• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Afraid last night, apart from the obvious sweet taste of victory, had a little bit of a sour side to it for me, albeit well after the game.

When we got home my son told me that he'd confronted one of our fans who had started calling Macc's Sinclair the N word during the game and was then verbally abused for doing so, apparently those around my son then backed him up and told the perpetrator to 'shut the **** up'.

I'm proud that my son did what he did and I would like to say thanks to those around him who backed him up.
As my son said we've worked hard to try and kick racism out of football and that's where it should stay; kicked out.

I am saddened that racist abuse is still considered OK by some of our crowd and would appeal to anyone to leave it outside the ground in future; such abuse does not belong in our game and I have no wish for it to be associated with SUFC, or with me as a Shrimper.

I know there was a fair bit of banter going on between the West and Sinclair last night and he gave as good as he got by scoring their goal but racist comments should have no part of that.

If Sinclair should read this, unlikely, I know, and he heard the comment then I would like to offer him an apology from those of us who are not bigots and would also like to extend that apology to the Macclesfield fans who travelled a long way to support their team and do not deserve to hear one of their players abused in such a manner.

I would like to think that I will never hear it again.

he didnt score their goal though daniel did.

Afraid last night, apart from the obvious sweet taste of victory, had a little bit of a sour side to it for me, albeit well after the game.

When we got home my son told me that he'd confronted one of our fans who had started calling Macc's Sinclair the N word during the game and was then verbally abused for doing so, apparently those around my son then backed him up and told the perpetrator to 'shut the **** up'.

I'm proud that my son did what he did and I would like to say thanks to those around him who backed him up.
As my son said we've worked hard to try and kick racism out of football and that's where it should stay; kicked out.

I am saddened that racist abuse is still considered OK by some of our crowd and would appeal to anyone to leave it outside the ground in future; such abuse does not belong in our game and I have no wish for it to be associated with SUFC, or with me as a Shrimper.

I know there was a fair bit of banter going on between the West and Sinclair last night and he gave as good as he got by scoring their goal but racist comments should have no part of that.

If Sinclair should read this, unlikely, I know, and he heard the comment then I would like to offer him an apology from those of us who are not bigots and would also like to extend that apology to the Macclesfield fans who travelled a long way to support their team and do not deserve to hear one of their players abused in such a manner.

I would like to think that I will never hear it again.

I'm the great scheme of this thread the relevance of this is almost nil.

*in the great scheme of this thread the relevance of this is almost nil.

Too right. If the best two players I've seen in a Southend shirt were black, the third best was Romany.

Yes Freddie does take a fair bit of stick banter is one thing but racism is certainly another, I think he took the whole thing very well when he played for you guys, he answered the racists in the best way possible by scoring against their team.

Is there anyway that it can be reported to the club where this idiot sat last night. A few years ago there was a number you could call to report idiots like that. The club can do without so called fans like that

Is there anyway that it can be reported to the club where this idiot sat last night. A few years ago there was a number you could call to report idiots like that. The club can do without so called fans like that

In the olden days, we could have called upon DC Spooner. Now I know not who we gonna call ... :unsure: ... hold on, haven't we got a hot-line to Tara? :cool:

.... or you could just try enjoying the sport of football without abusing anyone !!!!!

(with the possible exception of Saturday, when you should feel free to abuse the referee!!)

...... only joking, Trevor !

Mick, I was merely suggesting that instead of abusing our own players, we should, if anything abuse the opposition players. This obviously had a clear effect on our mate Sinclair as he was useless for the rest of the game after having the little sign language war with us fans.

I prefer to not treat my footballing match day experience as a night out in a fine restaurant indulging in Pinot Grigio, I'll leave that experience to the multiple restaurants around the country in which I occassionaly encounter.

I was shouted down for trying to get people to sing, as apparently I was trying to enforce the crime of a better atmosphere, so I would be grateful if you would allow me to enjoy the usual tomfoolery that I sometimes like to participate in, now in Block W.

I hope this smart reply is up to your standards...
:winking:

I take it sheep are now exempt on this forum :winking:

Well, let me see, now.
Are sheep a race, no, they're a species;
is being a sheep a religion, no;
is being a sheep a creed, no;
for it to be gender would have to state whether ram or ewe so, no;
sexual orientation in a sheep, mmm, difficult call but probably impossible to tell, so on balance, no.

Sorry, looks like it's still open season on you six-fingered, web-toed inbreds..... :COL U: :winking:

From where I sit Low down in V I heard nothing racist. Whether that was the ****ing drum drowning it out only God will know. By all means have a drumbeat to get the BV going but it would be much more effective and rhythmic to play the drum rather than trying to beat seven tons of **** out of the bloody thing !

I'll be the old fart at the next game with ear defenders on.

Last edited:
Back