• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bas blue

Coach
seems like swansea are getting a bit too excited about their promotion hopes

YOBS PUT VETCH CROWDS AT RISK

Bottle-throwing thugs could jeopardise Swansea City's capacity, club officials warned today. They are ready to ban any misbehaving fans who might put the crowd capacity for the remainder of the season in jeopardy.

Extra measures have been put in place to prevent a repeat of behaviour which has attracted the attention of the Football Association of Wales.

The club, which could go top of League Two after Friday night's home match with Southend United, are under threat of a suspended fine for incidents of missiles being thrown at linesmen or visiting players.

And director David Morgan says that they cannot afford any more problems for the rest of the season, set to be more emotional than usual with promotion on the cards and the end of the road for Vetch Field.

An extra police surveillance team was in place at last Saturday's home win against Chester City and will be on Friday as well.

Officers will again be using a mobile video camera trained on the North Bank.

"Last Saturday we had a police surveillance team at Vetch Field to try to stamp out the problems caused by a handful of individuals who throw bottles, coins or lights at linesmen or players," said Mr Morgan.

"We have been reported four times so far this season in the referee's match report.

"The club has tried to explain the harm that this could cause but a handful of people have not been listening. The vast majority do understand."

But the club are taking no chances and will repeat their reinforced measures on Friday and at other home matches.

In addition to disruptive behaviour, the club are stressing the importance of fans staying clear of the yellow entrance and exit walkways on the North Bank.

Mr Morgan warned: "If people are caught, their pictures will be in match programmes and in the media for all to know who is responsible."

Offenders will be banned from Vetch Field and the new Landore stadium.

"We were granted an extra 1,000 capacity for the North Bank before Christmas," he said. "It is now 5,322. But we can't sell those extra tickets in advance because if it continues, we could lose those 1,000 spaces. We expect 10,000 plus on Friday and we want the full capacity allowed until the end of the season."

Give the Headache to the welsh FA.

English clubs only in the english leagues,

You don't get the likes of germany having french teams in their leagues so why should we have the welsh
mad.gif

I know they have been in our league for along time, but we owe them nothing. They are just trouble waiting to happen.

Bruce Shrimpsteen

Born to Shrimp

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shoebury Shrimper @ Feb. 02 2005,08:20)]Give the Headache to the welsh FA.
Agreed wholeheartedly!  Doesn't NEWI Cefn Druids vs Swansea City just have that ring to it!  
smile.gif

I strongly object to them throwing bottles at players, but if they're throwing them at referees & assistants then that's one less they can chuck at me!  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Feb. 02 2005,10:09)]Oh great, now i'm really looking forward to Friday!

rock.gif
Are you taking Grim Jr to the Bronx? -- I mean, Swansea!

rock.gif

This is what I was talking about in a different thread. Swansea operate under the welsh FA and therefore get away with pretty much anything be it intimidation from the crowd or their own poor disciplinary record.

If for instance Millwall had been reported to the english FA 4 times this season what do we think the punishment would have been?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Feb. 02 2005,12:04)]This is what I was talking about in a different thread. Swansea operate under the welsh FA and therefore get away with pretty much anything be it intimidation from the crowd or their own poor disciplinary record.
Is this true? Does Swansea really operate with immunity from the FA?

Maybe the Football League should deal with the matter.

Back