cut our allocation on Saturday to 1,911, which means we only have 60 tickets left.....

Anyone who wants one better act pretty quickly ladies and gents!!

Official site. All to do with this pitch invasion thing probably? We are not allowed to sell the front 4 rows?

It has been down for one of two reasons which one I don't know

a)You don't look like selling all your tickets so they are trying to contain you in a smaller section and thus sell remainder to home fans
b)The muppets who decide on such things have got cold feet due to the emails and concerns expressed by Southend fans about safety

I just bought one of the last seats in the upper teir and from what i was told in the ticket office a) above seems to be closest to the truth , although we have sold some for the lower tier
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ April 25 2006,17:20)]I just bought one of the last seats in the upper teir and from what i was told in the ticket office a) above seems to be closest to the truth , although we have sold some for the lower tier
rock.gif
Not sure it's option 'a'. Any seats we return as unsold are for the front 4 rows of the Lower tier, there is no way they would be resold to Swansea fans.

We only had 60 tickets left when this decision was made, surely we would have sold 200 more by Friday?

Prehaps the controlled pitch invasion rumours are true and they want the front 4 rows empty so Swansea fans can't get at us and Southend fans can't get on the pitch (not that we were ever likely to anyway).

From what I understand like the fans the club has probably expressed the same fears about crowd safety, thus Swans couldn't garentee it so they have said to cut the allocation.

Unreserved seating on Saturday anyone?!
rock.gif
tounge.gif

Anyone know what time the ground opens, so a few beers can be supped pre-match?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ April 25 2006,18:27)]Anyone know what time the ground opens, so a few beers can be supped pre-match?

rock.gif
I think I read 1.30pm somewhere, but if what JackForever is saying is true then you might want to buy your alcohol outside the ground!

10% allocation of max. capacity is the official figure is it not?

therefore because of Swansea's reduction in ticket allocation, some of our fans may not be able to go despite the fact swansea legally should be offering us tickets.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ April 25 2006,18:27)]Anyone know what time the ground opens, so a few beers can be supped pre-match?

rock.gif
thought you weren't going
suspect.gif
glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SuperShrimper @ April 25 2006,20:26)]10% allocation of max. capacity is the official figure is it not?

therefore because of Swansea's reduction in ticket allocation, some of our fans may not be able to go despite the fact swansea legally should be offering us tickets.
I believe that's only applicable to FA Cup games.

If not then there are plenty of Premiersh!te clubs breaking the rules (3,000 at Old Trafford (68,190) for instance).

fair enough, thought there maybe different rules in Premier league to football league.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ April 25 2006,21:29)]A disgrace. This should have been decided weeks ago, not 4 days before the game.
but the tickets have been on sale for weeks. Surely if anyone wanted a ticket they would have got it by now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ April 25 2006,22:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ April 25 2006,21:29)]A disgrace. This should have been decided weeks ago, not 4 days before the game.
but the tickets have been on sale for weeks. Surely if anyone wanted a ticket they would have got it by now.
True, most people would/should have already bought then, but those unlucky enough not to have them already should have at least another day to snap them up before the decision was made. Not not fair on those who did not get them early.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ April 25 2006,22:23)]
[b said:
Money permitting

Back