• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daydream believer is used and corrupted by the Northampton fans to have a go at Peterborough and Barry Fry so that's no good.
How about simply the best by Tina Turner?
or Shrimply the Best? :winking:

OK, I've been holding this one back waiting for the right moment, and I think now is the time. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

Spoiler:  
Bucks Fizz and 'Making Your Mind Up'.

Last edited:
we should never of let Palace nab Glad All Over! there's a Basildon connection there we should use. Depeche Mode is a shout, should really be someone from Essex, South Essex preferably. Dr Feelgood might be a shout

Nice idea but hardly no one in the ground would have heard of Dr Feelgood never mind the song.
As it happens (sic) I am sitting here in the Med. wearing my Dr Feel good T-shirt while I catch up on all things Blues. Don't underestimate the reach of the good Doctor!

Eddie & The Hot Rods - Do anything You Wanna Do.
There is a video circulating of them in a bar on tour and listening to the penalty shoot-out. They are Shrimpers!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=weQ4oNk7Pqc

Sweet Caroline nabbed years ago... Thankfully my mug didn't make this clip.
I was disappointed with how the players performed it at Wembley!
They missed out vital bits in between lines!
It's not really sung at the ground though, only in the pub or if the PA bloke puts it on after a win (rare).

http://youtu.be/ZEpuPWrMab4

Generally, if a club doesn't have a song, then just stick to chants.
Club songs, though originally nicked from elsewhere and then taken ownership of by the fans, go back donkeys.

Yes sweet Caroline is a great song, everyone will sing it, it will be loud, and really good to stay in rhythm with each other....go for it 100%

In support of David Amess's continual campaign for an uplift in Southend's status I nominate Paradise City - Guns & Roses

In support of David Amess's continual campaign for an uplift in Southend's status I nominate Paradise City - Guns & Roses

You've just mentioned one of my all time favourites. You know,the sort you ramp the amps up on when the wife is out shopping.
[video=youtube;Rbm6GXllBiw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbm6GXllBiw[/video]

Back