• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swansea City Family stand season tickets

This is the price they are paying for having a nice new stadium compared to the Mighty Shrimpers
                       Southend            Swansea      difference
1)1 Adult + 2 kids    £404                   £525            £121

2)1 Adult + 3 Kids    £462                   £625            £163

3)2 Adults + 2 kids   £704                   £795            £91

4)2 Adults + 3 kids   £759                   £900            £141.

On the day prices (as numbered above)

southend        swansea        differnce     S/T saving
                                                             SU         SC
1) £22                £25                £3             £102      £50

2) £26                £30                £4             £136      £65

3) £36                £38                £2             £124      £79

4) £40                £43                £3             £ 161     £89

With all there new facilities the extra money is probably worth it but will our fans pay those sort of increases when our FF ground has finaly been built.

To be honest to keep the fans coming in they will have to keep the cheap kids tickets and maybe up the adults a little.

Bums on seats is what it we need, if they go mad with the prices no matter what league we are in the casual fan will not come.

and yes i am bored

biggrin.gif

I think it would be almost certain that ticket prices would rise around 15% - 20% if we ever managed to find ourselves in a new stadium. The argument would no doubt be along the lines that the club would be offering far better facilities.

However, we need to have a new stadium first. We haven't even got planning permission to lay the first stone yet ...

WS

We've also got to actually submit some plans first too!

I think a new stadium's a good few years off yet, if it ever appears

Rather have our prices than Swansea's though!

Foundations are layed in concrete, not stones! You dig footings and fill them in with concrete! So try again! Keep digging pal!

Foundation Stone :

~ a coarse stone that touches the foundation of a structure;

or

~ a stone laid at a ceremony to mark the founding of a new building.

FNUR - nickernik - fnur- FNUR!

WS

tounge.gif

But that doesn't prove there will be one at Fossets farm! Which I doubt! Much easier to dig footings and get on the ol' cement mixer!

It's symbolic. Most structures have one, which normally includes a small brass plaque and the name of the VIP / official who helped "lay" it ... that's what the term means ...

WS

Well surely a brick would still be laid prior to the symbolic stone!?! no!?

we don't need a topping out ceremony at Fossets Farm cos we are staying at Roots Hall!!  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Not necessarily. The "foundation stone" could actually be separate from the actual construction, hence being reduced to mere symbolism ...

WS

Doubt you'd need planning permission for it in that case! Face it you've lost an argument! For once!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ May 07 2005,00:24)]Doubt you'd need planning permission for it in that case! Face it you've lost an argument! For once!
I didn't even realise it was an argument. But I'm prepared to argue that I didn't actually lose that argument ...

WS

wink.gif

Ok! well your 1 - 0 down, so i'll give you the oppurtunity to equalise!
But argument, discussion whatever! You said before the first stone had been laid and I said how a brick would be more likely...blah blah!

Really? I thought we were talking about the formation of a world religion based on the desire to see more use of parentheses in verbal communication?

WS

Back