• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

swansea have sold 2000

tommytwoholes

Well it appears that the game will be a whole lot bigger if you believe what is being posted in jack army net. Just been on there and they had sold nearly 2000 today with tickets still on sale tomorrow until mid day. Its heading for the best atmosphere in ages.

Come on you blues

Good on the Swans for selling out their allocation.

BBC Teletext has an article about the game on the regional pages, it says the game has sold out yet says '10,880' (or something like that) will be in attendance.

If this is the case, why are we using 1,500 seats for segregarion....
rock.gif
tounge.gif

I don't think anybody really knows what the Roots Hall capacity is. It is always quoted to be 12,500 - but when we sell out we only get 11,000 approximately. What is going on there? I never know what the capacity is.

restricted view seats dont get sold. however with demand so high, i think they should sell them

Its a topic that has baffled all of us at some point.

I mean when they say "Sold Out" you would of thought that means that there is literally no seats what so ever available, but as Alex said it seems many of the seats deemed restricted view dont get sold full stop, which I think is a bit silly really.

Lets face it most of us would take any vantage point possible to watch games like this even if you have a post in the way or if your even below pitch level...

Who knows maybe its a health and safety reason as to why they dont make these seats available., i still think its a shame several hundred seats will always go unsold, think of the extra wonga that could be made...

We could go on for ages debating this, the fact is, the maximum capacity we could ever hold legally is less than 12,000.

Never mind im there Saturday and I will be shouting myself horse along with 10,000 other shrimpers.

Let's 'ave it!.

biggrin.gif

wasn't Yeovil last season a 'sell-out' the crowd was 11,735 if i remember correctly.

Gonna be intersting to see what the attendance will be tomorrow!

C'mon you Shrimpers!

Yes it was a sell out, despite there being a fair few empty seats near me in the North west corner...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 11 2005,09:18)]Yes it was a sell out, despite there being a fair few empty seats near me in the North west corner...
Those segregation weren't they?

I think a sellout on Saturday, taking segregation into account, will mean about 11,300 - as I think there will be a larger number of seats cordoned off...

The North including blocks Y and Z (but not X which is included in the West) holds 3500 - but Swans only got 2000 seats, so at least 1000 seats will be cordoned off I think?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 11 2005,09:22)]Those segregation weren't they?
No, apart from the segregation there were other empty seats. It may have been a group who didn't turn up though as they were all in a row...

Seem to remember someone saying that 400 London exiles would be able to pay on the day

Back