• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
Are Southend the most easterly club and Swansea the most westerly ?

Anyway Tilson is talking up the fixture it looks like it might be worth the hassle - and personally I leave home thinking we can nick the points - no problem.

Major worry was Macca as he was obviously feeling an injury against Swindon but expected to see both Barratt and Clarke but the two key men are not going to be out there. But despite the slight makeshift feel with MacDonald starting and Richards in - so what - Baily, Gower, Macca and Maher are all good enough to win it -

Tilson is calling the Swansea goal a soft one - and it was the usual ball on the six yard line with no keeper in sight - Collis might be tall and saving penalties but a Darryl flap or goal line dive might have been better than watching the statue - also Hammell Clarke and Richards all might want to ask themselves something about it ....

No biggy though as we were getting a grip in the middle and Swansea didn't look all that - second half I thought the swans were going to running their legs off on a heavy pitch chasing the ball - but hey ho the ref decided he didn't want a game of football when some-one had dared to say a naughty word to him and then made a tackle - so off went Nicky Bailey and as a game it was all over - and a load of money wasted. Bailey looked absolutely gutted and the Blues heads dropped.

Morgan dropped into midfield and looked a total liability and Tilsons half time changes were sensible although they might have been about longer term objectives - protecting Maccas fitness and giving the Mousse more league
experience - Francis on the right provided a useful out ball -

All credit to Maher for keeping it going for the rest of the game but for the second goal he was having a long chat with the ref - (and Hunt was having a good listen) while swansea took their throw in and went up the other end and scored ......completely unprofessional bollox....

Moussa has the creative ability but he hasn't got a defensive game - (which surely some decent coaching could sort out) and MacDonald is finding his feet at this level but will never have the speed - Francis is a footballer without a position -

Tilson is right - the ref ruined it - Sir Steve went there with ambition and even with the injuries we were looking fine on the park until the sending off.

The outlook is uncertain with the injuries and suspensions, the thing with Leon is a pain but the Blues have quality and young British (and Irish) talent.
To get out of this division you have to compete with Leeds and Notts Forest
(even with Swansea) and get a squad together with limited resources -

A load of the Swansea players and wives/girlfriend were having their Xmas dinner in the hotel afterwards and behaved so well it was dissappointing - a quiet laugh and loads of orange juice and water and just a few beers - stupid stupid frocks tho' -

view of the day - Port Talbot in the midday sun

why do the young people in places like this go out in t shirts at night - some girls were wearing shorts and sandals - duh ! its winter

chant of the day - stuff your dragon up your a___

the town ? don't want to be rude -

stadium ? - cold concrete bowl

the M4 ? clear .....

Collis - questions still for me over this guys ability with a crossed ball

Hammel - still capable of the defensive foul up

Clarke - still something wrong in central defence and distribution under pressure is poor

Richards - potential perhaps but also a hoofer

Hunt - looks in better shape -

Maher - has the quality on the ball but his mobility is less than Macca and Bailey.

Macca - hes carrying an injury

Gower - was going to tear them up and then had to spend the day on defensive duties -

Baileys - hes suspended

Morgan - suddenly went little boy lost

MacDonald - 100% for a totally committed effort - a couple of times his link play began to look ok

Sir Steve - unusually upset - at least he wanted Southend United at the top of the table - gave it up for the second half

moaners and groaners - not too bad at the game but coming out of the woodwork - I would be really ****ed off we were out of the top six but we're not

Matt Harrold - I didn't like what i saw of Dean Morgan today -
Hooper - could have been useful to have around -

January - get Leon in - hold onto everyone else, get them all fit and go on and dominate more games and force our way into the top two -

Tilson Out!

Have to be honest, I read it all and wasn't sure either. Maybe a smiley would've made it clearer :p (like that :D (and that etc.....:thump: ))

:hilarious:
er, take a look at the exclamation mark after the phrase Tilly out.

Now just you watch Rayleigh Boy come back on and say he really wants Tilly out:thump:

I would love to have 10 minutes with the ref to explain to him (quietly and calmly, of course) that I didn't do a 1400 mile round trip and spend a wad of money for his total breathtaking incompetence to ruin the game for us. He was so keen to get his cards out for Nicky that he nearly pulled the pocket off his shirt - so much for taking his time and a professional approach. I think most refs would have resisted dishing out the red there. If our pen appeal wasn't a pen why didn't he book Morgan for diving? Why was their pen a pen when Richards got the ball? Why wasn't their player given a red or at least a yellow for jumping in with two feet? It should have been a free kick to us (but he only gave a couple of free kicks to us in the Swans half of the field) and it was the play from this that lead to their second goal. Why wasn't their player booked for deliberate handball? Incredible!

And I bloody Froze.

And Lucky Derek has been given a right bollocking and warned that his seat in the car is under threat and another disappointing performace like Saturday and he is dropped!

I would love to have 10 minutes with the ref to explain to him (quietly and calmly, of course) that I didn't do a 1400 mile round trip and spend a wad of money for his total breathtaking incompetence to ruin the game for us

Would this quiet word involve a dark room, a 4 iron, and no questions asked after? If not, pass him my way when you've finished talking to him :D

Would this quiet word involve a dark room, a 4 iron, and no questions asked after? If not, pass him my way when you've finished talking to him :D

Actually, it's against my religion to underline my points by the use of blunt instruments, I am enjoined to forgive. However I did notice, in a detached half-frozen sort of way on Saturday, that that didn't stop me screaming dog's abuse at the chap from the terraces. I must work on this forgiveness thing... :angel:

But I see no harm in passing him on to you, WRS, after my quiet word if you promise not to hurt him... ;)

Meant to say in my first post, very good summary, Rayleigh Boy. The only thing I would add is that their second goal came about because of the Ref's bizarre refusal to give us a free kick for a blatant two footed lunge by Robinson.

looking at the "highlights" Moussa gifts them the second goal with miskick in our box -

Tilson is the best manager SUFC has ever had - the Tilson Out thing is a ****take of the ********s on here who think there is an easy way to get out of this league ....

looking at the "highlights" Moussa gifts them the second goal with miskick in our box -

Tilson is the best manager SUFC has ever had - the Tilson Out thing is a ****take of the ********s on here who think there is an easy way to get out of this league ....

yep that was shocking to be honest, even if the lad is only young. i didn't go to swansea but i'm trying to generalise some selection issues:

1. moussa still isn't good enough, but fair play to tilly for giving him chances
2. morgan doesn't cut the mustard... hooper and harrold seem well out of tillys good books
3. macdonald needs more games but it showing promise
4. francis has done a decent job at left back and right-midfield... is it time to give him a chance in his actual position... and maybe move hunt to left back if hammells poor form continues?
5. if macca and bailey are both missing the next game we have midfield issues and will miss foran IMO

Back