• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

swansea fans

sufc_mini

Athough everybody is in ful swing of celebrations, i would just like to thank the swansea fans for there respect at the end of the game and when the coaches left. The southend fans left swansea with the sound of applaus from the swansea fans who hav taken note of our performances this season and applaued us upon our promotion. As the swansea fans have been called thugs and all the rest of it in the build up to this game.. i would like to thank them for their respect to us and our successes. However i msut note that i am only going on what i have been told by my brother..maybe somebody else had some experiences with fans to report today?

i also wish Swansea the best of luck next year and if it wouldnt have been for there blip in form, they indeed would be along side, if not ahead of us.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

THe blues are (finally)goin up, the blues are (finally) goin up, now u (finally) gotta believe us, now you gotta believe us..the blues "have gone" up!!!!!!

There were quite a few after the game, and to their credit they stayed and applauded out team off the pitch (after they'd celebrated with us) As our team went on, they also applauded the swans fans back. Nice gesture on both parts there.

On the way to the ground i bumped into a swans fan i knew, and we had some banter, then on the way home i was chatting with some more swansa fans, and they were all fine.

there are idiots following every team, but the vast majority are just decent fans

Yeah a big thankyou must go to those 5 or so Swans fans who made the effort to walk over to the gate between our two sections and shake any random ecstatic southend fan's hand and wish em all the best. For me that really summed up the whole day. I remember hugging some random welsh bloke who looked like Graeme Souness in his hayday. I wished em all the best for the playoffs coz lets face it that stadium deserves to stage Championship football.

Even Trundle applauded us as we passed, but its nice to see fans showing mutual respect. What a great day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ April 30 2006,09:22)]Yeah a big thankyou must go to those 5 or so Swans fans who made the effort to walk over to the gate between our two sections and shake any random ecstatic southend fan's hand and wish em all the best. For me that really summed up the whole day. I remember hugging some random welsh bloke who looked like Graeme Souness in his hayday. I wished em all the best for the playoffs coz lets face it that stadium deserves to stage Championship football.
Agreed. Great ground. Great fans, and so gracious - they deserve championship football

Absolutely agree. They have completely changed my perception of SCFC.

I was one of the fans that was congratulated at the barrier between the 2 sets of fans. I couldn't believe they were doing that. To see them all give our team a standing ovation at the end was incredible too. Compare that to Grimsby last year.

It was also nice to see Trundle put an arm round Daryll and congratulate him after seeing his shot pushed round the post for a corner.

Considering the police presence and the anti English songs as soon as they were let in, it was a surprise seeing them stay at the end and applauding the team but good on them. Fantastic stadium probaly the best it League 1.

I was literally right next to the Swansea fans, next to the netting (well my brother was) and Swansea fans are the best I've ever come across. They were so loud from where I was sitting, especially in the 1st half, and they have a great bunch of songs. They were the best away support I've ever seen at Roots Hall and yesterday they created a really good atmosphere. There were the usual idiots giving it to the away fans near me and singing anti-England songs but that's part of the banter. They're very passionate fans. Saying that, I've never seen so many female fans at one ground.

Then, at the end when we all found out that Hartlepool had equalised and were going crazy, the ones near me in the East stand all stood up and applauded which I thought was a really nice touch. The ones that stayed behind at the end to see their team doing the customary lap of honour, of which there weren't many, also applauded us at the end and were shaking hands with some of our fans. They were all applauding us as the coaches left too. It was a really nice touch and there seemed to be genuine respect between both sets of fans.

Well done Swansea fans you did yourselves proud.

I was also sat near closest to the netting with Dave the Shrimper but saw about 400 Swans who didn't watch the game just spent the game offering out our entire away support, making see you outside/w%&ker/cut throat gestures etc etc. Let's not get carried away here, Swansea is still the same old Swansea and they haven't changed into a different club overnight. To be fair the rest of the ground seemed totally different and bizarrely the same geezers that had been calling us every name under the sun for 90 minutes did start giving us the thumbs up when it was clear we were going up - but by that time i assumed they were taking the pi$$!
wink.gif

SUPERB day though - very, very proud to be a Shrimper today, despite the hangover.

Now for the Premier$hite!
smile.gif

What a great day. Superb atmosphere yesterday. Speak as I find and I thought the Swansea fans were great before, during and after the match (I sat by the netting next to the East stand, some good banter and humour, some natural comedians, don't waste my time watching the idiots, unfortunately you get them everywhere, just ignore them and concentrate on the real fans, both sets of supporters were a credit to football !). Some very good sporting moments shown by the Home supporters. Hope Swansea make it in the play offs as I look forward to going there again next season. Just got back
sleepy.gif

Yes, the Swansea fans were fantastic. We went into the Brewers Fayre pub next to the ground after the game and we were buying each other beers. I think we were the only three Shrimpers in there but they really made us feel welcome. Had plenty of their fans coming over to shake hands and wish us well. Had a brief moment when one of the fans we were talking to did get a bit agitated with one of us but it was soon calmed down. Some people are just more sensitive to critical discussion than others I guess but that's the same as anywhere. Apart from that had a good laugh with them all and we all joined in the applause for the Southend coaches as they went past. I ended up with a Swansea scarf in exchange for giving one of their younger fans my Southend scarf and LDV flag. Now maybe I can get a new "League One Winners" scarf for next season?!?!

Had a great night back at the bar in Ramada hotel with the other Shrimpers and some other Swansea fans. One of them assured me that we had the title in the bag a gave me a £1 as he was that sure - nice gesture. Eventually got to bed about 2am feeling a little 'tired an emotional'. Roll on next week!

Back