• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swansea ticket

My son has cried off for the Swansea game (girlfriend's birthday?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??) If anyone can cope with endless drivel about the glory days and Dave Worthington please e-mail me. It's the east blacks K123

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Nov. 07 2005,11:00)]My son has cried off for the Swansea game (girlfriend's birthday?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??) If anyone can cope with endless drivel about the glory days and Dave Worthington
I see no connection between Dave Worthington and any glory days. We averaged about 18th in the League, the three seasons he played !!!

His last game for the club was the relegation special at Hillsborough in front of 25000+.

Mick I agree Dave was not the best player ever to wear the Blues shirt but he was decidedly not the worst. However he was a real character. He came over and talked to the crowd when warming up, had a great line in patter and tried very hard as a player in spite of some obvious limitations. Glory days for me is oftern nothing to do with winning but enjoying the experience of football , going with friends, down the pub etc. Dave W and these days are inextricably linked for me.
tounge.gif

Although I never thought i would see the words Dave Worthington and glory days in the same sentence, I have to agree that he was a great charachter. He was always a 100% trier and was greatly appreciated by the fans during his time at Roots Hall.

Back