• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swansea

rabbloke

Coach
Looking at the seasons stats, Swansea and Southend have had an almost identical campaign. Is this a banker draw?

SOUTHEND SWANSEA
SHOTS ON 188 196
SHOTS OFF 139 128
CORNERS 161 190
HIT WOODW 6 6
OFFSIDE 111 116
OFFSIDE TRAP 109 108
FOULS 368 438.

Plus both Southend and Swansea have scored an identical 43 league goals this season. Lets hope that as Swansea commit more fouls we may benefit from a few free kicks or penalties. Not that I can remember our last penalty. When was it stat boys? Seems we have not had our fair share.

To be fair, it's just the massive discrepancy in away goals conceded that separates us. They've conceded a miserly 14 away and we put 4 of those in in one game.

Another thing I just noticed looking at the table is that Yeovil, Swansea, Scuthorpe, Lincoln and Northampton all have to play away in their game (one of Cobblers games) in hand over us. Interestingly though, the teams just outside the playoffs with a game in hand (Rochdale, Boston, Wycombe) all have home games to play.

Can't be bothered to check but it looks as though the games in hand over us may not be the three points in the bag they can sometimes appear.

Well Northampton's games in hand are Notts County (a) and Yeovil (h) - not easy! Sc**thorpe's is Wycombe (a). Can't be arsed to find out Swansea/Yeovil's as they're clearly going up, plus I'm sure we'll finish above Lincoln regardless.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Jan. 31 2005,11:44)]Well Northampton's games in hand are Notts County (a) and Yeovil (h) - not easy! Sc**thorpe's is Wycombe (a). Can't be arsed to find out Swansea/Yeovil's as they're clearly going up, plus I'm sure we'll finish above Lincoln regardless.
I think Yeovil have got Northampton away

rock.gif
biggrin.gif

so then swansea, sc**thorpe and northampton in a row, that is very interesting! with yeovil at home the penultimate game of the season.. now 2 home and 2 away from them, still a long way to go and we need to be on top of our game especially in the next 3 matches otherwise we will lose our good position... if we can mix it with these boys and get 2 wins or go undefeated in these 3 games then we have every reason to be up there...

I was thinking seven points from the four tough games in a row would be a good result (considering that would mean us taking points off of our rivals). With three points bagged from Darlo that means a win and a draw from the next three will get us there. I can't see us not beating Scunny to be honest, but it would be a great result to take anything from Swansea considering how well they are playing.

Don't forget also that after Sc**thorpe come to us next week they have a home game sandwiched between Swansea and Yeovil away. Their fixtures are just as tough (if not tougher) than ours coming up.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 31 2005,15:57)]I can't see us not beating Scunny to be honest
Blimey... that's tempting fate, surely...

I can easily see Scunny getting a point - they're pretty tasty up front...

rock.gif

I know, but they've still got, what, one win in seven? Certainly they're form would suggest that now is a good time to play them. Plus they like to play a bit of football and that always suits us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 31 2005,16:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 31 2005,15:57)]I can't see us not beating Scunny to be honest
Blimey... that's tempting fate, surely...

I can easily see Scunny getting a point - they're pretty tasty up front...

rock.gif
well! If our defenders go without their breakfast... Hmmm, Tilson!!!
laugh.gif

Back